PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Girls!

Julian
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Who else here watches this hilarious show!? I've been watching this show most of the summer and can't believe I've missed this show in the past?? Although it's about 4 old ladies I find it quite funny even though I'm kind of embarassed about it..lol but whoever has watched this can't argue that it isn't funny. :)

King Satan
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:24 PM
steam should be here any minute! lol

[S@nti]
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:25 PM
lol I hate this show lol :p

Maxine
Jul 10th, 2003, 11:31 PM
This show is being re-run in the UK and I think it is hilarious too :) Much more laugh-out-loud funny than 'cooler' comedies like Friends or Scrubs. The bitchy one liners are great!! We should not be ashamed Julian!! :D I like the tall one best, she gets all the great lines.

controlfreak
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Funny, I was thinking about this show just the other day when there was a post about the film Golden Girl.

I used to watch this when I was 6 or 7 years old - I loved it then but can't imagine watching it now except for nostalgia value.

It was a good and original concept and the four actresses played their characters very well... but those 80's US sitcoms... you just have to cringe!

Pureracket
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Golden Girls is still one of the most hilarious shows ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter M
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Those old biddies rule.

AjdeNate!
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:36 AM
I *love* GG. I've seen every Ep probably like 30 times each. :lol:

Havok
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:47 AM
i miss this show :sad: it was like my favorite show when i was small. i remember laughing sooo hard at times. go grannies

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 11th, 2003, 01:07 AM
I love this show...I'm practically a golden girl myself :rolleyes:

Dahveed
Jul 11th, 2003, 01:26 AM
I used to watch it in English with subtitles and learnt the language with them :D This show was hilarious, i love the oldest one, what's her name again? Sofia i think. And the stupid one, Blanche! Her stories about her hometown used to crack me up so much..

Peter M
Jul 11th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Sofia is the old biddy.
Rose is the dumbass.
Blanche is the slut.
Dorothy is the man, baby.

:)

Julian
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Hhehe I like all the Golden Girls but I agree I like Dorothy the best. Her wit and sarcasim are just so funny! Of course Sophia's "oldness" Blanche's "sluttiness" and Roses good old "dumbness" made them funny as well. :)

Dawn Marie
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:41 AM
This is one of the best sitcoms ever written! HILARIOUS!!

I still watch it in reruns, and of course sing the theme song everytime.:)

I like Dorothy(BEA ARTHUR) the best. Her comic timing is superb and her wit is too good.:) Classic.

Rose, she is so hilarious. Her and Chrissy Snow are about neck and neck, but I gotta give the edge to Chrissy for stupidity. Rose is the one who talks about ST. OLAF. Funny!

Then Blanche, the nympho just funny.

The mother, Sophia is actually younger then her cast mates. She was funny, but I liked Dorothy and Sophia the best. When Sophia(BETTY WHITE) would state something stupid and Dorothy would come back with some snide remark I would crack up.

Bea Arthur and Betty White have been in showbiz since forever.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I would love to see a GG reunion.

Randy H
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:45 AM
I love this show :D

Dorothy is my fave character, she is so good :DBut I really love all of them, Blanche is probably a close second behind Dorothy :)

So many great episodes, and one of the few shows I can watch where it actually makes me laugh out loud :)

Richie77
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:48 AM
I grew up with the Golden Girls :) Haven't seen it in a while, but if I ever saw an episode...any episode, I'd plop right down and watch.

Rose was my favorite by far. "Back in Saint Olaf..." :D

Richie77
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Thank you for being a friend
Travel down the road and back again
Your heart is true
You're a pal and a confidant

And if you threw a party
And you invited everyone you knew
You would see, the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
Thank you for being a friend!

:D

Libertango
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Oh I love the GGs too!! :hearts:
Yea my fav is Dorothy too, not just her sarcasm, wit and timing but she has great facial expressions :p. All the characters/actresses are great :D

Martian Mel
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:27 PM
I love the golden girls :hearts:

roots
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:27 PM
This show was probably the funniest comedy to make it to US television. I swear, I still watch episodes I've seen 1/2 a douzen times and still laugh out loud. I must quote the Golden Girls every day, it's just too hilarious. The writing on that show was excellent. All 4 ladies had great lines.

Outta the top of my head:

Sophia speaking to Dorethy: "Jealousy is a very ugly thing Dorethy. And so are you with anything backless!"

I mean, how can you say that to your daughter. It's just too funny.

Episode when Sophia was about to get married and an obviously gay wedding planner was getting emotional at the sight of Sophia in her wedding dress.

Wedding planner: "This is more moving than Susan Hayward's climactic performance in I want to Live"

Blanche: "You're ready to fly right out of here?"

Wedding planner: "Well excuse me for living Anita Bryant"

Man, I love this show!!

Mojoy
Jul 11th, 2003, 05:55 PM
The golden girls is easily one of the greatest shows ever in my opinion.

Also, Betty White rocks my world... consistently and thoroughly

butch
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:35 PM
You took me on a trip down memory lane! I'm 21, but can remember 10 or so years ago I watched te Golden Girls every Satruday evening. It was hilarious, great clean comedy. Dorothy with her facial expressions were always a hit, Sophia and "Shady Pines" or something. Rose with her childhood stories. Blanche, well Balnche was Blanche. Great story. Hope they'll bring it back to SA TV again sometime.

apoet29
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I'm so thrilled to see a thread for this show! I absolutely love it and watch it every night on Lifetime. Dorothy is priceless!

irma
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:38 PM
it's not on tv here anymore, but I loved it

in most comedies there is a person who is less but here all 4 ladies were great characters. even loved stan :lol:

irma
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:40 PM
my fav episode was when dorothy and blanche took part in a show, and it turned out to be a lesbian show with sophia in the crowd

hilarious :haha:

roots
Jul 11th, 2003, 07:51 PM
OH MY GOD! Lesbian! That reminds me of the episode where a friend of Dorothy (can't remember the name of the caracter, I think it was Pat) came visiting after she lost her lover. Noone knew the friend was a lesbian, until she had the hots for Rose and put the moves on her. When Rose, Dorothy and Sophia started to talk about it in the kitchen, Blanche came along and couldn't understand what the problem was. Dorothy was trying to explain that "Pat" was a lesbian.

Blanche: "Well, wasn't Danny Thomas one" (Huge laughs from the audience!!)

Dorothy: "Not Lebeneses, Blanche, lesbian!"

After that, Blanche kept repeating the word lesbian over and over again, 'til she finally clued in. It was hilarious! Best part came after, when Blanche was mad that the friend had the hots for Rose and not for her.

cellophane
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Nah, the funniest show of them all was when Sophia, Dorothy and Rose were mistaken for hookers; and Sofia stole their tickets and deserted them in jail to run off and see Burt Reynolds! That was absolutely priceless!

"Who is the slut?"
"I am!"

The one where Sofia was playing practical jokes on Dorothy (I think it was about a gay Hungarian sculptor or something) was also too funny...

apoet29
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:26 PM
One of my fav episodes is when all three girls (Rose, Blanche and Dorothy) are sick and become really mean to each other. Then they go to a charity ball, hoping to win an award, and Sophia shows up with a decades younger man and wins the award!

cellophane
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Didn't Rose win the award? :confused:

Dahveed
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Click here (http://www.spiderwebservices.nl/thegoldengirlsquotes/) to read loads of GG quotes.

Gotta love this one from Rose!

My mother always used to say : 'the older you get, the better you get. Unless you're a banana.'

apoet29
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Didn't Rose win the award? :confused:

No, Sophia did.

Venere e Davide
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Both Venus and Serena LOVE the Golden Girls. They've both spoken
about the show on different interviews. Serena said they wouldn't
do anything when the show was on.

Julian
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:17 PM
A lot of great episodes! One was when Sophia had to go the hospital and Rose found her long lost dad. Well Sophia supposedly got "lost" but was merely stuck in an elevator unnoticed by Dorothy and Blanche (who were looking for her) they also didnt see her when they went in the elevator themselves! lol Here's one quote:

Blanche: Did you find Sophia?
Dorothy: Yes Blanche...about a half hour ago..but now I've hidden her again so you could find her.

Barrie_Dude
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Who else here watches this hilarious show!? I've been watching this show most of the summer and can't believe I've missed this show in the past?? Although it's about 4 old ladies I find it quite funny even though I'm kind of embarassed about it..lol but whoever has watched this can't argue that it isn't funny. :)

I Love "Ma"!

TennisHack
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Are you kidding me? I'm watching it now! :D I've watched it ever since it was originally on in the 80s :o

My favorite line is one of Sophia's: "Sticks and stones may break your bones, but cement pays homage to tradition" :cool:

Richie77
Jul 12th, 2003, 01:55 AM
One of my favorites was the dance marathon episode, where all Rose, Dorothy and Blanche had dates. They all got too competitive with each other.

Rose and Dorothy's dates had to quit, so they started dancing with each other just to beat Blanche! :D

Also, here's my favorite lines:

Dorothy: What are you watching, Rose?
Rose: This show called "La Law."
Dorothy: Rose, it's "L.A. Law!"
Rose: I was wondering why Susan Dey didn't have a French accent! :D

Maxine
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:32 AM
The dance marathon one was great. Loved it when Rose shocked the others dancing alone on the floor and doing the splits! Am I remembering that right?! Also there was a really funny one where for some reason they all ended up in the one bed because they were all scared of something :D Am I remembering that right too?? :p

Richie77
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:38 AM
Maxine, I remember that one! That had another great Rose line!

Dorothy and Blanche have already climbed into Sophia's bed. Rose knocks on the door.

Sophia: I'm not in right now. Leave a message at the beep.
(Pause)
Sophia: Beep.
Rose (in a telephone voice): Hi, this is Rose. And I...
Sophia: Get in here!!!

Maxine
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:44 AM
Thanks Richie :) I am glad someone else remembered that one too. I just think the one-liners are great especially Dorothy's :D
Or Sophia - Picture It. Sicily. 1939......... :)

Oizo
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:44 AM
This is one of the best sitcoms ever written! HILARIOUS!!

I still watch it in reruns, and of course sing the theme song everytime.:)

I like Dorothy(BEA ARTHUR) the best. Her comic timing is superb and her wit is too good.:) Classic.

Rose, she is so hilarious. Her and Chrissy Snow are about neck and neck, but I gotta give the edge to Chrissy for stupidity. Rose is the one who talks about ST. OLAF. Funny!

Then Blanche, the nympho just funny.

The mother, Sophia is actually younger then her cast mates. She was funny, but I liked Dorothy and Sophia the best. When Sophia(BETTY WHITE) would state something stupid and Dorothy would come back with some snide remark I would crack up.

Bea Arthur and Betty White have been in showbiz since forever.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I would love to see a GG reunion.
Same for me. I just watched an episode three hours ago, They re-run it on tv here. :lol: Rose is awesome funny

JasonW
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Dawn...Sophia isn't Betty White...it's Estelle Getty,Betty White is Rose. and Sophia is actually the second youngest not the youngest. Rue McClanahan (Blanche)is the youngest. But anyways, the show is a classic, and is one of the best ever.

Richie77
Jul 12th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks Richie :) I am glad someone else remembered that one too. I just think the one-liners are great especially Dorothy's :D
Or Sophia - Picture It. Sicily. 1939......... :)
LOL...

"A young peasant girl with olive skin..." :D

cellophane
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:43 AM
I've just read that Estelle Getty is very sick... :sad: :sad: :sad:

TennisHack
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Estelle has a disease that's similar to Parkinson's. Did anyone in the US see that special they had on Lifetime, the GGs reunited and sharing their favorite moments? :D

cellophane
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:47 AM
I wish I had, but we don't have Lifetime in Canada. On a positive note, I've also read that the girls are "coming" to DVD...

TennisHack
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:50 AM
It was a cute little special :)

They are going to have a DVD deal?! Great!

Here's (http://www.estellegetty.com/getty/index2.html) Estelle's official website. Her disease has forced her to retire from show business :sad: (they mentioned that on the special)

She was also featured on Intimate Portrait. Lifetime did a whole day of fan-favorite episodes, with the intimate portrait (Lifetime's bio show) of the favorite Girl followed by the special. Apparently she powdered her hair and wore little old lady clothes on her audition, and she made the look of the character! :)

TennisHack
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Lifetime's website for their most popular show (http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/golden/) :)

Richie77
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I wish I had, but we don't have Lifetime in Canada. On a positive note, I've also read that the girls are "coming" to DVD...
That's good news! Do you know when?

ttaM
Jul 12th, 2003, 03:57 AM
TennisHack: I think I remember seeing that. I remember hearing Betty White say in Miami they use to stop the music in the gay dance club because everyone wanted to watch TGG on a big screen in the club. LOL. I still watch this show, too :o :)

cellophane
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:00 AM
It's possible that "The Golden Girls" are coming to DVD; I mean I got this info from a Golden Girls website (http://www.the-goldengirls.com/DVD/dvd.html). It's not a sure thing though. I think we can vote for the series on amazon.com. I don't think this ios actually going to increase the chances, but it's worth a try anyway.

Yeah, very sad stuff with Estelle. Apprently, she doesn't even recognize any of the other girls. I suddenly remembered an episode where Sophia befriends a man with Alzheimer's. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Have they ever shown "Golden Palace" on Lifetime? Was it funny?

Richie77
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:08 AM
I watched "Golden Palace" when it was first on. It was funny, but it wasn't really the same.
I don't think it's ever been shown on Lifetime.

Randy H
Jul 12th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Golden Palace had its funny moments, but it just wasn't the same as the original.

I think that Dorothy was really the main character of the show, and she held everything into place. She had the friendship with Blanche and Rose, but she also had the tie in relationship as daughter of Sophia. They still made reference to her on The Golden Palace, and I think she even showed up as a guest on a few episodes, but wasn't the same without her presence and the chemistry the 4 of them had together.

I also think the premise of the show wasn't as good. It was now based around running the hotel, and I just don't think there were as options for storylines with the hotel, it was always about the hotel being in financial trouble etc., whereas when they were all at the home, the home itself was rarely part of the plot involvement, it was a better chance to see the individual lives of each of them.

Very sad to hear about Estelle :sad:

TennisHack
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Have they ever shown "Golden Palace" on Lifetime? Was it funny?

I very vaguely remember seeing Golden Palace; it only ran for one season before being canceled. It isn't shown on Lifetime, no. There was a spinoff of Golden Girls, though, called Empty Nest. It was about Dr. Harry Weston and his kids. The girls sometimes made cameos on the show :)

Very much agree with Randy H about Dorothy being the glue of the show.

Julian
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Estelle...:sad:

I hope she gets better. BTW who saw the cameo of Betty White in Bringing Down the House?? :)

Oizo
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Estelle...:sad:

I hope she gets better. BTW who saw the cameo of Betty White in Bringing Down the House?? :)
Poor Estelle :sad:

R&J
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:50 AM
Absolutely love this sitcom. I have seen every episode atleast 5 or 6 times. And yes, I am gay. We have every episode recorded off the reruns from the Lifetime channel.

R&J
Jul 13th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Now thats what I'm talking about! Yes, I would rather have our collection of episodes of DVD'S instead.

Maxine
Jul 13th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Absolutely love this sitcom. I have seen every episode atleast 5 or 6 times. And yes, I am gay. We have every episode recorded off the reruns from the Lifetime channel.
Reading this thread I take it the Girls have a large gay following? Just the way you said "And yes, I am gay" :p

TennisHack
Jul 13th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Maybe it's the only way guys feel they can justify watching a show about four old ladies? ;)

The GGs also have a huge college following.

Julian
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Hey I watch it and I'm not gay! lol

Actually Im surprised how many times they show it on t.v. over here..I guess that's how I got used to them lol aren't they shown like 5 times a day on weekdays!?

JasonW
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Julian, I'm not gay and I watch it. It must be us people from j-ville.

Pureracket
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:54 AM
who's from j'ville?

JasonW
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM
me and julian (Jacksonville)

Dokicfan17
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:51 AM
my fave show..."back in st.olef"

Julian
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Heheh could be Jason! :D

Here's another Dorothy line:

Stan: I heard Sohpia was released from the hospital, is she here?
Dorothy: No Stan I haven't taken her out of the trunk of the car yet.

HAHAHAHA!! :D

Oizo
Jul 15th, 2003, 03:51 PM
My fav. episode is the one where Blanche finds out her husband had an affair an his son comes to visit the father in Miami...
:lol:

butch
Jul 16th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Yea, thaanks Richie. Just bend double laughing again as I remembered that episode!! I remember the all-in-S's-bed one as well. Great fun, great laughs.

irma
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:16 PM
there was also an episode where rose thought that blanche had slept with charlie when he was on a business trip but in the end it came out that rose had messed up the pics :lol:

JasonW
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:25 PM
The Golden Girls is one of the best comedies of our time. From the first to the last episode, the girls were full of laughs. Some shows were good for their time, but the GG has stood the test of time, and is a classic through and through. Long Live the Golden Girls.

irma
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:36 PM
I saw golden palace only once and didn't really like it. without dorothy it was not really funny anymore.
a little bit the same when mike left all in the family

I also think the sophia character was played out too much. the only time it was funny was that one second in blossom.

irma
Jul 16th, 2003, 09:37 PM
I am mean with played out too much that she appeared in to many series

TennisHack
Jul 19th, 2003, 04:41 AM
One of my favorite episodes is when Blanche finds out she has a Yankee Jew in her family tree.

Dorothy: "Your great grandmother was born, well . . . outside of Georgia."

Blanche: "How far outside?"

Dorothy: "Buffalo."

and then, after Blanche grabs the birth certificate:

Dorothy: "And did I mention her last name was Feldman?"

Blanche: "It can't be! I can't be Jewish!"

(Sophia has lost her glasses, and is wearing an old pair of prescription sunglasses.)

Sophia: "I'll be damned! The black guy's prejudiced!"

For some reason, that scene reminds me quite much of this board at times :D

R&J
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:37 PM
The Golden Girls is one of the best comedies of our time. From the first to the last episode, the girls were full of laughs. Some shows were good for their time, but the GG has stood the test of time, and is a classic through and through. Long Live the Golden Girls.
I agree - and sorry if you all took offense to me saying "I love the Golden Girls, and Yes I am gay."

I said that cause here in Texas, if you say you like a chick flik (a movie thats considered a movie that females would enjoy), alot of people would say, "are you gay?!!!!" and of course I say, "well yes I am."

So when I tell people here that I love the Golden Girls, its always followed by, "are you gay?"

So thats why I said that!!!

But of course you dont have to be gay to enjoy the show! jeeezzz.:rolleyes:

R&J
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:39 PM
One of my favorite episodes is when Blanche finds out she has a Yankee Jew in her family tree.

Dorothy: "Your great grandmother was born, well . . . outside of Georgia."

Blanche: "How far outside?"

Dorothy: "Buffalo."

and then, after Blanche grabs the birth certificate:

Dorothy: "And did I mention her last name was Feldman?"

Blanche: "It can't be! I can't be Jewish!"

(Sophia has lost her glasses, and is wearing an old pair of prescription sunglasses.)

Sophia: "I'll be damned! The black guy's prejudiced!"

For some reason, that scene reminds me quite much of this board at times :D
I just watched this episode the other day on lifetime!!!

R&J
Jul 19th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Or how about the moon light party episode. Where Dorothy and Miles kissed. And Dorothy was trying to tell Rose that she and Miles had kissed, but instead of just telling her - she tried to explain by using an example with cupcakes. And Rose was laughing cause she thought Dorothy was really talking about cupcakes, and Dorothy was upset cause she thought Rose just called her boobs "dry and tasteless."
And then Dorothy realized that Rose was actually talking about cupcakes. Then Rose caught on and said,"have you and Miles been baking together?"

Richie77
Jul 19th, 2003, 10:21 PM
One of the best episoded was when Sophia's brother Angelo comes to visit. He thought Dorothy and Stan were still married, and didn't know about Dorothy's roomates.

Meanwhile, Blanche and Rose got parts in a production of "The Sound of Music," playing nuns. During all this time, a hurricane broke out. Rose and Blanche came back to the house in costume, and were packing a whole bunch of clothes. Angelo saw them.
Here's the best exchange:

Dorothy: These are, um, uh...
Rose: I'm Sister Rose!
Blanche: And I'm Sister Blanche!
(Angelo notices the suitcase full of lingerie)
Blanche: We're collecting lingerie, for, uh...needy sexy people!

Julian
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Or how about the moon light party episode. Where Dorothy and Miles kissed. And Dorothy was trying to tell Rose that she and Miles had kissed, but instead of just telling her - she tried to explain by using an example with cupcakes. And Rose was laughing cause she thought Dorothy was really talking about cupcakes, and Dorothy was upset cause she thought Rose just called her boobs "dry and tasteless."
And then Dorothy realized that Rose was actually talking about cupcakes. Then Rose caught on and said,"have you and Miles been baking together?"

HAHA That whole scene was hilarious!! Rose also broke her mug in her hand and after that tried to look as if she did it on purpose! More funny scenes:

-When Dorothy and Blanche first meet Rose's bf who happens to be a midget..it was so funny that they kept succumbing to hit jokes on him even when they didnt mean it!

-When a little girl holds Rose's teddy bear for ransom..in the end Rose takes the bear from the girl and pushes her out of the house!! :worship:

-When Dorothy and Rose fix the bathroom..here's some quotes:

(They just get a toilet from the plumber and dorothy and rose think they can install it themselves and sends the plumber away)

Sophia: was that the plumber?
Dorothy: No ma it was a little girl selling girl scout toilets

Dorothy: Rose I dont think we'll be able to move this toilet
Rose: Dorothy if the egyptians built the pyramids then we can move this toilet
Dorothy: Fine give me 20,000 hebrews...

Julian
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:25 AM
The girls try to give a surprise birthday party for Blanche but they don't know her age, but then:

(sorry I dont know if these are the exact quotes)

Rose: I tried to get every information about Blanche, so I got a copy of her birth certificate....
Dorothy: ROSE! That's a violation of Blanche's privacy! We cant be lookin at that!
Rose: I guess you're right..but if we dont need to know Blanche's true age then...
Dorothy: Open the damn envelope!
Rose:Wow we're gonna know the true age of Blanche
Rose: (reads date of birth on certificate) ..deleted by authority of the governor..

hahaha!!

Richie77
Jul 20th, 2003, 04:37 AM
HAHA That whole scene was hilarious!! Rose also broke her mug in her hand and after that tried to look as if she did it on purpose! More funny scenes:

-When Dorothy and Blanche first meet Rose's bf who happens to be a midget..it was so funny that they kept succumbing to hit jokes on him even when they didnt mean it!

I remember that one! Rose and Blanche are talking in the kitchen. Blanche is holding a plate of shrimp. She walks out in to the living room, and that offers it to everyone by saying "Shrimp?"

And then she immediately turns and walks back into the kitchen :lol:

Rtael
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Maxine, I remember that one! That had another great Rose line!

Dorothy and Blanche have already climbed into Sophia's bed. Rose knocks on the door.

Sophia: I'm not in right now. Leave a message at the beep.
(Pause)
Sophia: Beep.
Rose (in a telephone voice): Hi, this is Rose. And I...
Sophia: Get in here!!!

No no! That scene was from the episode where Blanche reads roses diary and gets all pissed off and show's it to Dorothy and they both get pissed off, then later find out it was an old diary from when she was keeping two pigs for a girl scout badge, and they had all gone into sofia's room to discuss how they were all mad at each other....

Libertango
Jul 20th, 2003, 10:56 AM
I've got most of them on video that I recorded off Living in the UK. One of my fav episodes is the one where Rose's uncle leaves her a baby, yet it turns out to be a pig, called Baby :lol:

Sophia: (who has lost her glasses) Ah, that's the cutest baby I've ever seen!
Dorothy: Ma it's a pig!
Sophia: Hey you were no looker when we brought you back from the hospital...We loved you anyway!

Rose: This pig's a rebel....in a lot of ways he reminds me of Jimmy Dean
Dorothy: Who Rose, the actor or the sausage?!

The pig falls ill, so they get a veterinian over...

Vet: It's not a physical problem, more a mental one. This pig needs to be back on the farm
Dorothy: Four grown women decide to live with a pig and he's the one with the mental problem.....

:lol: hehe

Such a classic show, and for the record, I'm gay too...;)

Julian
Jul 20th, 2003, 03:22 PM
More quotes keep coming back to me!!

-When the girls are about to go on a cruise..they decide to buy some "protection"...omg it was so funny..

Cashier: (on the microphone) I need a price check on some condoms!
(everyone starts staring)
Other guy: (on the microphone) are they lambskins or the ultrasensitive?
Cashier: 2 of them have the lambskins..and the blonde has the ultrasensitive..in black!!

hahaha wow I would have been SO embarassed especially if I were their age buying condoms..but I must say Blanche handled it beautifully.

-When the girls accidently go to a nudist hotel! They decide to go all out when they go to dinner..and by their surprise they were the only ones walking bare naked in the diner..everyone starts looking and the guy says: "sorry ladies but we always dress for dinner"!! Wow is there anything these ladies didn't do!?? :)

cellophane
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:40 PM
The toilet episode was a riot! I laughed my ass off. Pity, I don't have cable now. I got tired of watching the show in re-runs about a couple of years ago, but now I think I'm ready for another run.

BTW, it's just too weird. I mean being gay and happening to watch all the supposedly "gay shows" and liking the "gay sports". :lol:

BigB08822
Jul 20th, 2003, 05:54 PM
My favorite line from the Goldern Girls occured in an episode where Rose was rushed to the hospital and had to go in for surgery. While in the elevator Rose is laying in the bed and her daughter is standing next to her and telling Rose how much she loves her and how she will make it through.

Then Rose (who is already fucked up on meds) motions with her finger for her daughter to lean in so she can tell her a secret. As her daughter leans in Rose yells "LIVE FROM NEW YORK...ITS SATURDAY NIGHT!"

OMG, that part cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oizo
Jul 21st, 2003, 01:41 AM
One hilarious scene is when they remember Valentine's day memories:

The one when they remember how it was buying things in a supermarket before they go on a ship-journey with their boyfriends. And Dorothy gives them a hint, that it would be great if they buy condoms...but Rose (as always) doesnīt get it and asks about 3 times different products that they might need and then Dorothy freaks out and YELLS in the supermarket (I watch it in German so I canīt quote :o )"Condoms Rose! CONDOMS! CONDOMS! CONDOMS!" And the guy at the counter tells Dorothy:" Take it easy lady! Are you coming from JAIL?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

TennisHack
Jul 23rd, 2003, 05:51 PM
One of the best episodes was on last night -- the girls in a production of Henny Penny :D Sophia as the elf narrator was just too much :lol:

Poe
Jul 23rd, 2003, 06:09 PM
this is one of my favourite tv shows of all time.. i dont watch hardly any tv but this was one show i loved... I have 3 vhs tapes full of episodes to watch when i need to take my mind off something

one of my favourites was a christmas episode when they all decided to take back the expensive gifts they bought and make things for each other instead..

dorothy opened her gift from rose and said something like 'oh wow rose it's beautiful' and rose gets all excited and says "do you like it???"

and dorothy says "do i like it?" and she looks at it trying to figure out what it is and says "who wouldn't like a.... wooden brooch in the shape of a turkey's head..?"

and rose says "oh no! it's a maple syrup spicket!"

blanche tells dorothy that rose took back the set of pearl earrings she wanted and dorothy says "oh who cares.. this will come in a lot more handy than those pearl earrings... the next time i'm lost in the woods with a stack of pancakes"

LOLOL

R&J
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
"When a little girl holds Rose's teddy bear for ransom..in the end Rose takes the bear from the girl and pushes her out of the house!!"

I love that episode!!

R&J
Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:35 PM
One of the best episodes was on last night -- the girls in a production of Henny Penny :D Sophia as the elf narrator was just too much :lol:
Yes, I just watched that one last night also!!! I LOVE THE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!!!!!

BigB08822
Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:01 PM
I saw the Henny Penny episode last night, full of laughs!

Oizo
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:00 PM
I like the one where they get painted by Laslo, a hungarian painter and Sophia keeps making jokes on Dorothy... :lol:

AmErIcAn
Jul 23rd, 2003, 11:49 PM
bump!

love this show. Rose is my favorite shes soo dumb its hilarious.
This show always cheers me up when i have pp's. :D

JasonW
Jul 24th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Lol, As i have said before, the show is a classic. BIGBo, Ur right the Henny Penny episode was great last night.

Richie77
Jul 24th, 2003, 05:45 AM
LOL at the Henny Penny episode. Rose at the end of the play was too much.

"I just want you all to know that there are monsters under your bed..." :lol:

ToeTag
Jul 25th, 2003, 04:03 AM
:) My fav character was Sophia and her wise cracks...this isn't her but they might have based it on her....http://www.visit4info.com/watchad.cfm?id=8164&type=coolad&startrow=11

BigB08822
Jul 25th, 2003, 05:15 AM
They also aired the episode today where the little girl holds Rose's teddy bear hostage! :)

TennisHack
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Another great episode was the murder mystery weekend. Dorothy being all dramatic as she solved the mysteries :D plus Sophia had some great lines:

Not part of the show, people, not part of the show!

Nobody in my family ever, ever left a body to be found!

Richie77
Jul 26th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Oh yeah...that was good! They thought Blanche did it! Here's when the police were questioning her:

BLANCHE: My, my, officer, I do believe your words could charm the honey off a bee!
DOROTHY: Not now, Blanche!
BLANCHE: If not now, when?

TennisHack
Jul 26th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Actually, I think the line is, "My my officer, I do believe your words could charm the morning dew right off the honeysuckle!"

doloresc
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:22 PM
cam'ron giles, for you. :wavey: i knew i had seen a "golden girls" thread in the past.

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:33 PM
cam'ron giles, for you. :wavey: i knew i had seen a "golden girls" thread in the past.

:kiss: :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Oct 15th, 2003, 04:34 PM
:haha: :haha:

The one where the girls are going on a weekend trip with their dates and went to the store to buy condoms...:haha:

Dorothy: Condoms Rose, condoms condoms condoms
Cashier: Calm down lady...what, you just got out of prison...:haha:

Dorothy and Blanch got the lambskin and Rose got the ultra sensitives in BLACK...:eek:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

butch
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:24 PM
bump (just for old time's sake) :-)

OUT!
Aug 17th, 2004, 10:30 PM
OMG I cannot believe that I missed this thread. I LOVE The Golden Girls - one of my all time fave shows. So many classic scenes. One of my fave lines:

Dorothy: You know age is a funny thing.

Rose: Why is that?

Dorothy: Well just the other day I finished work feeling exhausted. I got into my car, looked in the mirror, and I couldn't recognise the woman staring back at me.

Rose: Who was it?

Dorothy: Mother Theresa Rose!

Rose: What is she on tour in Miami? Boy, with all those kids to look after where does she get the time? You know in St. Olaf...

*Dorothy slaps Rose with newspaper*

VeNuS#1LoVa
Aug 18th, 2004, 03:48 AM
This is my favorite show and it is absolutely amazing. Amen.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Aug 18th, 2004, 03:50 AM
It's on in 10 minutes... :hearts:

K-Dog
Aug 18th, 2004, 06:57 PM
I absolutley love this show. I'm only 16 and I watch this show everyday.

Some of my favorite parts and scenes:

Sophia is trying to drive again, and she is too short to see over the steering wheel, so she uses a phone book.

Dorothy: "Ma, have you been driving again, the phone book's still warm!!"

I also love the show where Blanche is going through menopause or "the change." Blanche acts so dramatic about it because she thinks her life is over! Also when Dorothy and Sophia were talking to Blanche about the after effects of "the change" and Sophia tells Blanche that she'll grow a beard because of menopause.

I also love when Dorothy is trying out for Jeporardy. She falls asleep and dreams that she is playing against Rose and Charlie(from Empty Nesty and sometimes he makes Rose seem smart). Dororthy is winning with the final question and they ask"who was buried in Grant's tomb?" The answer is Ulysses S. Grant, but in the dream the show says that Cary Grant is buried in Grant's tomb. Rose says that, and Dorothy says the correct answer. Dorothy bets everything and loses. She calls Rose an idiot and the annoucer says "At least she(Rose) didn't get knocked up in high school." Also at the actual try outs for Jepoardy, Dorothy woops two very smart people in the try-outs and is made nasty comments or praising herself everytime she gets one right. After the try-out, Dororthy isn't given a flyer to come back again for the next round. She asks the guy why she wasn't given one and he tells her that America wouldn't root for her. Dororthy tells Sophia who consoles her at first and then tells Dorothy that nobody wanted Dororthy at their birthday parties and no one wants to root for her now. Dororthy is suprized by Sophia'a change of heart and Sophia tells her that this is the part where I feel good!

Rose's stupidity made the show for me. Sophia also made the show for me in the beginning when she was ran away from "Shady Pines." The fact that her stroke took away her ability to reason on what is right or wrong to say made her say some of the funniest things! I still tell my parents that I'll send them to Shady Pines if they do something I think is unfair.

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 18th, 2004, 07:04 PM
The best episode is when they went on the show produced by Rose thinking it's about roomates and it turns out to be about Lesbians...:haha:

Joan Rivers
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Before I got the job with E! I was approached to do a sort of remake of this show. Bascially the same format with 4 older ladies living together - me, Helen Lawson, Elizabeth Taylor and Neely O'Hara. Sal Struthers was going to be the neighbour. Of course, Hel, Neely and Liz all being Oscar winners they saw TV as a come down which meant I ended up filming a pilot with Zsa Zsa Gabor, Phyllis Diller and Doris Roberts (this was before she got lucky with the role in Raymond). It was a freaking disaster. We all had a catfight deciding who would be the 'Sophia' role - the mother of one of the others. Diller ended up doing it, only after having to be tranquilized and strapped down. Zsa Zsa took the slutty 'Blanche' role, Doris was 'Betty' and I was wisecracking 'Dorothy'.

So we film the pilot, with the story involving us all thinking we were going to be proposed to by a guy played by Elliott Gould. To say it went wrong was an understatement - no one in the crowd understood a word Zsa Zsa said. They all cracked up when they thought Zsa Zsa said 'Yes, but I look great in leather!'. The script actually was 'Yes, she died among the heather', so Zsa Zsa's big emotional scene was ruined. Diller had a stroke and no one realised - she is mumbling for an ambulance when we thought she was just doing a little character trait like a little twitch. Doris Roberts was scenery chewing beyond belief and I was given lines that would be daring only in a freaking episode of Touched By An Angel!

Hel, what do you say, you Neely, Kitty and Sally and I pitch it again to NBC?

Helen Lawson
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Before I got the job with E! I was approached to do a sort of remake of this show. Bascially the same format with 4 older ladies living together - me, Helen Lawson, Elizabeth Taylor and Neely O'Hara. Sal Struthers was going to be the neighbour. Of course, Hel, Neely and Liz all being Oscar winners they saw TV as a come down which meant I ended up filming a pilot with Zsa Zsa Gabor, Phyllis Diller and Doris Roberts (this was before she got lucky with the role in Raymond). It was a freaking disaster. We all had a catfight deciding who would be the 'Sophia' role - the mother of one of the others. Diller ended up doing it, only after having to be tranquilized and strapped down. Zsa Zsa took the slutty 'Blanche' role, Doris was 'Betty' and I was wisecracking 'Dorothy'.

So we film the pilot, with the story involving us all thinking we were going to be proposed to by a guy played by Elliott Gould. To say it went wrong was an understatement - no one in the crowd understood a word Zsa Zsa said. They all cracked up when they thought Zsa Zsa said 'Yes, but I look great in leather!'. The script actually was 'Yes, she died among the heather', so Zsa Zsa's big emotional scene was ruined. Diller had a stroke and no one realised - she is mumbling for an ambulance when we thought she was just doing a little character trait like a little twitch. Doris Roberts was scenery chewing beyond belief and I was given lines that would be daring only in a freaking episode of Touched By An Angel!

Well, I won't do any crap TV show unless I get at least $1 million an episode and fresh coffee in my trailer. No Folger's crystals. I'm more talented than those "Friends" dopes after all. I have to have a wardrobe based on MGM Adrian designs, and I have to have more lines than anyone else. OR, we could do a movie or Broadway version. I see myself as sexy Blanche, only I have red hair and I break into song. What the hell, sure, I'm in, as long as I get top billing of course.

Joan Rivers
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Well, I won't do any crap TV show unless I get at least $1 million an episode and fresh coffee in my trailer. No Folger's crystals. I'm more talented than those "Friends" dopes after all. I have to have a wardrobe based on MGM Adrian designs, and I have to have more lines than anyone else. OR, we could do a movie or Broadway version. I see myself as sexy Blanche, only I have red hair and I break into song. What the hell, sure, I'm in, as long as I get top billing of course.

Hel we can discuss terms and try and can up with something. I would love to get back on Broadway. I am the USA's foremost female comedienne but people forget my acting career. Although I do regret that stint playing Meredith Dunston on Another World in the 1990s - someone really should have made me see sense. My performances is 'Goosed' and 'Hip!Edgy!Quirky!' were overlooked by the Academy, but I have been recognised by the Tonys.

But Hel, you can be the Blanche role, maybe the character is a cabaret singer - you can do two 5 minute numbers per 22 minute show. I want a minute worth of stand up before the titles like Jerry Seinfeld in the Seinfeld episodes. The rest can be us sitting round bitching at each other - let's face it, it wouldn't be anything different from the last 50 years!

Helen Lawson
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:44 PM
We have to talk Neely into it. I know Sally is desperate and will take any role. Kitty needs a comeback after the Max murder scandal, so we could play Sally and Kitty off against each other. I bet Sally or Kitty would take the Sofia role, I could be Blanche, you are Dorothy, and I guess Neely can be Rose. It's just a bitter Rose with a drug problem, we can work out the kinks. Imagine the chemistry with us! Neely's fat son who is about to be a dad can do some guest shots. And yes, Melissa can too, but I'd limit it to one a season.

Joan Rivers
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:54 PM
We have to talk Neely into it. I know Sally is desperate and will take any role. Kitty needs a comeback after the Max murder scandal, so we could play Sally and Kitty off against each other. I bet Sally or Kitty would take the Sofia role, I could be Blanche, you are Dorothy, and I guess Neely can be Rose. It's just a bitter Rose with a drug problem, we can work out the kinks. Imagine the chemistry with us! Neely's fat son who is about to be a dad can do some guest shots. And yes, Melissa can too, but I'd limit it to one a season.

Well Hel, we can try and talk Neely into it but what else has she got lined up? Another 'Don't take my kids away from me!' TV movie?! Whether Sally or Kitty takes the Sophia role we could find a role for the other one. Maybe a neighbour, or an obsessive fan of your charcter - we could get some mileage out of an old stalker acting like a lovesick teen. Maybe after a few episodes the old stalker could get nasty etc. etc. we can work on the plots, although let's face it, we don't need plots. This sitcom would be just about star power - I mean, who cares about the actual storylines?!

Hel, listen I love Melissa but I ain't having her risk ruining a possible success for me at this stage in my career. Not even one cameo, not even during the sweeps! Neely can get Sean in for the sweeps, playing her long lost son who's dying or something. As weird as it is, he was part of the biggest trilogy in cinema history and we could use that clout. Neely's son. The biggest trilogy in cinema history. It still doesn't make sense to me!

Helen Lawson
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Well Hel, we can try and talk Neely into it but what else has she got lined up? Another 'Don't take my kids away from me!' TV movie?! Whether Sally or Kitty takes the Sophia role we could find a role for the other one. Maybe a neighbour, or an obsessive fan of your charcter - we could get some mileage out of an old stalker acting like a lovesick teen. Maybe after a few episodes the old stalker could get nasty etc. etc. we can work on the plots, although let's face it, we don't need plots. This sitcom would be just about star power - I mean, who cares about the actual storylines?!

Hel, listen I love Melissa but I ain't having her risk ruining a possible success for me at this stage in my career. Not even one cameo, not even during the sweeps! Neely can get Sean in for the sweeps, playing her long lost son who's dying or something. As weird as it is, he was part of the biggest trilogy in cinema history and we could use that clout. Neely's son. The biggest trilogy in cinema history. It still doesn't make sense to me!
The one who turned out wasn't even Gomez' real son either! Who the hell ever heard of Mike Tell? Neely's got talent, though, that's why I kicked her out of my show all those years back.

Maybe we could recast the Empty Nest people in frequent guest appearances. Kitty could be Sofia, and Sally could be the Dinah Manoff role. Davide could be Dr. Whoever.

Joan Rivers
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM
The one who turned out wasn't even Gomez' real son either! Who the hell ever heard of Mike Tell? Neely's got talent, though, that's why I kicked her out of my show all those years back.

Maybe we could recast the Empty Nest people in frequent guest appearances. Kitty could be Sofia, and Sally could be the Dinah Manoff role. Davide could be Dr. Whoever.
And of course wasn't Bea Arthur in All In The Family playing Maude, the aunt of Sally's character? Maybe I could be Maude's sister, meaning Sally can re-create the Gloria role? Sal, if you did, I am thinking Emmy!

Where are the original GG cast these days anyway? I haven't seen Betty White in a while. I hope she ain't dead. It's possible. Remember it was 4 years before we knew Ros Russell has kicked it.

Rue McLanahan was in that bad Beyonce/Cuba Gooding movie last year. She needs a re-touch and badly. Looking at least 80 these days.

Bea is touring a comedy show. A Jewish woman in her early 70s doing comedy? She ripped off my act!

Estelle Getty is still in hiding after Stop! Or My Mom will Shoot! 12 years later and she still gets abused in the streets for that.

Sally Struthers
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:24 PM

I was gonna play the neighbor on the other side of the girls' house (whichever side the folks on Empty Nest didn't live in) and I was gonna get my own spin off like them.

Helen Lawson
Aug 18th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Rue McClanahan needs severe work. She's not in Bridgette Bardot territory, but it's close, and let's face it, she's no Bridget Bardot in the looks department. Plus, I think Rue's had a lot of work done. She must be taking the blue ones.

Joan Rivers
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:42 PM
I am bumping this thread as I was reading another site and there is bit of gossip that had me plotzing! Rumor has it Bea Arthur hated Betty White and one day Bea did a shit on Betty White's dressing room floor. It appeared in magazines! Hel, can you fucking believe that? Read this -

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=e971b16c3689702e&seekm=19990823134038.08477.00002637%40ng-fw1.aol.com#link1

Keith
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:49 PM
they had a reunion show last winter! It was funny. Estelle Getty has retired, so she was not in it. Rue McClanahan had some fierce battles with cancer and Bea Arthur had some extensive plastic surgery. The three of them looked quite different! It was nice to see them all together!

PS- Golden Girls comes out on DVD next month and Joan and Melissa Rivers provide their own unique brand of fashion critique in a hilarious featurette that pays tribute to the crazy, kitschy wardrobes of The Golden Girls.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I am bumping this thread as I was reading another site and there is bit of gossip that had me plotzing! Rumor has it Bea Arthur hated Betty White and one day Bea shat on Betty White's dressing room floor. It appeared in magazines! Hel, can you fucking believe that? Read this -

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=e971b16c3689702e&seekm=19990823134038.08477.00002637%40ng-fw1.aol.com#link1

What the hell is "shat?" shit? spit?

Joan Rivers
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM
What the hell is "shat?" shit? spit?
Shit Sal, shit! I edited. Read the link.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I read they hate each other so much they won't appear together in public. I always assumed that was because Betty White accidentally walked in on Bea's trailer and realized she had two fruits and a vegetable between her legs, but I really don't know. I didn't know the hate rose to the level of Bea taking a dump in her dressing room. I always read it was Bea who keeps it going.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 05:58 PM
That's disgusting. I hate a lot of people but I never took a dump on any of their dresses. I wouldn't even know where to begin to try to do that sort of thing. I mean do you throw it in the toilet first and then do your thing on top of it or do you just stand in the middle of the room and ... :tape: I would think one would be best off doing the former as you don't have to worry as much about splattering with things dropping from umm heights...

Joan Rivers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Was Bea a bitch when she guested on All in the Family, Sal?

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Who do you think is more likely a man in real life, Bea Arthur or Dixie Carter? There's a certain femininity with Bea Arthur that just makes her more of a woman to me. I'd not be surprised at all if it came out Dixie Carter was a man.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Was Bea a bitch when she guested on All in the Family, Sal?

When is Bea not a bitch? She was a bitch on Maude. She was a bitch on AITF. She was the bitch on the Golden Girls. She was a bitch at the airport a couple of months ago... I think I'm gonna have to take Betty's side on this one.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Who do you think is more likely a man in real life, Bea Arthur or Dixie Carter? There's a certain femininity with Bea Arthur that just makes her more of a woman to me. I'd not be surprised at all if it came out Dixie Carter was a man.

Dixie Carter has slowly drifted towards androgeny since Designing Women. She was looking ok on that show for a while but lately... :scared:

GermanBoy
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I *love* GG. I've seen every Ep probably like 30 times each. :lol:
We know that, Blanche... :o

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Come on, this is a TOTAL drag queen, and not even a really talented one.

http://www.adviceradio.com/advicehosts/tonyaielloshow/images/genesisAwards/dixie_carter.JPG

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Is she still with Holbrook? Isn't that gross? He's almost old enough to be her father.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Is she still with Holbrook? Isn't that gross? He's almost old enough to be her father.Sally, old enough to be Dixie Carter's father is like 105 years old, that broad's older than the hills!

That's the problem when you have a couple, and the guy is like old looking and the dame has loads of work done, they look ridiculous together. Couples need to have work done at the same time so that they peel the years off together.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Sally, old enough to be Dixie Carter's father is like 105 years old, that broad's older than the hills!

That's the problem when you have a couple, and the guy is like old looking and the dame has loads of work done, they look ridiculous together. Couples need to have work done at the same time so that they peel the years off together.

well they're 14 years apart so he could biologically be her father. I agree about the plastic surgery. I bet Joan and Edgar had talked about that before his untimely demise.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
They're not just 14 years apart, they're also two guys who are married, so it's like a daddy complex for "Dixie" whose real name I'm sure is Dick.

I think if Edgar had lived, he'd look like Joan's grandfather by now.

Joan Rivers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:26 PM
well they're 14 years apart so he could biologically be her father. I agree about the plastic surgery. I bet Joan and Edgar had talked about that before his untimely demise.
Edgar was actually dead set against me getting surgery just before he died.......ain't it funny how things turn out?

Dixie is looking like one of the waxworks Hel talks about except she literally looks like wax! Dixie was still sexier than Big Delta on DW though. Mind you, so was the couch.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:30 PM
For some reason, I really hated all the women on DW. I thought they all were closet dykes (except for Dixie Carter, who's a man), and I so bad wanted them to just drop the act one episode and have an orgy, just the four of them.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:32 PM
For some reason, I really hated all the women on DW. I thought they all were closet dykes (except for Dixie Carter, who's a man), and I so bad wanted them to just drop the act one episode and have an orgy, just the four of them.

and the black guy was totally gay. I mean come on... I don't mean to be sterotypical here (I'm not bashing anyone! I love you all :kiss: ) but a flamboyant black guy working at an interior decorating place?

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:35 PM
I know, they did those stupid plot lines where Anthony had wives and girlfriends, but it was a pile. He was as queer as a $3 bill. They should have had him be even more a flamer and then "Dixie" can reveal to him in a very special DW that she's really a "he" and then they can get it on with "Dixie" being the vocal, butch top, meanwhile Charlene and Annie Potts have their way with Delta, ravaging her.

Joan Rivers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM
He was so gay. I submitted him for the Emmys - in the Supporting Actress category!

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:38 PM
They should have done a crossover and had one big orgy with the Golden Girls.

Sally Struthers
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Charlene was looking rather manish too with those huge broad shoulders of hers. Maybe it was during that 1980s big shoulder pads phase.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:41 PM
That blondie who replaced Charlene, what the hell was her name, not the Newhart bimbo, but the other one, Judith Ivy or something, that broad was as butch as Rosie combined with kd lang. I wanted her to wrestle/box "Dixie" in a blood fight to the finish. You have a totally agressive butch lesbian battling a tough as nails drag queen, that would have been a great fight.

I wish I could have written a couple of episodes for that show.

Helen Lawson
Oct 5th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Charlene was looking rather manish too with those huge broad shoulders of hers. Maybe it was during that 1980s big shoulder pads phase.
Charlene was built like a linebacker.

PatM04
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I have seen every episode at least 10 times and they never get old. Go GG's:)