PDA

View Full Version : Break ups: people's experiences

Steffica Greles
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I'd just like to know how other people have coped with the common emotions people feel when they break up with somebody.

I sometimes feel empty, like a part of me has gone. I can't laugh or have fun in the same way because he's not there to laugh with me.

I can't bear the thought of him with other men, because I feel I belonged to him - and he belonged to me. I lie in bed wondering what he's up to and who he's with, whether there's been anybody else yet.

I worry that I'll never enjoy sex again, because nobody can make it feel as good as it did with him. I've done it once since, and it was horrible.

And then there's all the loose ends. There's always something else I wish I'd said, or done differently. There's things I still wish I could say, or clarify, and questions I need answered.

But there came a point when I had to draw the line.

I haven't contacted him for nine days now, and I *do* realise why we broke up and that it was, over all, for the best.

I KNOW I'll overcome these emotions, I know they're normal, and I *am* beginning to at least see him as part of my history, even if I am thinking of him as often as I was before I could accept it was over. At least this last eight days I've been thinking of him as past rather than present.

But the past still hurts, and will do for a while. I can't say how long.

I just want to know what other people have been through, how they overcame it, and how they react to their exes now.

faboozadoo15
Jul 9th, 2003, 02:21 AM
lol... has anyone done it in an email???