PDA

View Full Version : Report from Angie's fans gathering!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 13th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Yay...finally Angie's fans gathering happening...It was a blast!!! You know, this event was demanded by Angie's fans on her website...It was being held at Jakarta Hilton Executive Club this afternoon from 3-5 PM...I got there 10 mins to the hour and I immediately registered my name and the receptionist checked on my name on the list and he gave me a sticky name tag with my name already written on it...Then, I rang Amri up...and I went to sit next to him...Wow, good number of fans were there already...mostly men...just few women...I saw Angie's brother, mom and dad as well and last but not least Angie's stylish boy friend! :cool: ...Eventually, Satya - the man behind the show - came to the front and he introduced the 2 presenters for the event...Tyas Soemarto - a female journalist from bolanews.com and the one and only - Uncle Wimar Witoelar - former official of our national tennis association who is also Satya's father...And then...our beloved Angie came to the room...Woohoo, she was sexy in her tight jeans and blouse...She looked stunning! :eek: ;) Tyas and uncle Wimar threw some questions to Angie then...Then, 3 fans were chosen to answer some trivias about Angie...such as who are 2 Annas being defeated by Angie...Easy question! :p BTW, Satya and Amri were acknowledged by the presenters for their dedication in making Angie's websites...Go, Satya...go, Amri...Yay...Amri, got Angie's classic visor! :bounce:

A small girl was the youngest fan among all of us...There was also the oldest fan...He is 70 yo...Mr Haditono...There was also a sweet lady sitting in front row...She cannot talk properly by nature...gee, how do say that in English?...u know what I mean... :o shame on me...Then, trvia games were on and 3 fans were picked to answer the questions...one came out as the winner...Next...the presenters called 8 fans who were able to answer trivia question on Angie...When I had my turn...the question was about player with the highest ranking that Angie has defeated...easy answer for me...Patty Schnyder at IW second round and scores 64 62! Yay...smash from me! :bounce: I asked question to Angie about how she anticipates injury...She said that she is discipline herself in terms of managing her practice session, her meals and her time for rest...Good, G!!! Each of 8 fans were interviewed on the stage and we were all asked how we became G's fans...Each of us were asked to do an act on what G always does...My turn...I was aksed to do when G does her serve...with 2 balls...So, I acted like receiving balls from ball boy then I put one ball underneath tight skirt...then I served...Just did it spontaneously...It was hillarious...Amri had to act when Angie was crying after she lost doubles' match at Busan Asian Games...Finally, 3 fans were chosen for the final questions...Setio, Woyo and I reached the final 3...Setio came out as the winner to be the number 1 Angie's fan...I finished 3rd...Setio got Samsung cellphone while Woyo and I received Nike tennis shoes...

After that, it was autograph signing and picture session...each of us had to queue...I gave my gift to Angie...I prepared wisdom words for her and I framed it already at noon...She signed her autograph on a paper I brought and later on I would frame it...Obviously, I had pic with her! :wavey: While fans were waiting for G's autograph...There was a singer sang a couple songs and after that I took my liberty...hahaha...to sing a couple songs, too...L-O-V-E and Route 66 in jazzy beat...Yay... ;) Then after that I chatted with fans outside and we enjoyed all the refreshments...There was a big banner also for us to write motivational words for Angie...Each of fan received a doggie...ooops...goodie bag with G's picture and full of sponsors' logos...inside we could find T-shirt of Angie Fans Club...3 Sanex products, a Wilson white sock...Angie's color postcard...and Toalson grip tape and polyester fibre string...It was a great and fun gathering for all...It was cool to see the other fans who always crazy in the net...Hey, big mama Martina Widjaja was there, too...The chairwoman of Indonesian Tennis Association...Go, mama! :) also the sport journalists from newspapers and TVs...Congrats to Satya, Ewing, Vivi for making this possible...Sixth Sense Management...and also to the Widjajas! So, Angie...stay focus for Fed Cup PO and crack into top 20s as your goal next year!!! I was happy to see Angie after April 2002...She is definitely more mature!!! :cool: :wavey: :kiss:

Steveg
Jul 13th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the repport Adji :) . I guess that Rino was one of the few ladies in the room ;) .

köj-è
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:03 PM
yes steve.. that's right...

Harju.
Jul 13th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Lucky you guys :sad:

King Aaron
Jul 13th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the report Adji. :D
It sure does seem both you and Amri had a great time. :D

Rising Sun
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:16 PM
lmao @ all the things you had to do to win the prizes. :o :p

How many fans would you say were there altogether? :confused:

Glad you had fun. :cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:25 AM
I would say around 100 hundred people...the function room was not very big...but cozy enough... ;)

Fan asked if Angie has celebrity syndrome...She answered that she is now a celeb since she is playing tennis...When a fan further asked that people are concerned that she would be like Anna K...Angie said that her main focus is tennis...Anna K is also playing tennis but then she has another priority maybe...

She also said that she gets along well with Tammy, Wynne and Janet Lee for Asian players...She enjoys also to be friend of Spanish players as well as Australians... :cool:

Those were some of the things she discussed with us... :wavey:

Curtis F
Jul 14th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Great report SOSM! I felt like I was there! :D

Just wondering how famous is Angie in Asia? For example, in Jakarta, could Angie walk aorund the city cneter without being recognised or would she need bodyguards?

Congratulations on doing well on the trivia!

kfh_9118
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the report Adji. You guys are so lucky. I wish I were there too, meeting all of you, rino, amri, adji.

GoGoMaggie
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:39 PM
I wanna meet Angie in person too!!!!
She's such a lovely girl...would be a dream come true to me...
Can anybody tell me if she's playing Japan Open this year? I don't live near its venue but at least have some chance to see her play whether in practice or on TV if she does play here.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Yay...these pics I have taken...In the group pic, Amri (behind Satya), Satya (on the right kneeling down)... ;)

jirobkk
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Yay...these pics I have taken...In the group pic, Amri (behind Satya), Satya (on the right kneeling down)... ;)

Hello Adji,
Thanks for the report and wonderful pics.
Angies looks so happy taking pics with you. I've taken pics with her in Pattaya last year, she was so nice to me when I asked for the pics.
C'mon Angie. :kiss:
You are lucky Adji. :hearts:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I was so excited before I stepped into the function room where I would meet Angie...She has become a mature girl for sure...Fans came all the way from Makassar, South Sulawesi as well as Mataram, West Nusatenggara (east of Bali)....She was touched by our support and she was spreading her love to all of us...her sincere smile comes from her big heart! :kiss:

A - lways strive for the best
N - ever give up on everything
G - o for the gold in all aspects of life
E - ach moment is a new game
L - iving my life at the fullest
I - ndonesia is my beloved country
Q - uality tennis is my trademark
U - nlimited opportunities are there for me to grab
E - very time I pray to God Almighty

W - inning doesn't make me to be arrogant
I - t does matter to me for being all out
D - efeat doesn't mean I am a loser
J - ob is not done until I give it all
A - spiring to be humble yet courageous
J - ust to be myself is what I am proud of
A - iming high is same as playing to win

Go, Angie...you really make a difference! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Great report SOSM! I felt like I was there! :D

Just wondering how famous is Angie in Asia? For example, in Jakarta, could Angie walk aorund the city cneter without being recognised or would she need bodyguards?

Congratulations on doing well on the trivia!

Thanks Curtis... ;)

Last year, after Angie won Al Habtoor's 75 K then she was one of the stars on the launching of new Samsung cellphone and it was held at Plaza Senayan - the people's choice for hangout - and based on my observation, Angie had no problem to walk around back then...but maybe now since she is getting more attention, it could be different story... :cool: