PDA

View Full Version : Who remembers Sensible Soccer?

RayDay
Jul 13th, 2003, 03:06 AM
I remember that game sensible soccer.

It had at the time the greatest database of players and it had such good gameplay.

I aslo miss the crazy teams they had like fast food and sauces :lol:

who else remembers this game

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Haha!

Of course!

I loved and still do love this game.

The gameplay was so fast, by the way can you remember how you could score goals from the half way line that would bounce over the keepers heads?

Or when you'd hip a cross in and the left winger would come in appearing to fly about twenty yards with a diving header that would bury in the net.

Classic game.

Martian Martin
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:48 AM
I still think this was THE football game.

It was so simple to play, it was always a lot of fun editing the teams and it was so great that I feel like going to dig out my Amiga and playing it this afternoon!

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
yep it was awesome :)
nice cheats too :)

boot the ball out near the oppositions pen area
throw ins for opposition
they try and give it back to GK and you get in and score in empty goal :lol:

also scoring from corners :lol:
pass to your player and he dribbles along line and puts it in.... no tackles :D :D

diving headers were the best ....... header from half-way line and you end up in the penalty area

Iconoclast
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I did enjoy Sensible Soccer a lot.

But nothing beats Dino Dini's Kick Off 2. Superb gameplay, ultrafast. Difficult to master because the ball isn't glued on, but extremely pleasing when you do get the hang of it. Loved the bicycle kicks.

Here's a nice introduction to the game: http://www.angelfire.com/al/AlkisJokes/ekickoff.html

DunkMachine
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Man I love that game. I still have it on my pc. But my 2 GHz pc is too fast to run this game sadly:(. If you want the game toss me a line and I will mail it to ya.

RayDay
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Man I love that game. I still have it on my pc. But my 2 GHz pc is too fast to run this game sadly:(. If you want the game toss me a line and I will mail it to ya.

can you obtain a copy of the game?

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Them jinking runs you used to make in the penalty box, then crack one into the top corner... Bang.

I also used to love how you could time those scything tackles to perfection, or just mistime em completely and get sent off.