PDA

View Full Version : Mom Tries to Sell 2 Yr-Old Son

CC
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:21 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (July 9) - A mother has been charged with trying to sell her toddler son for $500 so she could buy a stash of the addictive painkiller OxyContin.

Brianna Marie Burns, 23, could get up to five years in prison if convicted.

Burns' grandmother contacted authorities after Burns allegedly offered to sell her the 2-year-old child. An undercover officer wired the grandmother and provided her with $500 for the exchange, according to police documents.

Burns was arrested Monday after receiving the money and signing custody of the child over to her grandmother. She was being held on $102,500 bond.

Child Protective Services has placed the child with another family member.

OxyContin is a prescription painkiller often given to cancer patients. If chewed, snorted or injected, it produces a quick and potentially lethal high. The drug has been linked to more than 100 deaths.

The sale of a child was a misdemeanor in West Virginia until 1994, one year after a Charleston woman was convicted of trying to sell her 1-month-old baby to undercover officers for $1,400 so she could buy a mobile home. That led the state to change the law, making the crime a felony.

07/09/03 17:33 EDT

Stay away from drugs people. :rolleyes:

Mase
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Sick, sick sick......

vs1
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:25 PM
FUCK!!! People suck!!! :mad: :fiery:

King Satan
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:29 PM
lol that's some fucked up shit. i'm lucky my mom didn't try to sell my ass when i was two lol. i woudlnt' blame her if she did. :o

Cariaoke
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:33 PM
of all the drugs in the world... she chooses oxycotin... :rolleyes:

I don't know what's worse: the selling your kid for a mobile home or for drugs...

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:37 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (July 9) - A mother has been charged with trying to sell her toddler son for $500 so she could buy a stash of the addictive painkiller OxyContin.

Brianna Marie Burns, 23, could get up to five years in prison if convicted.

Burns' grandmother contacted authorities after Burns allegedly offered to sell her the 2-year-old child. An undercover officer wired the grandmother and provided her with $500 for the exchange, according to police documents.

Burns was arrested Monday after receiving the money and signing custody of the child over to her grandmother. She was being held on $102,500 bond.

Child Protective Services has placed the child with another family member.

OxyContin is a prescription painkiller often given to cancer patients. If chewed, snorted or injected, it produces a quick and potentially lethal high. The drug has been linked to more than 100 deaths.

The sale of a child was a misdemeanor in West Virginia until 1994, one year after a Charleston woman was convicted of trying to sell her 1-month-old baby to undercover officers for $1,400 so she could buy a mobile home. That led the state to change the law, making the crime a felony.

07/09/03 17:33 EDT

Stay away from drugs people. :rolleyes:
sounds like one of my childhood stories....MOM are you reading this!!!! You are not alone!!!!

JonBcn
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:40 PM
$500? She could get more than that for just one of his kidneys on the streets of Brazil. She should do her research first next time.

skanky~skanketta
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:43 AM
fucking bitch!i hope she goes directly to jail!

Bacardi
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:49 AM
OxyContin is bad here in Virginia where I live too!
I had my best friend sent off to rehab for it, for a total of 3 months!
Federal agents are here, and it seems every week they have a bust on it. And lately it's been meth labs as well. Crime is on the rise, but so far no one's tried to sell their kids for it yet. Althou I know a few dumbasses who broke each others legs for OxyContin. :rolleyes:

King Satan
Jul 14th, 2003, 05:51 AM
"Althou I know a few dumbasses who broke each others legs for OxyContin."

sorry, but i can't help but laugh when i hear things like this lol :o

decemberlove
Jul 14th, 2003, 06:33 AM
there are way better drugs out there than oxy

Bacardi
Jul 14th, 2003, 06:51 AM
King, if you knew them... you'd really be laughing. I mean to go as far as to break each others bones to get a few pills. It's nuts. There was doctor around here that wrote them for everything anyway. First of all it's a drug for cancer patients... Not for people with headaches or broken bones. Geez and then the FDA wonders why this type of drug use gets out of hand. EDUCATE YOUR DOCTORS BETTER! (An average doctor has to take only one course on drugs/pharmacy related matters)
The Feds are still watching my friend, and she's been clean for like 2 years. I just think this concentration on this crap (oc's) has led to the uprise of meth labs in the area. Damn, people around here need a better hobby.

december... yeah I know, there are much better drugs out there than oxy. I done my fair share. I only done this oxy crap once in my life, and it made me sick afterwards :barf: ... I never touched the stuff again. Hell, go out and smoke some mary jane (aka: reefer, pot, cronic, hash)... It won't make you want to sell your children or break bones! Plus, they've also now found out it doesn't kill your brain cells. LEGALIZE IT :devil:

Please note, Bacardi does not condone drug use of any kind. Kids: JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS! (Had to put the safey note in there ;) )

irma
Jul 14th, 2003, 12:40 PM
when you are addicted you do weird stuf I guess. :o

sunnysideup
Jul 14th, 2003, 01:14 PM
that baby is lucky actually, now he's free from her modahhh fuckahhh.:o