PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Going?

~SunFlower~
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:24 PM
I am still waiting for a confirmation sometime this week from my boss to take a week off during the Canadian Open. :tape: :bowdown:

Randy H
Jul 14th, 2003, 08:38 PM
If I don't I will cry :angel:

:bounce:

Russianfan
Jul 16th, 2003, 12:32 AM
I'm only there for qual's :(

beauty_is_pink
Jul 17th, 2003, 01:36 AM
i'm going on the first saturday and sunday.. thast the quals... and for the quarters!!!!! :woohoo:

anyone kno if the top players... say.. Daniela Hantuchova.. will be there for the quals day, maybe like practising on the courts??? :confused: :p

oggie
Jul 18th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I'll go there for sure. I would like to go for quater, semi and finals if I can still buy the tickets for those.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 18th, 2003, 10:33 AM
anyone kno if the top players... say.. Daniela Hantuchova.. will be there for the quals day, maybe like practising on the courts??? :confused: :p

yep there will be some players there not involved in qualies practising
Sure she'll be there at the weekend as she's not playing LA.

splat
Jul 18th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Moi!!!

polishprodigy
Jul 19th, 2003, 01:19 AM
I will be there for both qualy days and the monday and tuesday and quite POSSIBLY the wednesday depending on whether I have enough money left! ;)

The practice courts are just outside the regular facility, and you can see the players at a really up close view! I didn't realize they had these courts until last year where I got lost while walking to the mens tournament lol!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 19th, 2003, 01:46 AM
my friends and I are going for sure for the qualies and the first day or two but I don't think we can afford more that on a student budged :sad: Hopefully, I'll get to see the top players practice though :)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:36 PM
i will spend my money in canada for the first 4 days of the tournament. Go Olga go!!!

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:38 PM
pratice courts are a shy for a big tournament like toronto, you can see nothing except low player ranking across a fence. high ranking player pratice on a court not available to the public!

beauty_is_pink
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:53 PM
pratice courts are a shy for a big tournament like toronto, you can see nothing except low player ranking across a fence. high ranking player pratice on a court not available to the public!

noooo! :sad: are you serious??!!

then how cann we see our faves off court then???

beauty_is_pink
Jul 21st, 2003, 03:56 PM
yep there will be some players there not involved in qualies practising
Sure she'll be there at the weekend as she's not playing LA.

yay! thanks soo much Boiled!!!! :kiss:

now... someone tell me where the practise courts are.. there not courts 1 or 2 i assume..... i think they're the courts outside of the grounds.. that are blocked off by big green things so we cant see any practise! :fiery:

anyone kno? i should.. since i've been before.. but i forget easily.. :o

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 21st, 2003, 05:06 PM
you can not see them off court only if the are walking around the courts. You will have more chance in the stand on smaller court, player often watch matchs from their friends. Players from France are usually always at game where french players play.

Toronto is the opposite of montreal. Just too bad montreal dont have a wta event every year. Maybe in 5-6 years... if we are lucky.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah Montreal is really good to see the players really close...You are almost on court with them when they practice!!!

beauty_is_pink
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:07 PM
Yeah Montreal is really good to see the players really close...You are almost on court with them when they practice!!!
what about toronto??? :sad:

Randy H
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:34 PM
When Toronto has its new stadium and grounds area in 2 years I think it will be a lot better. Right now the site is just too small to accommodate all the fans to the extent that it should.

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 24th, 2003, 06:36 PM
So that means that Pinky you need to come to Montreal :bounce: :wavey:

Hawk
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:13 PM

I know! Isn't it great! :D

I'm a little disappointed that i've heard the Toronto facilities aren't as open as Montreal :(

Anyhoo i'm going the first 4 days..Monday to Thursday..and I suppose I could go Sunday too as it's free to get in..

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:27 PM
sunday is free yes but you have to wait like 2 hours in line!

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 26th, 2003, 09:37 PM
i prefer pay 5$ and enter and be able to sit in the best place because they dont have enough people to check the tickets.