PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Laker fans...

RYNJ
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:53 PM
http://38.118.133.180/recap0203/2003_07_08_TheBigFour.jpg

http://www.wtaworld.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
and they would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for that pesky commissioner!

:p :p :p ;)

RYNJ
Jul 9th, 2003, 05:51 PM
imagine the starting line!!!

At Guard Gay Payton and Kobe Bryant
Forward Rick Fox/Devan geroge and Karl malone
Center Shaq!

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:31 PM
That looks awesome! :worship:

Lindsayfan
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:32 PM
right now I'm too sad for Kobe's affair to think about next year team :sad:
but yes it could be an unbeatable team...

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:35 PM
btw, opening night is the Lakers vs LeBron :D

RYNJ
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:42 PM
btw, opening night is the Lakers vs LeBron :D

OMG EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAKERS CAN PERFORM A CLINIC ON JAMES AND HIS CAVS!!!!!! 50 pint deficit baby!!! hes to much hype, the media is all going off like it was an nba final he played yesterday. Pshh, wait til you get to the real thing, all that money put to waste! TO MUCH HYPE!

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:51 PM
OMG EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAKERS CAN PERFORM A CLINIC ON JAMES AND HIS CAVS!!!!!! 50 pint deficit baby!!! hes to much hype, the media is all going off like it was an nba final he played yesterday. Pshh, wait til you get to the real thing, all that money put to waste! TO MUCH HYPE!
They did hype him too much. but he will be one of the great players in the league eventually. he has all the skills in the world. now he just needs to keep improving, and hope he doesn't get hurt.

decemberlove
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:53 PM
lebron is hyped, its true. but hes very mature for his age, and when he isnt scoring, hes passing. selflessness is a rare quality in the nba nowadays.

Kuilli
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:06 PM
GP in Laker uniform just doesn't look right, but oh well, maybe I'll get used to it. ;)

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:09 PM
GP in Laker uniform just doesn't look right, but oh well, maybe I'll get used to it. ;)
It looks great on him! :p

much better than the bucks uni ;) lol

Kuilli
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:13 PM
much better than the bucks uni ;) lol
but it still can't beat the sonics uni :p

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:27 PM
but it still can't beat the sonics uni :p
True, but the sonics colors are just nasty! :p

decemberlove
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:38 PM
i dont like any of the new jerseys.

bring on the throwbacks. the retro jerseys are HOT

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM
it's all about the falcons' jerseys!

oh, wrong sport! :bolt:

Kuilli
Jul 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM
True, but the sonics colors are just nasty! :p
Pffff :smash: :p

disposablehero
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:36 AM
The scary thing about the Lakers is that they will work hard. Kobe will work hard because he always works hard. Shaq will work hard because of all the criticism he got this year. Payton will work hard because he doesn't have a ring and is old enough to know if you let other people carry you there you might not make it. Malone will work hard for the same reasons as Payton, plus knowing that at his age he has to, plus that he's always worked hard.

Pureracket
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Kobe will work hard because he let his agent talk him to already announcing that he is going to be a free agent after this season. Every night is going to be an audition for the highest bidder for this guy.

RYNJ
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:14 AM
I doubt Kobe will leave, hes just gonna make the other teams to make a bid but I dont see him going anywhere.

disposablehero
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:08 AM
I doubt Kobe will leave, hes just gonna make the other teams to make a bid but I dont see him going anywhere.

No, Pureracket is right. This Laker team could self-destruct after this year, depending on the new CBA, which I think is due next offseason, just like hockey. Kobe is underpaid right now, and Malone/Payton are short-term issues. Look for one or both to sign for only a year.

Tarsius
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:57 AM
Payton and Malone? Typical Phil Jackson... never thinking beyond the next two to three years.

RYNJ
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:11 AM
I dont see them self destruct.. everyone thought in 2001 Kobe and Shaq qould what did they do go 15- 1 in the playoffs. Now with Payton and Malone 15-0?

disposablehero
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Payton and Malone? Typical Phil Jackson... never thinking beyond the next two to three years.

In the NBA if you are thinking past 3 years, you are procrastinating. Ditto the NFL. In MLB or NHL, the 4 or 5 year picture has some importance.

King Satan
Jul 10th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Kobe will work hard because he let his agent talk him to already announcing that he is going to be a free agent after this season. Every night is going to be an audition for the highest bidder for this guy.
When did kobe "announce" this? :confused: Jim Grey announced this, kobe didn't.

Kobe might test the waters in the free agent market, but i have no doubt that he'll return. the only other team i think has a slim chance of getting him is Memphis, cos of jerry west.

Gary and karl are short term deals as dh said. Karl will be here one year, and gary maybe two. the problem with the lakers not being able to get younger is Kobe and Shaq. they have no money left over to go after some good young players. the only way they're gonna get younger is through the draft.

I don't think this team will self destruct either, rynj. as long as they have kobe and shaq, they'll just have to keep adding a few role players here and there, and they'll be fine.

Pureracket
Jul 10th, 2003, 02:05 PM
I've heard quite a few media type besides Jim Grey announce this. I'm in FL, and it was all over the sports shows here. I just thought it was pretty intersting that he would have this announced before this season's campaign even began.