PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawals

spiceboy
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Conchita Martinez is OUT and is replaced by Yoon-J. Cho in the MD

Silvia Farina is OUT and is replaced by Tina Pisnik in the MD

Farina Elia Fan
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:34 PM
WHY HAS SILVIA PULLED OUT??????????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

beauty_is_pink
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:39 PM
you scared the SHIT outta me! cause i thought it was Daniela too... :sad: i hope Daniela gets better and plays here!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anna K also withdrew due to her back problems

¤CharlDa¤
Jul 10th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Please Daniela please play!

Jorn
Jul 11th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks spiceboy, but where have you got this info?

Tina :) (It was maybe better for her, playing in the qualies...)
Silvia :sad:

Ajrob
Jul 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Pff Conchita :sad:

spiceboy
Jul 11th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks spiceboy, but where have you got this info?

WTA tournament office here in Palermo :) Press pass makes wonders ;)

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 14th, 2003, 02:28 PM
more more please!!! I want Olga in the qualies!!!! i miss her so much!!! i wanna see her!!!

barabanschikova_fan
Jul 21st, 2003, 02:39 PM
serena now out next venus maybe?:) and probably seles... more chances for olga!!!

PointBlank
Jul 25th, 2003, 08:54 PM
i think silvia will retire soon.....

Jorn
Jul 31st, 2003, 12:24 PM
Seles has withdrawn too.

ChrisGermany
Aug 2nd, 2003, 07:43 AM
I think it´s a bit weird that Martinez and Farina-Elia withdrew at that time. Isn´t it normally the case players play a few events in the US in a row before deciding which to skip out of these 5 events ? And then these 2 skip the biggest of them ?

And Conchita skipping it after skipping Scottsdale and going out in San Diego early ? Are is it because she went out early in SD and knew about an injury and she plas to rest it till NewHaven ? But why playing LA then ? Or did she step back from LA too ? Maybe she wanted to avoid being seeded 9-16 again and only get 3rd round points and she is knowing that she´s needed for a field in NewHaven to better off withdrawals there and seek her points there.

Regarding Silvia, maybe she thinks the same as Conchita. She maybe wasn´t to be seeded in Canada and thinks about resting for a better draw in NewHaven.

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:02 PM
conchita already had some problem with tennis canada 2-4 years ago so maybe thats why she dont wanna come to toronto.

bbypk
Aug 4th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Conchi :(

GABRIEL
Aug 5th, 2003, 12:14 AM
:sad: Silvia withdrawing here is scary....she only played 1 match in SD and lost in the first round, she needs matches, I cannot really understand her decision.....I hoper she knows what she is doing... :angel:

patricio
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Capriati?

patricktav2003
Aug 6th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Farina?????? Now No Chance For The Canadians To Win Over A Top 20th Player Because Farina And Conchita ARE Out !!:):):)

TatiAnnahølic
Aug 6th, 2003, 01:20 PM
do you think, the canadians had a shot against Conchita and Silvia? HA don't make me laugh :lol::rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:17 AM
I'm 99% sure that since she's still playing Helsinki, Karolina Sprem will not be able to make qualifying here - the only chance is that she loses to Petra and is granted a Sunday start (which ain't gonna happen on both counts ;) ).

ChrisGermany
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I doubt Silvia withdrew. Or it is because she thinks she won´t make it that far after being seeded low 2 weeks in a row and with that strength in the field she prefers playing a weaker field in NewHaven

Rising Sun
Aug 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Yoon-Jeong Cho withdrew. :mad:

splat
Aug 8th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Venus has withdrawn.

barabanschikova_fan
Aug 8th, 2003, 06:04 PM
MORE MORE! please olga come!!!

Meesh
Aug 9th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Now Jen is out! :(

TORONTO (CP) - The field for the $1.325-million US Rogers AT&T Cup tennis tournament took another hit Saturday as No.7-ranked American Jennifer Capriati withdrew with a shoulder injury.

Over the last few weeks several WTA superstars have pulled out of the event. Venus and Serena Williams dropped with injuries as did fan favourite Monica Seles and Americans Chanda Rubin and Alexandra Stevenson.

The field features Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne, the second- and third-ranked players in the world, respectively.

In addition to Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne, defending champion Amelie Mauresmo of France, who is ranked sixth in the world and No. 9 Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia are also entered.

Qualifying started this weekend at the National Tennis Centre at York University. The main draw starts Monday with the final set for next Sunday.

Brandon85
Aug 9th, 2003, 04:50 PM
poor jen!

Buitenzorg
Aug 9th, 2003, 05:18 PM
:eek: what kind of Tier I ($1.32m) event it is?

:confused: a lot of player had withdrew!

;) this is a good chance for a lower rank player to show their ability and to gain some ranking points

rhz
Aug 9th, 2003, 06:08 PM
so who replaced them??? the Q draw already out!

AleOrtu
Aug 10th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Where is Clarisa Fernandez?
Does anybody knows why she is not playing here?