PDA

View Full Version : Who else is craving for the footy season to start again?

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 12th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Pre season has just started! It's creeping up on us once again, teams are dabbling into the transfer market (or throwing money left right and centre if you're Chelsea... or Hucknall)... I cant wait, new kits coming out, expectations are at a high, finally the dearth of no football is going to be lifted.

My club's first pre-season friendly is at the might footballing giants Worsborough Bridge (yes, the world famous club)... I was meant to be going up but the boss has bloody rota'd me in for next saturday, which has bloody annoyed me to say the least. Then we've got Worksop Town at home, Barnsley at home and Doncaster Rovers at home, all glamour in non-league ;)

I cannot wait though until I am eating stodgy pies (unless you go to Chorley who supply the greatest pies known to man) and peas and shouting ridiculous songs, banging a drum, drinking plenty of beer and then returning to some form of normality on a sunday.

Emola
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Omg so much! Im really bored with no footy going on! We play a friendly against FC Cologne this wednesday and then the Amsterdam tournament in August, then a friendly with Valencia on August the 9th. Im very happy with the cheap signing of Harry Kewell so I cant wait to see him in action.

Bring on the footy season! :bounce:

snoop
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM
We got promoted and will play our 1st match against Bayern Munich. Cant wait to go there on 1st of august :bounce:

:fiery: Shame on Pool, bring back Harry

arn
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Nope :p

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:41 AM
My other club... Derby County seem to be shaping up okay, but the positive things that are happenning with the team seem to be overshadowing the shambles in the boardroom.

We've signed an honest centre half in Dave Walton who just defends and thats it, hopefully he can be another Spencer Prior or another Dean Yates... We've also signed Ian Taylor from Aston Villa and Portugal Under 21 winger Candido Costa from Porto. Promising defender Pablo Mills ha put pen to paper on a new contract too.

Martian Martin
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to the new season, Hearts have bought some decent players and if we could just get the new goalie that we are looking for, then I think we'll have another good season.

Just wish we could steal Antti Niemi back from Southampton!!

SJW
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:01 PM
gotta see the newest Red Boi Mr Kewell in action :D:bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:02 PM
me can't wait either :D :D

any Leeds fans ....... take a long walk on a short pier :p :devil:

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 12th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Eggy - I second that... yeah Leeds fans, go play on the motorway with a sharp knife.

Emola
Jul 12th, 2003, 05:47 PM
:fiery: Shame on Pool, bring back Harry

:lol:

Shame on Leeds for letting him go on the cheap! And now Fowler is going to bunkrupt you :p

Emola
Jul 12th, 2003, 06:18 PM
footy season is no doubt the best season of all. :)

:worship:

so true. Im bored to tears without it :sad: not long to go now!

Central
Jul 12th, 2003, 07:09 PM
I had Argentinian football till last week, but now :o nothing till end of august in Spain.
Though, I don't know if I want the Spanish season to start... Real's going to kick our ass this year too :(

Sean
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I feel sorry for leeds they were conned....:sad:...lol :lol: dirty scum

I cant wait for it 2 start geez I see Arsenal have alot of money to spend in the transfer market :rolleyes:. WHY IS KANU STILL HERE????

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:35 PM
What's everyones views on Chelsea?

Possible Premiership Champs? Who knows?

I have been suffering massive footy withdrawal symptoms, just been watching some of me old Rams season reviews..

"Wanchope picks it up in the Derby half, he's carrying on Wanchope, and he's gone right through them Wanchope! Oooh what a goal!"

Sean
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Chelsea have never had the bottle to win anything throwing money and fancy signings into it isnt gonna make any difference. More foreigners?

Whats happening with Jimmy FH has he gone yet?

RayDay
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Harry Kewell's Signing is needed much badly at Liverpool.

We needed a influential midfielder and he is a vital part in that area of the field

but if liverpool is to succeed, the other players have to lift their game as well :(

Lord Chips
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:26 AM
My wishes for the new season:

Promotion for the R's. Cardiff robbed us last season and were the best team in div2

Relegation for Cardiff (with someone seating off the fire alarms at 3am the night before the final match) and for Fulham, so they can stay at Loftus Road and pay QPR (and Wasps for that matter) lots more money.

Roman Abramovich to asset strip Chelsea and then invest all his money in the R's turning us into the biggest football club in the world with in 5 years

Well I can dream.......

Megli
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:37 AM
I also can't wait.
Hopefully Ajax will win the Dutch championship this year, and will play good again in Europe.
Can't wait for the Amsterdam Tournament, because I think that's the first 'tourny' which will be on tv again.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Abramovich buys a Russian team and moves Chelsea into their place ;) so they can win a title for once

anyone thinking Leeds will be relegated :devil: :devil:

Lord Chips
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:07 AM
At the rate they are selling players, they'll be lucky to have enough players to field a team each week

bluepastures
Jul 13th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Celtic play Fulham in a friendly on Sky on Thursday evening.

I think Fulham could well get relegated this season, as Al Fayed is losing interest and isn't putting any more money in. Apparently they've sold less season tickets than their "landlord" QPR who are in the 2nd division!!

Can't see Cardiff getting relegated though. I think they'll be fighting for a play-off place in division 1.

propi
Jul 13th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Since my team is promoted again to Primera División I really want it to star!!!
I want :rolleyes: R. Madrid not winning this year, :lol:it'd be so funny if they don't, all the preasure is on them:lol:
:devil: and so many stars in the same locker room can't be good :devil:
Alé, Zaragoza, alé alé.... :bounce:
Força Barça :)
And the best of all is this year we have European Cup on Portugal!:bounce:

Emola
Jul 13th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Abramovich buys a Russian team and moves Chelsea into their place ;) so they can win a title for once

:lol: hopefully

Chelsea well all I can say is they aren't getting Gerrard for 50 million! They can piss off :devil: (not that he or anyone is worth that....)

snoop
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:06 PM

never http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/unsortierbar/ph34r.gif :dance:

too many scousers around here :mad:

Is Babbel leaving?

Emola
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:10 PM
never http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/unsortierbar/ph34r.gif :dance:

too many scousers around here :mad:

Is Babbel leaving?

All 2 or 3 of us? :p Its not our fault almost everyone hates dirty Leeds :angel:

And he hasn't gone yet but yes, he probably will be.

King Aaron
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I'm starting to catch the footy fever. It's still early days before the season starts and Blackburn better get their defenders. Emerton is a good signing and they better not let Chelsea have Duff.

Lord Chips
Jul 13th, 2003, 07:20 PM
I think Fulham could well get relegated this season, as Al Fayed is losing interest and isn't putting any more money in. Apparently they've sold less season tickets than their "landlord" QPR who are in the 2nd division!!I know a Fulham season ticket holder. He paid £99 for his season ticket last year. Now its more the £200.

The main difference is the Fulham fans tend to be glory hunters and now their run of sucsess is over. With QPR, we have a hardcore fan base who have stuck by the club through thick and thin. 30,000 went to Cardiff, all replica shirts were sold. People came from Israel, Germany, Belgrade, USA for that match. Very few clubs have that level of support.

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Fulham a few years back used to play in front of crowds of 3000. Now, they are adorned by plastic fans who are beginning to desert them as their chairman does. Al Fayed bought Fulham purely as a business interest. He never had the money to turn them into a world beating side...

The difference with "Red Rom", is that building a world beating Champions League winning side is small change to him. It could go horribly horribly wrong, it could go unbelievably right.

Chelsea must stick with Ranieri though, after a dodgy start, he is beginning to show his true worth as a good coach, he does come across as a thoroughly nice bloke too, but I think he could be the man to take Chelsea to glory with the money they have now. If they bought in a Van Gaal, Del Bosque or a Capello who has no knowledge of the English Premiership (and it is a totally different ball game from Spanish or Italian football) it could all go wrong.

They could always get John Gregory in, he needs some work... unless his management is given a government health warning. He quite simply is the worst manager in football, apart from that american bloke who managed Chester City.

bluepastures
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Gazza needs work too, and I think even he'd be better than Gregory as a manager.

Apparently, Juan Riquelme may be available to leave, as he didn't particularly impress in his first season with Barca. According totoday's newspapers Manchester Utd may be interested.
In a similar situation Flavio Conceicao is out of favour at Real Madrid, and Beckham's arrival puts here even further away from the first team. Middlesbrough are interested, following their failure to sign a permanent deal for Geremi.

How does everyone think O'Leary will do with Aston Villa? I think he could do well, especially if he succeeds in getting Juan-Pablo Angel and Alpay playing well for him. Both are very talented players, but neither had a good season last season, with Alpay making very few appearances.

Lord Chips
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Fulham a few years back used to play in front of crowds of 3000. Now, they are adorned by plastic fans who are beginning to desert them as their chairman does. Al Fayed bought Fulham purely as a business interest. He never had the money to turn them into a world beating side...But he did have money for his own private, gold plated toilet to be installed at Loftus Road. Honestly!

Cilla
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:55 PM
God yeah! I'm so :yawn: :sad: without football. Well not long to go now........Bring on the Community Shield :p

JoeyWinson3.0
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Gregs was a great PR man, he would do very well in Public Relations in some company, but you cannot do that sort of work for a company that you are managing too, badly.

People gave him a bit of sympathy at Derby because he was such a good player with us in the 1980's, but he f**ked up Derby County loads, okay so behind the scenes the club is a shambles but I do think these so called "irregularities" did happen.

ZvonarevaFan
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:02 PM
I am sufficiently looking Forward to the new Season. In the past Year, is
which the closed Season actually without reaching seemed short, because of World Cup the old Season difficultly ended before new one is Begun.
This initiated time it it seems as much times from the old Season it
finished. I do not to vizhu Chelsea reaching any thing more than they have last few years, they are which to budut by the best of Rest as usually!

:)