PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Laws....You WON'T believe some of these

mboyle
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:48 PM
1. In Indiana, it is illegal to take a bath between the months of October and March:o .

2. In Cheyenne, Wyoming, it is illegal for residents to take showers on Wednesdays.

3. In Alabama, putting salt on train tracks is punishable by death.

4. In Michigan, it is illegal to give anyone the finger.

5. In Rumsford, Maine, it is illegal to argue w/ your land-lord or land-lady.

6. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal for housewives to hide dirt or dust underneath an area rug.

7. In Tombstone, Arizona, it is illegal for those over 18 to smile when missing only one tooth.

8. In Manitoba, Canada, it is illegal for children to enter doughnut shops! :lol:

9. In California, it is illegal to have Christmas lights still strung 18 days or more after Christmas

10. Cutting down a cactus in Arizona is punishable by 25 years in prison.

11. In Alabama, it is illegal to cut off your arm for the purpuse of drawing sympathy and money from others.

12. In South Carolina, lawmakers refuse to allow citizens to have tatoos because "God didn't intend for them to have one":rolleyes: .

List any other stupid laws you know of. What wonderful things bureacracy does for up:rolleyes: .

mboyle
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
In St. Louis, MO, it is illegal for women to wear red in public

mboyle
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
In Missouri, single men between the ages of 21-50 are fined a dollar a year.

Fantastic
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:57 PM
1. In Indiana, it is illegal to take a bath between the months of October and March:o .

2. In Cheyenne, Wyoming, it is illegal for residents to take showers on Wednesdays.

3. In Alabama, putting salt on train tracks is punishable by death.

4. In Michigan, it is illegal to give anyone the finger.

5. In Rumsford, Maine, it is illegal to argue w/ your land-lord or land-lady.

6. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal for housewives to hide dirt or dust underneath an area rug.

7. In Tombstone, Arizona, it is illegal for those over 18 to smile when missing only one tooth.

8. In Manitoba, Canada, it is illegal for children to enter doughnut shops! :lol:

9. In California, it is illegal to have Christmas lights still strung 18 days or more after Christmas

10. Cutting down a cactus in Arizona is punishable by 25 years in prison.

11. In Alabama, it is illegal to cut off your arm for the purpuse of drawing sympathy and money from others.

12. In South Carolina, lawmakers refuse to allow citizens to have tatoos because "God didn't intend for them to have one":rolleyes: .

Hey, at least adultery is still legal. ;)

splat
Jul 9th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Well I heard that in one of the Canadian provinces (Alberta I think) it's illegal to take a bandaid off in public.

Carolina Girl
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:58 PM
in hattiesburg, mississippi it is unlawful to milk another person's cow

Kirt12255
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:08 PM
:wavey: Funny post!!! I know in one of the US states..it is still illegal to cross the border into another state with a duck on your'e head (can't remember which state though). Makes you wonder why these laws are still valid. Am hoping residents of Indiana are allowed to have a shower instead of a bath or that would equall some smelly people.

Cassius
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:21 PM
'London taxi's have to carry round a bale/bail of hay with them at all times.'
Dates back to the times when taxi's were pulled by horses, you'd think that they'd deem this law redundent:rolleyes:

Cassius
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Despite not having capital punishment, in Britain you can technically still be executed for treason (even just badmouthing the monarch or defiling their image is treason, you don't have to try and kill them for this to count) and stealing from a dockyard.

Cassius
Jul 9th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Also, the only vehicle that can 'BY LAW' go through red lights is a Royal Mail van.
Technically police cars, ambulences and fire engines aren't allowed to do so:eek:
It's because everyone used to try to rob mail vans because the only people who used to send letters were rich folk so everyone assumed there'd be good stuff to steal, so a law was passed that allowed ROYAL Mail (no other mail service) to pass right through.
But no such law was made for police etc.

controlfreak
Jul 10th, 2003, 12:24 AM
In York, UK, it is legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow inside the city walls (except on Sundays).

My friends and I have often discussed the merits of this law but have yet to actually put it into practice.

Richie77
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:42 AM
:wavey: Funny post!!! I know in one of the US states..it is still illegal to cross the border into another state with a duck on your'e head (can't remember which state though). Makes you wonder why these laws are still valid. Am hoping residents of Indiana are allowed to have a shower instead of a bath or that would equall some smelly people.
Don't worry, we can still take showers between October and March ;) I had never heard of that rule before!

Rothes
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:34 AM
In Fairbanks, Alaska they will put you in Jail for serving Alcoholic beverages to a moose.

In Hawaii You are allowed to compete in a swim meet, just aslong you don't wear swim trunks.

Houston, Texas-You are not allowed to buy Limburger cheese, goose liver or rye bread on a Sunday.

Sarasita Folirda, It is illegal to sing in a Bikini

Miami Florida, Men are strictly forbidden to wear strapless gowns in public

Las Angeles, You can't bathe two babies in the same bath tub

Carrizozo New Mexico, Women can't be caught unshaven in Public

Normal Oklohoma, It is illegal to make a a face to a dog in public

Saco Missouri: illegal to wear hats that might scare children or animals

Natchez Mississippi: Illegal for an elephant to guzzle bear

Virginia: Illegal to take a bath without a doctors permission

Maryland: Illegal to take a lion to the Movies

Pennsylvania: Agains't the laws for babysitters to raid refridgerators

Conneticut: You could get convicted for trying to educate a dog

New Hampshire: Agains't the law to dye margerine Pink

Rochester NY: Kids are not allowed to collect cigar stubs

Michigan: A womens hair is owned by his husband

Waterloo Nebraska: Barbers may not eat onions between 7am and 7pm

North Dakota: It is illegal to faall asleep with your shoes on

Montana: It is felony for a wife to open a husbands mail

Hood River Oregon: You may not juggle without a juggling liscence

Wilbur Washington: You will be fined for riding an ugly horse

Not really a stupid law: But to become a citezin of Switzerland, you must have over $400,000 in assets and an impecible credit card rating . not to sure if that still applies now.

moby
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:00 PM
for the sanity of my mind, will somebody PLEASE tell me that you are making this up.

PLEASE.

Aerien
Jul 10th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Archie comics has a section just like this.
I should dig some of those up. :)

MarcusRock
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:45 PM
2. In Cheyenne, Wyoming, it is illegal for residents to take showers on Wednesdays.Apparently, there's a high migration rate from Cheyenne to here in the summer.11. In Alabama, it is illegal to cut off your arm for the purpuse of drawing sympathy and money from others.However, people often offer to cut their arms as a display of proof of love. Not against the law though :p

MarcusRock
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM
hmmm...still, love is a dumb excuse to cut your arm off, marcus. i forget where that law is, but there's a country where it is mandatory that you prove your love by bleeding to death.A) is that country France and B) does the person doing the proving have a name that sounds something like "theory" in English?

MarcusRock
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:57 PM
lol...no doubt! this person also gives you a big kiss.This person better stay the hell away from me. LOL.

MarcusRock
Jul 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM
what if he has a spatula? would that be ok?LOL. No! All spatulas, big kisses, night vision goggles, grey jackets and white paws need to stay away from me.

TartarVicario
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Interesting ! ;)