Jan 28th, 2002, 06:56 AM
so, what's your pick people? :)

GrandSlammed
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:05 AM
What's yours?? :p

You forgot Davenport and Morarui!

RYNJ
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Venus and Serena are not the best doubles technitians but when they play they are very good.

Hingis and Anna are good as well.

Isanie
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by GrandSlammed
What's yours?? :p

You forgot Davenport and Morarui!

:sad:

I know! I pressed the stoopid buttom by accident :(

I had that 4th option... oh well, they are great too!
I hope Corina gets better :)

Alek
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Maggie Maleeva/Åsa Svensson ;)

Jordan.
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:37 AM
SPICE GIRLS!:D

gorecki
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Team adidas of course...

plus any partnership Natasha Zvereva would team up with [Gigi Fernandez/Lindsay/Martina H/Anna/...]

destructo_girl
Jan 28th, 2002, 12:28 PM
You can't beat the Spice Girls.
(As if anyone wouldn't have know I'd say that.)

And if anyone doubts Team adidas, maybe I should suggest that you read all the mindless posts I wrote, raving about each and every breath they took. (which I'm sure, was also unison)

evaz
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:07 PM
let's go spicegirls!:bounce:

saki
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Hingis-Kournikova are probably the best team around at the moment.

I think Raymond-Davenport was very good too. If they were a regular team, I think they'd definitely be challenging Hingis-Kounikova.

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Williams/Williams are good too :D They are so hard to break ;) :p

I think Spice Girls and Team Williams should play one day, then we'll know who is better!!

disposablehero
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Seles/Testud

saki
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that The Spice Girls have played the Williams sisters before. I can't remember the result though...

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:36 PM
I don't remember that happening. Monica/Martina did play Williams before though

saki
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Oooooooh, I found it.

Hingis-Kounikova lost to Williams-Williams 3-6 7-6 6-8 in the RG final 1999

Close, very very close!

marshmellow
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:54 PM
yes. that was a very close match. the spice girls were two points away from victory. but anna was serving.....she doubles faults twice in a game and the williams end up getting a break. they lose the second set in the tiebreak and a long third set as well....

hope they play again so. not very likely that'll happen anytime soon though.....maybe RG?

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah... so that supports my stand that Venus/Serena are better than Anna/Martina ;) :D

I do hope they play again soon... they will surely provide the best doubles in a long time!! :D

And the drama they will give too.... those 2 teams must hate each other to the core. *shudders*

ajayares
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Actually Venus and Serena were up 6-3, 5-2(double break) in that match.. but martina and Anna were able to forced the second set tiebreak.. in the 3rd set Anna served for the match at 5-4 and they even had a match point.. but they eventually lost when Anna lost her serve at 6-7 in the third set..

Overall Martina/Anna have a 62-3 record with all there loses coming in three sets..
Every tournament they have palyed together and finished they have made the final....

16 events for 11 wins 4 runner ups (didn't play the final in sydney 2002) and semis in Filderstadt in 2001 (didn't play that match due to martina's injury)

marshmellow
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah... so that supports my stand that Venus/Serena are better than Anna/Martina

what the? http://www.3dpcgame.com/cwm/s/kao/chika/chirolp_gaan.gifi can't believe i just supported someone else's stand that the spice girls aren't the best teamhttp://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/kao/chika/chirolp_gurug.gif....

and OHMiGOD! and i call myself a fan?! http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/kao/chika/chirolp_gomen.gif that last post had no logic or sense at all! i stayed up all night just to watch this thing! http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/kao/chika/chirolp_nemui.gif

tnx ajayares. exkwuuuse me...i've got to go kill myself....

irma
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Martina with who ever!

Zamboni
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Spice Girls, just look at their record! That's just amazing!

Martian Mel
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:11 PM
SPICE GIRLS, the only team that comes close is team williams

GrandSlammed
Jan 28th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Chanda Rubin and Sandrine Testud were great together!!

Justinator
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:31 PM
I agree with Irma, Martina with who ever

Jordan.
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Go Spicegirls!

Linton
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Martina And Anna Of course. Hingis is a natural volleyier. she is so composed. she mght not be the most hard hitting. but he mind would be

apoet29
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:43 AM
The Williams sisters are amazing in the sense that they are exclusively singles players playing doubles. They have won the grand slam in doubles; however, they do not play enough to be the phenomenal team they could be.

Kournikova/Hingis are without a doubt the best team currently playing. They have a 63-3 record losing to the Williams sisters @ the FO 99, Halard-Decugis/Sugiyama @ the Kremlin Cup 00 and Black/Likhotseva @ the Acura 01. I definantly nominate them and hope that injuries or arguments with flying vases and flowers will not tear them apart. Personally, I think if they can keep it together, this team can win the grand slam this year.

Stubbs/Raymond were the doubles team last year and have great results winning Wimbledon, the US Open and The Chase. However, Stubbs on the court attitude leaves much to be desired and as much as I like both ladies, her attitude is enough of a turnoff that I end up rooting for their opponents. Best of luck to them though. Other than the Williams sisters and maybe Black?Likhotseva, this team is the only team that can potentially beat Kournikova/Hingis.