PDA

View Full Version : KFC, Popeye's or Church's?

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
If you only could have chicken at one place which 1 u choosin'?

Berlin_Calling
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Popeyes :lick:

vs1
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM
I don't eat chicken anymore, but when I did, Popeye's was the best. KFC is a bit nasty to me. :lol:

ToeTag
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Swiss Chalet...:bolt:

Mase
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM
KFC, yum yum yum....

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I don't eat chicken anymore, but when I did, Popeye's was the best. KFC is a bit nasty to me. :lol:

I hear ya! Popeye is da bomb! But I still go to KFC cuz I love me the Twister sandwich. :cool:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:21 PM
:drool: Popeye's gets me every time! Those biscuits with apple jelly or honey! :drool: :drool:

Cariaoke
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Popeye's! Hands down! Church's=greasy, dirty and cheap. KFC= dryest shit on earth.

I lurv Chick-fil-a for nuggets and chicken strips. :)

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:27 PM
:drool: Popeye's gets me every time! Those biscuits with apple jelly or honey! :drool: :drool:

Feelin' u girl on that! :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Popeye's! Hands down! Church's=greasy, dirty and cheap. KFC= dryest shit on earth.

I lurv Chick-fil-a for nuggets and chicken strips. :)

Girrrrlllllllll I luv some Chick-Fil-A but I gotsta go to the mall out in the burbs for that. Their chicken strips is da bomb! :cool:

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:30 PM
if you absolutely have to eat fast food chicken, el pollo loco in southern california is the best in my opinion.

Sorry Miss Dee Dee they don't have that here but I love me some chicken so I'm a try it if I ever in Cali. :cool:

Cariaoke
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Girrrrlllllllll I luv some Chick-Fil-A but I gotsta go to the mall out in the burbs for that. Their chicken strips is da bomb! :cool:
wow, really? fil-a is hq'd in Atlanta so we got them EVERYWHERE... I have one on campus... it's ridiculous... the waffle fries... lemonade... brownies... everything is good there. :D

Mrs. Peel
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Miss Thang...if you are in Los Angeles get on over to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! :drool: :drool: Their Fried Chicken is bomb and well..so is everythang else.... :drool: wooooooo chile!

I'm low carb these days...but their grits I can't resist...and those waffles...worth clogging that artery..

Miss Thang
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:39 PM
wow, really? fil-a is hq'd in Atlanta so we got them EVERYWHERE... I have one on campus... it's ridiculous... the waffle fries... lemonade... brownies... everything is good there. :D

I heard that about Atlanta but up here in Philly/South Jersey there aint any except in the mall. Those waffle fries. :drool:

Cariaoke
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Miss Thang...if you are in Los Angeles get on over to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! :drool: :drool: Their Fried Chicken is bomb and well..so is everythang else.... :drool: wooooooo chile!

I'm low carb these days...but their grits I can't resist...and those waffles...worth clogging that artery..
is that the one where Miss Gladys owns a piece of... cuz there's one here in Buckhead... is it worth 3 months off my life to try their food?

Miss Thang, girl... that's why I'm scared to move. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bacardi
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:20 PM
KFC :woohoo:

I've never heard of Popeye's or Church's. Then again I live like an hours drive from the KY line, and I've seen some fairly old KFC's.... maybe that's why, KFC Sander's cornered the market around this area. :tape:

Bacardi
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Another thing, and I'm not asking to be racist or anything.... Why do they say black people love fried chicken and watermellons? :confused:

I'm white, and I love both fried chicken, watermellons and anything watermellon flavored! :drool:

lakeway11
Jul 8th, 2003, 06:04 PM
ahhh, the new watermellon Gatorade :bounce:

Venus Forever
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Considering there is no Popeye's or Church's near me, KFC is the one. :)

Barrie_Dude
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Churchs! :lick:

JonBcn
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:04 PM
I can never get enough KFC and they dont have it here :(

Mrs. Peel
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Another thing, and I'm not asking to be racist or anything.... Why do they say black people love fried chicken and watermellons? :confused:

I'm white, and I love both fried chicken, watermellons and anything watermellon flavored! :drool:

Honey...It is too bad they really truly don't teach American History in schools! It is a stereotype and sterotypes are usually used to demean, degrade or marginalize...while many blacks do enjoy watermelon and fried chicken (myself included and apparently many of your white counterparts) you have to have some context...these are foods that are culturally a part of black history of foods that were eaten in the south.....and...oh...should I bother? ::sigh::

SJW
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM
KFC....finger lickin good :drool:

Mrs. Peel
Jul 8th, 2003, 07:13 PM
is that the one where Miss Gladys owns a piece of... cuz there's one here in Buckhead... is it worth 3 months off my life to try their food?

Miss Thang, girl... that's why I'm scared to move. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Miss Cari...I don't know if Miss Gladys has a stake in Roscoe's..but if I could I would...because it is DAMN good...

it is worth the 3 months my friend...have a lil' Lisa's Delight to drink :drool:

Miss Thang
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Girl I love places like that. I love me some grits and waffles. Dayum I can't front. Fried Food! :drool:

Miss Thang
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:51 PM

Chile like any stereotype some of it true, some of it aint. Like I know not all white folk like TV dinners and Cheez Whiz. :cool:

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM
well shoot... lemme be bankhead bounce my ass to Buckhead...

I found the link and it's not roscoe's affiliated...

http://www.gladysandron.com/main.htm

lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd, I need to ragtop over there like now... whew...

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Chile like any stereotype some of it true, some of it aint. Like I know not all white folk like TV dinners and Cheez Whiz. :cool:
girl you left out... yoohoo... tee-hehehehehehe. :)

Miss Thang
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
girl you left out... yoohoo... tee-hehehehehehe. :)

My bad. :o

Miss Thang
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM
well shoot... lemme be bankhead bounce my ass to Buckhead...

I found the link and it's not roscoe's affiliated...

http://www.gladysandron.com/main.htm

lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd, I need to ragtop over there like now... whew...

Dayum! :drool:

MIDNIGHT TRAIN

Four southern fried jumbo chicken wings and one original waffle.

$8.24

No meat substitutions.

UNCLE RON'S

Three pieces of dark, southern fried chicken, served with two tasty Side Shows and one cornbread muffin.

$11.00

White meat for an additional $2.00. ~ Two breasts for an additional $4.00

VEGGIE SOUL

Four tasty Side Shows and one cornbread muffin.

$9.24

SOUTHERN SAUTEE

A sautéed selection of fresh broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, corn, zucchini and squash, all served over a bed of white rice.

$7.24

Add diced, boneless chicken breast for $2.00 extra.

SALMON CROQUETTES

Two salmon croquettes deep fried to a golden brown. Served with two slices of cinnamon raisin toast with peach butter and your choice of grits or House Potatoes.

$9.54

NEW FISH - N - GRITS

Catfish tenders fried to a golden brown served with grits and cinnamon raisin toast with our Georgia Peach Butter

$8.24

NEW CHICKEN TENDER PLATTER

Tender, deep fried chicken strips with French fries. Served with Honey mustard - $7.24. . . . or try them Buffalo style or our own Hot-n-Honey Sauce. - $8.24

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:17 PM
omg... I think I just developed diabetes reading all of that... :hearts:

Miss Thang
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:20 PM
omg... I think I just developed diabetes reading all of that... :hearts:

Unh huh. I'm goin to get my eat on. Later sista gurl! :wavey:

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM
peace out, girl! :wavey:

Sonja
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Lee's Chicken! We don't have one here but when I'm in St. Louis I ALWAYS get it!!

Cariaoke
Jul 9th, 2003, 04:28 PM
I totally forgot about Folk's. They have good southern food too. :D