PDA

View Full Version : I Love Sushi and Japanese Food Thread

Berlin_Calling
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Sushi, actually Japanese food in whole is my favorite food :lick: There is no other food quite like sushi and I could eat it everyday :drool:.

Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura, Soba, Teppanyaki, Teriyaki, shabu-shabu :hearts:.

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/kgk/1099/sushi.jpg
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~mameya/teppanyaki.jpg
http://www.trekjapan.com/japan/images/photos/adam/food/soba.jpg

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM
:drool:

i love sushi, jap. noodles and the miso soup :lick:

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
:drool:

i love sushi, jap. noodles and the miso soup :lick:

is that on the Chez Marri menu:confused:

Harju.
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:38 PM
:lick: Me Too

I like the shashimi.. the ebiko :lick: :drool: Sushi is definately the best by far..

shap_half
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Allez!! Omg, I love Japanese food! Sushi! Hibachi! that salad thing they have! Beef Teriyaki! Miso soup! I love food!! Whoo Japanese food!

I must say that Thai food, however, is also very very good!

Kanji
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:46 PM
I would be all into Japanese food if they weren't that much into seafood themselves... As for now, Vietnamese food stays my favourite, especially everything made with chicken. Yummie!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:48 PM
i was at a thai restaurant last week... had thai noodles, omg thta was so :drool:

Kanji
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Oh yeah! I loooooove the spicy taste of thai's food too! :drool:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:52 PM
uh huh :drool:

and for the sushi lovers... do you also eat the wasabi and the sweet ginger? i love the wasabi hehe ;)

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM
did i fail to mention i haven't ate lunch yet :(

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:56 PM
then eat! :p

speaking of food... it was so good to come home last night.. after eating crappy british food lol. my parents cooking is the best :angel:

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:58 PM
i was going to until i heard about a tattoo and now my appetite is gone :mad:

damn, life would be easier if i were a :devil:

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:01 PM
then eat! :p

since you ordered me to...i'll go eat some tacos at the cool mexican restaurant here in the city he he :lick:

shap_half
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:10 PM
If y'all are talking about pad thai? the orange-ish colored noodle with shrimp!!! oooh!! ssoooo good! i eat pretty much everything. i love eating different foods from different cultures. i must say that asians have the best noodle dishes. filipino noodles are just to die for. lo mein from china!! miso soup!!! pad thai!! singarpore rice noodles!! malaysian noodles!!!! aaaah! i love food!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:11 PM
shap half!!!!!! YESSS pad thai, that's it!!! :D

shap_half
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:14 PM
shap half!!!!!! YESSS pad thai, that's it!!! :D

oh lordy! i can eat pad thai all day!! i once couldn't help myself and ate thai food 11 days straight coz i kept craving their pad thai, crab fried rice, and pad kaprow!! and oh my god!! their thai iced tea is fckin' bangin!!!

Berlin_Calling
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Hibachi! :drool:

Marri, I dont understand why people like Wasabi, I think it takes away from the pure taste of Sushi, lol.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :kiss: uh huh, both home safe :D you need to tell us about your trip in *you know where* ;)

Shap - ooohhh... i was drinking ice coffee when i ate the pad thai :drool:

and hmm.... the wasabi.. i only eat it for the rush ;) eheeh, nah, i only mix a tiny bit of it in the soya sauce :)

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
marri!!! :kiss: :wavey: i'm glad we're both home safe and sound! and it's always good to see you. :)

i would totally agree except i can't see her:(

decemberlove
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM
im so close-minded when it comes to food... and THAT does not look tempting to me. give me good ole italian, mexican, or cuban food any day over those weird looking noodles that look like worms :eek:

kku
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Yah! Japanese food is my absolute fave!!! Tempura, Yaki Soba, Teppanyaki, Sashimi, Californian Roll, you name and I'll like it :)

kku
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:58 AM
im so close-minded when it comes to food... and THAT does not look tempting to me. give me good ole italian, mexican, or cuban food any day over those weird looking noodles that look like worms :eek:

Oh well. Everyone has their opinions........

Viva
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:20 AM
I love Japanese food!

sushi, japanese noodles, Teppanyaki, a lot of their soups. Yummmm!!!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Have any of you guys had okonomi-yaki. It's like a Japanese crepe or pancake, except you can get it with all kinds of meat and vegetables. It's served sprinkled with these flakes which taste like fish and dance as the heat from the okonomiyaki rises up :lick:
http://www.japan-guide.com/r/p/r100_01.jpg
http://markun.cs.shinshu-u.ac.jp/hobby/okonomi/yakiag1.gif
I haven't tried 'real' sushi yet, just the vegetarian stuff...kinda anxious about the raw fish thing ;)

anyone else notice how healthy Japanese food is? Tempura is deep fried but supposedly contains little or no fat and sushi has just about all the food groups in good proportion and soba is supposed to be really good for your digestion and there are so many dishes based completely around soy...no wonder there don't seem to be many overweight Japanese people :eek:

selesrulez
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Does anyone want a recipe for okonomiyaki and takoyaki?

Berlin_Calling
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Yea, Japanese food is pretty healthy. It's the same for Korean food, I think it is the healthiest out of all of them.

Vincent
Jul 9th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I love Japense food for sure.:angel:
Hong Kong is very hot right now and i doubt the food quality of public restaurant, especially seafood.
Anyway...sushi won't be forgotton by me on every weekends.:p

dubro
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:24 PM
sushi-sashimi-tempure :lick: :lick: :lick:

xin_hui
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:06 AM
i dont like jap food :o
raw food isnt exactly my cup of tea, and things like tempura is soooo oily..but every turn u take in singapore, u see a japanese restaurant

nasty nick#2
Jul 10th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Is this a new attempt to a Chez Marri thread? :D I feel really tempted by the Japanese food, love the country and the food, Sushi :hearts: Unfortunately im on diet :tape:

shap_half
Jul 11th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I really like the Philly Roll, too! And the shrimp tempura roll!!

alexusjonesfan
Jul 11th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Does anyone want a recipe for okonomiyaki and takoyaki?

yes please :drool:

shap_half
Jul 13th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I went to this restaurant yesterday which served ecclectic Asian cuisine and they had 50% off sushi if you dine in!!! Who0ot!!! My friend and I had california roll, philly roll, alaskan roll, and a boston roll!! Wh00oo