PDA

View Full Version : Tony! Toni! Tone! Reunites

Rocketta
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:10 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Maybe they will make it permanate????????

Tony! Toni! Tone! Reunites
Fri Jul 11, 8:49 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Gail Mitchell

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - New Orleans may have been hosting the ninth annual Essence Festival during the July 4 weekend, but the place to be July 3 was Los Angeles' House of Blues.

Joining Raphael Saadiq (news) during the second of three performances for the recording of his live album were Tony! Toni! Tone! (TTT) alumni D'Wayne Wiggins and Timothy Christian, D'Angelo, Joi, Skyy, DJ Quik, Ledisi, Goapele, Devin the Dude and New Birth's Leslie Wilson.

TTT's five-song mini-reunion got the joint jumping, with the capacity crowd singing along to such gems as "It Never Rains" and "Whatever You Want." Another crowd pleaser was D'Angelo's raucous rendition of his single with Saadiq, "Be Here."

Saadiq's live set is slated for an October release on his Pookie Entertainment label.

Reuters/Billboard

CC
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Was "The Tony Rich Project" apart of that group?

I pretend that I'm glad you went away ....

Whatever happened to him.

I used to think it was Babyface. Sometimes I still do until I remember ....

Cariaoke
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:30 AM
CC: no

that's great news! *sings 'It Feels Good'* :)

Miss Thang
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:11 PM
"Do you know what today is? It's our anniversary..." :cool:

Miss Rocketta I hope so but Raphael is always trippin (chile look what done happen to Lucy Pearl) so I aint holdin my breath. ;)

decemberlove
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:32 PM
the function's on
around midnight
what time is it
are you inside?
available to come and play
give me a clue
so i dont have to
look for you

lets get down lets get down lets get down

Miss Thang
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:51 PM
OK y'all. Who singin Little Walter? If I Had No Loot?
:cool:

Mad luv to y'all cuz when I joined I didn't think there was gonna be any "folk" up in this piece. :kiss:

Bacardi
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Damnit, doesn't this mean you are like old if you remember Tony! Toni! Tone! :confused: :lol:

I think I still have the CD around..... somewhere. :tape:

Cariaoke
Jul 12th, 2003, 05:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

no, no I don't have any of their CD's but I grew up with them :D

Rocketta
Jul 12th, 2003, 05:13 PM
I have a lot of their cd's and yes I am old. :tape:

harloo
Jul 12th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I grew up with the tonis in the bay area. We use to see them all the time at church conventions. I never thought that they would blow up.

Dwayne Wiggins has a place called java house where people do poetry, spoken word like the Ponannie Poets. I know some of yall heard about it. It's nasty poetry. LOL. They do other types also.

I also met Ledisi, she performs at cafe de noir and bruno's regularly. I don't think she does right now. She even danced with me. Don't sleep on her she is really cool.

Also, Goaple is a big hype imo. Her album is not as good, but around the bay area they act as she is the best thing since sliced bread. My brother called me and told me about her, and he went out and bought her album and it was not that great.

I know Rapheals live album will be hot. Don't sleep on it, his last album was off the chain. :lick:

Miss Thang
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Damnit, doesn't this mean you are like old if you remember Tony! Toni! Tone! :confused: :lol:

I think I still have the CD around..... somewhere. :tape:

Chile I'm old (see my Shai topic) enuf to remember Sinbad bein in the Little Walter video. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:35 PM
reuniting??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

miss thang i love that song... :)

Miss Dee Dee I think it's their best song and I love me the video also. :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:39 PM
I grew up with the tonis in the bay area. We use to see them all the time at church conventions. I never thought that they would blow up.

Dwayne Wiggins has a place called java house where people do poetry, spoken word like the Ponannie Poets. I know some of yall heard about it. It's nasty poetry. LOL. They do other types also.

I also met Ledisi, she performs at cafe de noir and bruno's regularly. I don't think she does right now. She even danced with me. Don't sleep on her she is really cool.

Also, Goaple is a big hype imo. Her album is not as good, but around the bay area they act as she is the best thing since sliced bread. My brother called me and told me about her, and he went out and bought her album and it was not that great.

I know Rapheals live album will be hot. Don't sleep on it, his last album was off the chain. :lick:

Ponannie Poets? :eek: :cool:

Didn't Dwayne have a group after they broke up 'bout the time Raphael was doin Lucy Pearl?

Chile they slept on Raphael last album and that the one peeps said was da bomb. Y'all heard any mess 'bout Raphael bein "sweet"? I heard that awhile back but can't remember where.

Dava
Jul 12th, 2003, 09:55 PM
So does this mean that Lucy Pearl is over.

So what was the point of that whole Dawn Robinson 'split' farce, if infact it was only a one album project :rolleyes: