PDA

View Full Version : How many more Grand Slams Justine will win???

ns_Henin
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Aaaah because Justine time lack of thread, i made this stupid thread just to made some noisy here... We know Justine through the Semifinal 3 years in a row and 3 defeats in a row by Williams sisters at Wimbledon. And we know Justine just made her first SF at Aus Open and advanced to the 4th round 3 times in a row at US open. So what u think about this fact? Could Justine win more grand slam titles in future??? Post ur comment and try to make Justine Time lively interesting ;)

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:54 AM
This question is kinda hard to predict;) (as we all know what happened to Martina Hingis).

Also there are some great players who had only won one grand slam in their career......like Gabriela Sabatini(who was the guest at the RG trophy presentation).

Anyways, I believe JuJu will atleast win ANOTHER RG title, she has to cuz she's the best clay courter out there (20-1 record this year:))! it will be harder for her to win the other 3 slams because of the court speed. but never lose faith!:D:D:D

bubbliscious
Jul 14th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Doubtlessly, she'll win another major ... maybe 2 RG and 1 Wimby would be great !

Brαm
Jul 14th, 2003, 04:51 PM
I went for 2 (maybe 2 RGs, maybe 1 RG & 1 Wimbledon) :)

Surprise us Justine! :devil:

saki
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:26 AM
I think RG another two or three times, one Wimbledon title, and conceivably an Australian Open if she gets lucky.

Brαm
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I think RG another two or three times, one Wimbledon title, and conceivably an Australian Open if she gets lucky.
That many??? :eek:
That means she'd win at least 5 slams in her career! :o
compared with Hingis's 5 and Venus's 4...

saki
Jul 15th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I don't see why not. My guess is that she'll be playing for another 8 or 9 years at least. There aren't that many clay-courters good enough to challenge for RG - Serena, Venus, Amelie, IMO (and potentially some of the Russians in the future) - so, I don't see why any reason why Justine won't pick up another two or three titles there. Wimbledon, I think she'll win at some point but probably only once. Australian is a maybe - she'd need some luck with the draw, I think. So, yeah, at least three slams (2 RG, 1 Wimby) and potentially five (3 RG, 1 Wimby, 1 Oz). I don't think that's a bad prediction.

fleemke³
Jul 15th, 2003, 10:08 PM
I agree with Saki!
If Justine doesn't suffer to much with injury's and stuff she will have a long and good carreer!
RG and Wimbledon are hers and why not the hard court Slams?

I believe in her :cool:

Nemesis
Jul 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I think she'll win Roland Garros many times and maybe a AO or Wimbledon title. But I think the US Open will be her "unreachable" Slam. I hope she can prove me wrong this year, but she's not comfortable on American hardcourt.

Belgium = Best
Jul 19th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I hope 3, but the Russian talents are already good, so maybe they will be a danger for Justine in the future!

*prays for Justine*

Rtael
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:16 PM
I think she will own RG for years to come....I say 4 more RG's in her future.....I say 1 or 2 Wimby's but probably two....she needs to learn how to handle the V/S power on grass.....I think she will probably mak eone Aus Open and maybe if she gets lots of luck she'll make one USO....but she's still got alot of improving to do on hardcourts....

carot
Jul 20th, 2003, 07:27 PM
more than 2

Lady
Jul 23rd, 2003, 08:17 PM
More than 2!!
I do believe in her if she stays healthy!!!!!!

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 25th, 2003, 02:22 AM
yes, i would bet on Justine to win Wimbledon more than the Australian or US Open......Justine is too talented not to win the crafty surface of Wimbledon:D

shap_half
Jul 27th, 2003, 09:25 PM
If Justine can beat Lindsay on the Australian Open surface she can surely win. I think she might win the Australian Open in 2004 - I've got a good feeling that she could win it next year but I think by 2004 she will have improved on all courts. I think she can win the Australian more than once and also Wimbledon. But Roland Garros she SHOULD win everytime she enters! She is after all already a champion

Hingiswinsthis
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:26 AM
Yes, I can't see anyone else besides Mauresmo in the top 10 that is a natural clay courter as Justine. Justine and Mauresmo should always be in the final of Roland Gaross;)

saki
Sep 9th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Bump! Especially for the people who said she wouldn't win another slam. ;)

Juju_fan
Sep 9th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I think she'll win Roland Garros many times and maybe a AO or Wimbledon title. But I think the US Open will be her "unreachable" Slam. I hope she can prove me wrong this year, but she's not comfortable on American hardcourt.
Once again, our Juju proved us wrong!!! :woohoo:

Lady
Sep 10th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Keep doing it Justine!!! :D 2 slams already this year!!!

fleemke³
Sep 11th, 2003, 02:32 PM
I must admit that I also thought that the USopen the hardest ons was to win :D :worship:

saki
Aug 1st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Bump. ;) I'm amused that Bram thought my prediction of 5 was very high.

loppy
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:50 PM
I'll still vote for >2 even now, when she has already got 5. :worship:

I'm sure she'll have more than 7 before she hangs up her tennis racket.

purplerain
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:22 PM
Bump. ;) I'm amused that Bram thought my prediction of 5 was very high.
:yeah:
justine must win a wimby, she will win more RG and she can win AO ;)

felipe2004
Aug 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
nice bump :p

saima
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM
I really want her to win wimby,atleast 1 time. :cool:

saki
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
I just thought we could all use a reminder of what we expected from Ju and what we got. I mean she's 24 and she's achieved what I thought was a realistic prediction for her entire career. :worship:

When I started supporting Justine (in 2001), I didn't expect her to have the career she's having, I thought she'd win a couple of RG titles. Then, I raised my expectations and thought she'd end her career with 5 GS titles. Now - well, anything she does now is a bonus for me. If she carries on winning one a year till she's 28, she'll be in very elite company.

loppy
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM
My exact sentiments as well, saki.

Loved her variety game but never thought she would do so well in those heydays of big babe tennis! :hatoff:

j-fan
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:49 PM
Win or loose, I always loved to see her stylish game. It is just so heart-breaking to see her loose as she always wanted so much to win and always gives a 100%.

She has already exceeded my expectation in the total number of GSs. However, I do hope that her can win Wimbledon and complete a career GS and become one of the super elites of the women's game. That is where she belongs and the only thing that held her back was her health.

Realistically, I think she can win 7+ GSs.

In the meantime, we should regard any additional GS as a bonus and just enjoy every one of her matches that we can watch, record, and download until she retires.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

tard~tard
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:18 PM
When I started supporting Justine (in 2001), I didn't expect her to have the career she's having ...
:D
When I started supporting Justine, back in 1999, there wasn't the slightest
indication she would ever become the champion she is today. Even the
Flemish media was writing her off after a while, not good enough to ever
win a slam, not good enough to become the world N°1, etc, etc ...
However, I felt immediately attracted to that petite Belgian. It was her mix
of passion and dedication on the one hand and her modesty and vulnerability
on the other hand that moved me.

She was so small and skinny and oh so mentaly fragile in the beginning.
But what a joy, how rewarding it has been to see her grow and work so
incredibly hard to fulfil her potential during all these years.
I feel very grateful for everything she gives us.

Now - well, anything she does now is a bonus for me. If she carries on winning one a year till she's 28, she'll be in very elite company.

Every match, every tournament, every year she plays is a bonus for me.
And I wish her many more big victories. She so deserves them.
And good health, lots of good health, she would've won so much more
if she hadn't been so unlucky in that department.

LegionArgentina
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
At least three, Two Roland Garros (may be more), for sure becouse she is the only in top 10 who plays really well on clay, also she can win Australia or US Open.
I hope she can win Wimbledon

caseyl45
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
I voted for >2. When I first became a fan of Justine's, (Wimbledon 2001) I felt that if she could win the first Grand Slam that she could be a 6-10 time Grand Slam champion, and I still feel that way. If Justine can manage her health, then there's no reason why she can't end in that range. A part of me thinks that her age could keep her from going too much beyond that, but then I look at this year, when, if the stars would have lined up a little more in her favor, she could be three-fourths of the way to THE Grand Slam, and I think that Justine could have a lot of Grand Slam champion-caliber tennis ahead of her. After all, all of the more accomplished Grand Slam champions are older than she is, as are most of the less-accomplished Grand Slam champions, and I don't see that much in the younger players that suggests that they are capable of taking over from the generation of players who are on top right now.
She's still got some work to do, but I wouldn't be stunned if Justine ends her career as the best player of her generation.

shap_half
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:39 AM
If Justine can beat Lindsay on the Australian Open surface she can surely win. I think she might win the Australian Open in 2004 - I've got a good feeling that she could win it next year but I think by 2004 she will have improved on all courts. I think she can win the Australian more than once and also Wimbledon. But Roland Garros she SHOULD win everytime she enters! She is after all already a champion

I'm the new oracle of delphi.

Juju #1
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:59 AM
At tht time I thought 6 GS wins would be great, now I'm going for 8, hoping for 10 :)

karin1492
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
The US Open is incredibly difficult for Justine (see the fact that the only time she's made it past the Round of Sixteen she's won), but I think this year could be her year to win it again. As for the other majors, I think she should win Roland Garros the next couple of years (Nadia Petrova is possibly the only person to beat her there, barring some major injury). I have a feeling that Justine will have something to prove at the Aussie Open next year, and I think that Justine will eventually win Wimbledon at least once. So maybe four to five more slams in her future.

lucashg
Aug 4th, 2006, 04:16 AM
The US Open is incredibly difficult for Justine (see the fact that the only time she's made it past the Round of Sixteen she's won), but I think this year could be her year to win it again. As for the other majors, I think she should win Roland Garros the next couple of years (Nadia Petrova is possibly the only person to beat her there, barring some major injury). I have a feeling that Justine will have something to prove at the Aussie Open next year, and I think that Justine will eventually win Wimbledon at least once. So maybe four to five more slams in her future.

I like this prediction. I think Justine could have many more slams in her, but a couple of more is almost certain - although we can never say "for sure" when it comes to predicting.

And especially about the USO, I think it could be her year again. I just hope she stays healthy and eager to play, the rest we all know she's got the game and will to conquer. :)

saki
Aug 4th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I'm trying not to be too optimistic about the U.S.Open but, honestly, this is a good chance for her to win it again. She's (mostly) healthy, the dominating players on hardcourt in previous years (Lindsay, Serena, Venus) aren't or aren't in good shape and she has a bit of a mental advantage against the other really good hardcourt player. I just hope she gets a really tough draw. No cupcake draws like Wimbly again!

Ourania
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I think it'd be ridiculous to say that Justine would never win a GS again, and i think she'll definitely win more than 2 :)

shap_half
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I don't really KNOW how many Justine will win, but I really WANT her to win more than 10. I think that if she can maintain her health, RG is hers for as long as she plays it.

eck
Aug 5th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I hope she wins more than 10, being the greatest player of the era. :)

jerry yan 08
Aug 7th, 2006, 08:06 AM
:) :) :) justine henin-hardenne will winner

closetjustinefan
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I also think Justine can win 10 grandslams, or more. Ha ha, actually, I think she has the potential to win more than 10, but whether she does or not is another matter.

I hope I don't sound greedy, I know it's just a number, but it would be great if Justine could really become a 'top' player, historically speaking that is.

pigmalion
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:46 PM
More than 2, for sure

1 time Wimbly

3 RG

US open 2006,.....07,... :)

1 or 2 AO

... :worship: