PDA

View Full Version : Gary Payton agrees to sign with Lakers!

King Satan
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:07 PM
:bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

He said he's gonna sign on July 16. and this also means that the mail man might be on his way here too. cos he said if the lakers sign the glove, he'd come to the lakers for whatever money is left over! :bounce:

I think they can hand us the Championship now lol!

RYNJ
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:12 PM
omg wahoo

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:18 PM
oh wow, he still plays? :o i remember following him in the 90's when he and kemp were playing for the supersonics..... :D

King Satan
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
oh wow, he still plays? :o i remember following him in the 90's when he and kemp were playing for the supersonics..... :D
yup, and he still rules! :worship:

I can't believe we're gonna have kobe and the glove in the backcourt! :eek: *can't wait till season starts*

RYNJ
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:21 PM
and shaq and malone inside OH MAN!!! MY SISTER IS GONNA FREAK WHEN SHE HEARS THIS!

Pureracket
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:21 PM
So. .. .that tall guy. .. the one who missed all the three point shots. . .. Horry? is out now, right?

It sounds like the Lakers are going to have their own AllStar team. It will be interesting to see how Payton and Kobe get along. I'm sure Shaq and Malone will not be pretty.

Kuilli
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Oh no! I thought the day I cheer for Lakers will never come, but Payton is my favorite player, and I do want to see him win the championships. ;)

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:50 PM
now I've lost all respect for him, signing with the fucking lakers :mad: :o.

Tratree
Jul 8th, 2003, 11:21 PM
The Lakers didn't take the option on Horry by July 1st, but they can still sign him. They haven't decided yet. In other news, former Laker Anthony Peeler was released by the Bucks. I would LOVE to see AP back in the purple and gold hitting those 3's.

Man, we we get Payton AND Malone....BLING BLING :bigclap:

the cat
Jul 8th, 2003, 11:53 PM
I thought the Lakers were looking to get younger and more athletic? Getting Gary Payton is a good move. But there is no way Karl Malone should sign or will sign with the Lakers for very little money when he can still be king of the hill in Utah. The Lakers don't need Malone. They need a young and athletic power forward like Keon Clark who can defend, block shots and run the floor.

The Lakers still need to get quicker. It's too bad they didn't make a move for Speedy Claxton. He's going to be the steal of the free agent signings.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 8th, 2003, 11:57 PM
I thought the Lakers were looking to get younger and more athletic? Getting Gary Payton is a good move. But there is no way Karl Malone should sign or will sign with the Lakers for very little money when he can still be king of the hill in Utah. The Lakers don't need Malone. They need a young and athletic power forward like Keon Clark who can defend, block shots and run the floor.

The Lakers still need to get quicker. It's too bad they didn't make a move for Speedy Claxton. He's going to be the steal of the free agent signings.
the lakers all need to get fucked if you ask me :o :fiery:.

Cariaoke
Jul 8th, 2003, 11:58 PM
ooh that's a special delivery! :D yay!

King Satan
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:05 AM

The problem is that there are no young players out there that the lakers can sign. They had a good draft this year getting Brian Cook (pf) and Luke Walton (sf). Karl Malone said he's willing to sign with the lakers for whatever money was left if they signed GP (he wants the ring). I disagree with you, the lakers would love to have karl malone. Shaq is gonna have a much easier time with karl there. cos karl can hit his shots, unlike madsen lol

Keon Clark signed back with the kings. so no chance there. and i'd much rather have GP than Speedy Claxton ;)