PDA

View Full Version : Why I am proud to be a loyal WILLIAMS fan

TeeRexx
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:03 PM
The meltdown of Martna Hingis at the Aussie Open brought out some interesting events in the tennis world and on this board. Some fans of Hingis began to depart her as rats leaving a sinking ship. This after a loss in a close GS final.

In the meantime, WILLIAMS fans were stronger than ever even after SERENA was unable to compete at Oz and VENUS was eliminated in the quarter finals.
--
http://members.aol.com/venusserenaworld/images/venusserenatrophyusopen.jpg
---
Even though I would like for the Dynamic Duo to win more GS and Tier titles, I will continue to support them even when times are bad for them as it was in the first part of 2000. VENUS and SERENA are talented, attractive and intelligent people who you would like to support as a fan and to have as friend.

Those are some of my reasons for being a WILLIAMS fan. What about you?

Go SERENA!
Go VENUS !

QueenO
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Well Said Tee Rexx
<marquee>I'm always proud of our girls </marquee>

Venus and Serena are the BEST, look out French Open
FAN for LIFE:bounce:

Carlitos
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Very good formulation Tee Rexx!
I hope they will get well soon because I miss them very much on tour.Good luck for Venus and Serena at the French Open!

Go Venus and Serena!:kiss: :hearts:

Rubylips
Jan 28th, 2002, 01:52 AM
SO TRUE.A co-worker ask me the other day ,why the player's play so hard to beat ,the williams ,but when it comes to other's they play different.Karen said to her, ,it seems like they happy if the lose the final,as long as they go down as beaten a williams.?I never though of that, but it's sound good to me.

Volcana
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:49 AM
TeeRexx, you're whacking the Hingis fans when they're down. 48 hours after what had to be a devastating loss for them is not the time to expect blind, total loyalty.

Besides, we Williams fans have seen V & S win five GS titles since the last time Martina won one. It's easier for us to chill out when misfortune hits.

Jordan.
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Thank you Volcana.:sad:

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Volcana - I am not thrashing Hingis fans, I am stating my opinion. I liked VENUS and SERENA when I saw them play exhibitions as children and when they had initially turned pro and had won nothing and most "experts" said that they didn't have what it takes to be winners on the tour.
I like these two people because who they are and how they play rather than if they just had a GS win lately. I guess you weren't around in early 2000 when VENUS was out for 6 months and some really believed that she may not be able to play well or might actually retire. well, I was still a fan of hers during that time as well.
At least Hingis made it to the final at OZ. Williams fans should be the ones crying in their beers, not the Marti followers.

Martian KC
Jan 28th, 2002, 04:23 AM
I am no rat, I am just abit disappointed.:rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:01 AM
kc - I know you are no rat and I think I did say some fans. The word is a metaphor for those who abandon a cause during time of crisis.

moon
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:34 AM
I'm proud to be a fan of Venus and Serena because they are beautiful, on the inside and outside, and their beauty radiates and spreads to those around them.

They are well adjusted and smart, and they both kick ass on the tennis court. :)

It's a pleasure for me to cheer them on, no matter what the circumstances.

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:13 AM
I thoroughly disagree. I have to say that Martina's fans are incredibly loyal. We've had to have been to have gone what we've been through this past three years, but we keep going, it's hope that spurs us on. The glory supporters have now gone as there has been no real glory, only those who still belive and truly yearn for better days stay on, and still in large numbers. Eventually Martina will prove her insistent critics wrong, and we as fans can stop being so inanely oppressed, just because we are very depressed after a deeply heartbreaking loss. I think Martina fans on this board have shown great resolve. Some less so, but we can do without them, as we know our faith isn't blind faith.

The ship may be a way behind, but it damn well isn't sunk yet.

Anyway, stay loyal folks...
:bounce:

gorecki
Jan 28th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Nice one Joey! :wavey: :bounce: :wavey:

<font size=1> <B>we are afflicted in every way but not crushed
perplexed but not driven to despair
persecuted but not forsaken
constantly struck down but never destroyed</B>

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:02 AM
As a Williams fan, I am glad to just see my favs play well, because I feel that they will get more wins eventually. But more so, I am a fan of the players, not just their wins.

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:55 PM
:eek: Martians are invading Venus!! :eek: ;)

That said, I think that Williams fans are one of the most loyal fans around. Martina fans are very loyal as well!!

I shall always remain loyal to Venus and Serena!! :) :D :wavey:

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:16 PM
WR - Yes everyone seems to keep an eye on the fabulous WILLIAMS and their fans. :)
Probably trying to find out why we are so loyal and upbeat. :wavey:

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I think we should both (Hingis and Williams' fans) be proud that we're the most dominant and most committed fans of players on the board (no disrespect to other players fans, but this is my opinion).....

Right, can we go back to hating eachother now? ;) We're supposed to aren't we? :D :p

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 03:38 PM
JW - I will hate you if you don't change that disgusting avatar of Hingis that looks like she is puking her little guts out.

But, I do not think that any Williams fans hates any other fans because they are too busy focusing in on their fabulous favs. :)

destructo_girl
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by TeeRexx
The meltdown of Martna Hingis at the Aussie Open brought out some interesting events in the tennis world and on this board. Some fans of Hingis began to depart her as rats leaving a sinking ship. This after a loss in a close GS final. :p I think Hingis fans are loyal.Originally posted by Volcana
TeeRexx, you're whacking the Hingis fans when they're down. 48 hours after what had to be a devastating loss for them is not the time to expect blind, total loyalty.

Besides, we Williams fans have seen V & S win five GS titles since the last time Martina won one. It's easier for us to chill out when misfortune hits. I appreciate what you're saying, but again, there is still total loyalty.
And how long since Martina's last GS title makes no difference to my support for her.Originally posted by William_Rulez
Martians are invading Venus!!

That said, I think that Williams fans are one of the most loyal fans around. Martina fans are very loyal as well!!lol @ "Martians are invading Venus". Sorry, I don't usually come into your threads, but I saw a link, and then felt obligated to reply to Tee.
And thankyou for what you said about Martina fans. :)

And again, sorry to all you Williams fans, didn't mean to intrude on your territory.

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Lol, she's spitting out champagne cos she's not meant to drink it! That's what happened, she's not being sick! (she would have been if she'd have drunk all the champers in that bottle :p)

:fiery:

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:57 PM
JW - If Martina is your fav, I am quite sure that you can find a more flattering pic of her for your avatar than the spitting one that is currently displayed.
Use the one of her naked in the shower, that one is quite acceptable. :p ;)

Williams Rulez
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Oooo.... that... :o

moby
Jan 28th, 2002, 06:23 PM
that picture of marti is fine :p

TeeRexx
Jan 28th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Hmmm, I see we are starting to agree on something at last. ;) :p

Beige
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Not very original but it says it all: through thick AND thin.

Countdown to Wimby and US Open three-peats! :D

<EMBED SRC='http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=615980184/pagename=/RP/SHARE/soundclip.html/itemdescriptionid=1404930/disc=1/track=3/source=MP2/mpeg=2/mp2.mp2' VOLUME='90' HEIGHT='60' WIDTH='144' LOOP='infinite' AUTOSTART='true' HIDDEN='true' Pfont size='-2'Music>

Rubylips
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Iam a loyal williams fan.but if their not playing i root for ms.hingis.as i did this friday.So please stop the crap.

GogoGirl
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:34 AM
I am a loyal Williams' Sisters fan also. I watch tapes a lot.

If the sisters are not active on the tour, I just like to watch good tennis. I like to watch Monica, Justine, Kim, Jelena. Though Martina, Lindsey and Jennifer are not my favs, I still respect their talent and love to watch them compete.

It is almost torture though to go too long without seeing my Venus. "She's our fire and desire." And "She's got it."

Serena's also one tough biscuit. Gotta love them.

TeeRexx
Jan 29th, 2002, 03:53 AM
I like to watch other top players, but I need those tapes of VENUS and SERENA to get me through those dry spells when they are not playing. I need them converted to CD so I can watch them at work. ;) :wavey:

QueenO
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Is there a way to convert the VHS tapes to a DVD disk? I have so many tapes, it seems like I have a lot of matches but it's just too many tapes.

<marquee>Rock On Venus and Serena </marquee>

GrandSlammed
Jan 29th, 2002, 04:55 AM
ALWAYS up in The Williams Tennis Association, spying on Williams Fans.:rolleyes:

http://famousblackwomen2b.freehosting.net/williamssisters/BothSisters/BothWilliams_SisterlyBackToBack.jpg

moon
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:15 AM
I really don't understand the objections in this thread.
It was posted in the Williams forum, for WILLIAMS FANS.
I could understand if it was in General Messages or something, but it was meant to be read by Williams fans.

I've read some things that I've found a little objectionable in the Hingis forum, but it's a forum for her, so I just ignore it.

Jovon
Jan 29th, 2002, 05:40 AM
What moon said, both times!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Susie
Jan 29th, 2002, 06:51 AM
As long as it's kept sweet it's fine, if any sassing goes on, be sure my slapping hand will be ready *slap slap slap* hehehehehehehee *giggle*

<font size=5 color=hotblue>:bounce: GO WILLIAMS!!! :bounce: </font>

TeeRexx
Jan 29th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Yes, non Williams fans will come into our threads and sometimes bring their own negativity and other forms of harassment (note drop in rating stars), but I will continually focus on my favs and their great fans. :wavey: :bounce:

Williams Rulez
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:38 PM
:eek: Slapping hand... :eek:

TeeRexx
Jan 29th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Susie needs to have something else slapped ... real hard and often. :eek: :p :wavey:

MartianJoeyWinson
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:29 PM
I was just trying to be constructive and give another side to the opinion, it wasn't as if I was coming in here banging a drum going

HEAR YE HEAR YE, ALL CITIZENS OF THE WILLIAMS BOARD LISTEN TO MY OUTSPOKEN VIEWS! OYEZ! OYEZ!

I was just trying to get a decent well meaning debate going as well as keeping the good name of us Hingis fans.

don't slap me :(

Oh and before you do me for spying... I read most of the player forums on here anyway, cos I like to look at articles on players and pictures and stuff, so sorry if it looks like I'm spying... And I don't drop ratings stars, whoever is doing it on any players cheering thread is just being petty and childish, they should get rid of the stars anyway cos they are causing far too much argument.

there.

TeeRexx
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:49 PM
JW - Kid, you are WAY too sensitive. Look and write anywhere that you choose. No one would stop you even if they could. this Williams section is for fun and happiness.
Try some of it. :wavey:

But just one thing, PLEASE change that horrible avatar if Hingis is truly your fav. :eek: :p

GO SERENA!
GO VENUS!

Adios.

Susie
Feb 1st, 2002, 07:20 AM
Williams_Rulez ya seem shocked babe, you not had the experience of my slapping hand? :D

Tee! *slap* No CHEATING dinos are allowed to slap me :p

Joey, no need to take it so seriously, j/k with u ;) *friendly slap* *giggling* :)

Williams Rulez
Feb 1st, 2002, 01:58 PM
No I had no exprience of you slapping hand... :rolleyes: :p ;) :angel:

victory1
Feb 1st, 2002, 07:59 PM
Another faithful Williams fan checking in!:D Through thick in thin, Venus and Serena will always be number one in my eyes ;)

brickhousesupporter
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:05 PM
How did i miss this thread. :wavey:

Williams fan present and ready to smack down those who don't recognize.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

veronica
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:34 PM
I love V & S because:

1. They are living proof that you can acheive whatever you want through faith, hardwork & sheer determination.

2. They are inspiration to millions of kids living in poor, urban communities.

3. Tennis is for everyone, and they prove it!

4. They have the coolest mom - Ms Oracene.

5. They play with guts and Miss Venus has nerves of steel on the court.

6. They have the BEST tennis outfits.

7. They got where they are by their own means - proving there are many, many paths to the top. Every time I see Venus hoist the Wimby trophy I hear "I did it MY WAY" playing in the background.

8. They realize fully well that Tennis is only a game.

9. They are the most powerful tennis players yet remain the most feminine.

10. They have great earrings!

GO V & S!!!!!!

DO your THANG in 2002! :bounce:

MartianJoeyWinson
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:10 PM
owwww! ;)

I'm ok I am! I'm chilled! I just felt like speaking out a bit, that's all

P.S. TeeRexx.... I will change my avatar soon, but I'm considering about four different ones. I'm gonna use a new one each month I think, I like changing stuff round.

Veronica's quote
2. They are inspiration to millions of kids living in poor, urban communities.

Yeah, exactly. The LTA over here should take a leaf out of Richard Williams' book and start looking at the urban areas of Britain, and like what Richard said they should do, focus more on the ethnic minorities. Tennis here is so old fashioned - clubs are cliquey, expensive, not tolerant of juniors, and ran by white-middle class people. I hate that, the LTA have gotta open their eyes, it's a problem that has got to be solved, because in theory, they are just neglecting working class kids from ethnic backgrounds. It's like a hidden for of racism. You know I'm no fan, but I wholly respect that Venus and Serena are very influential and inspirational players, and that's fantastic for the game.

Anyway... I'll get off me soap box now.

TeeRexx
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:00 AM
Many people are closet WILLIAMS fans, but are unable to admit it as of yet.
But by continuing to come into the WTA section, they will soon see the light. :p :angel:

GO SERENA!!
GO VENUS!!

Williams Rulez
Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:33 PM
Thanks for your kind words JW... here's a kiss for you ;) :kiss:

TeeRexx
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:41 AM
I am really enjoying the era of VENUS and SERENA because when they leave the sport, it will be left very much lacking. ;)

Rubylips
Feb 5th, 2002, 07:56 PM
True dat ,TeeRexx.

TeeRexx
Feb 9th, 2002, 05:22 PM
VENUS and SERENA also have the best fans in sports.
They are all very intelligent and good looking. :) :angel:

Williams Rulez
Feb 9th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Of course!! :angel:

TeeRexx
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Because after witnessing that win by VENUS over Momo in the Paris semis, I know that I have the best fav player on earth!

GO VENUS!

Williams Rulez
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Go Venus!! Go Serena!! :bounce: :wavey:

Jordan.
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:10 PM
*Slaps everyone in this thread* Play nice!:fiery:
*slaps Susie two times*:eek: That means I love ya.:kiss: :hearts:

TeeRexx
Feb 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Williams fans sure know how to put those haters in their places.
Especially the stupid "Little Man". :eek: :wavey:

Susie
Feb 14th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Oops i didn't see this before Grrrrrrrr@Jordan! :p Oh how honoured i am to receive so much love *slap slap* :D

Oh let me return the favour pleez *slap slap slap slap slap* hehehehehehe :angel:

TeeRexx
Feb 14th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Ok, Susie, you little cheater, now it's time for me to give you a real slapping. :p

*Tee gets Susie as she leaves the shower, puts her over his knee, dips his hand in a bucket of ice water and begins to slap that ass* :eek:

SCHLAAAPPP!! SCHLAAAPPP!

Jordan.
Feb 16th, 2002, 07:54 PM
*Kisses Susie*Oops,I hope carot doesnt get mad at me.:eek: :rolleyes:

TeeRexx
Feb 16th, 2002, 08:48 PM
I am proud to be a Williams fan because I love to see the way VENUS puts those bagels on her opponets. ;) :wavey:

Williams Rulez
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:52 AM
LMAO :D

Jordan.
Feb 17th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Bagels are bad!!!:( Hey XIN.:wavey:

Williams Rulez
Feb 18th, 2002, 12:57 PM
:wavey: What are you doing here? :confused: ;)

nikita771
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:35 PM
I am dedicated to the Williams sister when they are winning and when they are losing. Sometimes when I see Venus not controlling her serve or pushing ball just out of bounds, I want to scream; however, she is still Venus. Good times, bad times - I will always be in their corner.

QueenO
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:49 PM
VENUS The GREAT

Venus is #1 in my HEART

TeeRexx
Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:26 AM
I love the fans of SERENA and VENUS almost as much as I love those two players.
I said almost. :p

Except for Moon. My humor twin is just about equal.
I said just about. :eek: :angel:

Jovon
Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:22 AM
Ahhhh TeeRexx, you are something special too!:)

Big props to ALL THE WILLIAMS FANS! WE HAVE HEART AND COURAGE JUST LIKE ARE FAVS AND WE DONT TAKE NO SH*T!(will most of the time) :p

Venus and Serena ROCK!:eek:

moon
Feb 22nd, 2002, 04:28 AM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: to all the Williams fans,

and a great big:kiss: for you Tee Rexx. :D

WilliamzX2
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:44 PM
I love Venus because she has the heart and courage of a beautiful lioness!!!

I love Venus because she is style, grace and beauty.

I love Venus because she plays tennis like it's nobody's business.. on court she fights with dogged determination and never give up.

I love Venus because she is intelligent, witty and give excellent interviews.

I love Venus because she shows much love and respect for her parents and family.

I love Venus because she's Venus..she has an undefinable quality about her that's distinctive and radiates from her only.

I love Serena because she is fire!!!

I love Serena because of that amazing serve, speed and agility.

I love Serena because she is Venus's little sister and I see the great love they have for each other.

I love Serena because she's a fighter.

I love Serena because she's a little more volunerable than Venus and needs our support.

I love Serena because when she's on she can beat almost anyone except Venus 6-0 6-0.

I love Oracene because she's the mother of my two favs and what an excellent job she's done with them!!! Bravo Oracene!!

NOW FOR RICHARD.....

he's smart, he's funny, eccentric... he LOVES his kids..
and when I see the GREAT love and respect that VENUS and SERENA have for him I know he's done right by them always..

I love and support both girls win, lose or draw!!!!

never die fan!

Williams Rulez
Feb 25th, 2002, 12:14 PM
No that Venus has become number 1... I've even more reason to be proud! :D

TeeRexx
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:14 PM
I am proud to be a WILLIAMS fan because one of my two favorite players is now officially No.1 in the world!!

Congrats VENUS!!

Jovon
Feb 27th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Alright Venus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VENUS IS THE BEST, SIMPLY BETTER THAN THE REST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hearts:

TeeRexx
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the previous props, Jovon. :)

I love to watch SERENA or VENUS beat up little Chucky as SERENA did today in Scottsdale. :eek: :p

Becool
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:26 AM
I Love Serena and Venus, cause they really know how to SHUT the haters' MOUTH!!!! :p

Like happen today :)

GO SERENA WINS TOMORROW!

Williams Rulez
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:38 AM
Martina will win easy... hmmm... ;) :D :p

TeeRexx
Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:24 PM
i will be even prouder when SERENA takes down Chunky again. :eek: :p

TeeRexx
Mar 7th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Because neither SERENA nor VENUS played at Indian Wells this year.
And hopefully, never will play at that event. :mad:

CanadianBoy21
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:20 AM
I am proud because they are confident, etc....
lots of things to name.

By the way, please vote for Venus and Serena, I don't want to see chucky win..... sure there is more then 15 Williams fans.
PLEASE, lol

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12751

Williams Rulez
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:09 AM
Yes!! Vote vote vote!! :bounce:

CanadianBoy21
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:52 AM
lol, thanks Williams_Rulez...
I am shocked Chucky is winning :eek:
oh well, it's probably anyways only her boyfriends that are voting for her.

ANYWAYS

Williams sisters will dominate tennis the rest of the year, and win the next 15 slams and be #1 & #2
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oh I am sure of it.
I am also a proud Williams fan, because they kick ass and usually win. They are also great role models, they show determination, preserverence(sp?), etc...

CanIGetAWhat
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:31 AM
i'm proud to be a VENUS and serena fan because:

*they're very proud of who they are and their lives don't revolve around tennis like the majority of most tennis players
*they're well rounded individuals and they're honest
*they speak their minds and never say a bad word about anyone even if their opponents try to drag them into the argument. *they're very diplomatic and know where they're going in life
*they continually shut their detractors everytime (Queen Venus will three peat at Wimbledon and the US Open ;))
*i love the power game, it's so exciting watching winners fly by their opponents
*i love their athleticisim, reach, serves, determination, attitudes and their outfits

and lastly, i'm a fan because both of them are ALWAYS the heavy favorites to win any tournament they enter, hehe (it's so gratifying to see them win when others don't give them a chance in hell, and at the end of the tournament, there's always those predictable negative threads about them...there ain't no such thing as bad publicity, huh?) and most of the time, they always live up to that potential :)

i would love it if Venus and Serena win every single tournament they enter from now on until 2010 :D i want a Williams DOMINATION week in and week out.

(i'm not a very good venus/serena fan :o:o:o 'cuz i don't defend them when someone (like QueenLindsay) puts them down. i just don't want to waste time responding to trash)

Williams Rulez
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Canigetawhat, not responding to thrash doesn't make you a bad fan. In fact, it is good cause we don't feed the trolls and feed the hate ;) :D

You are the kind of fan Infiniti has been telling us to be! :bounce: :bounce:

Ntosake
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:48 AM
This is my 100th post, and I thought it fitting that it should be registered here in the best fan forum on this board, the Williams Tennis Association!:)

After all, they are my favs and the reason why I am here, and they and their fans are simply THE BEST!

GO WILLIAMS!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Williams Rulez
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Hehe... that's very cool Ntosake :)

I must remember to post my 4000th post here ;)
If my memory don't fail me... ;)

Ntosake
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Thanks, Williams_Rulez,

4000th post, WOW!:eek:

Maybe if I notice it, I'll help you to remember, too! tee-hee.:)

TeeRexx
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:56 PM
WR - I will be looking for that classic post as well. ;)

Becool
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM
WOW!!! Go Xin :)

Geez... :rolleyes:
Indian Wells is really sucking this year....

Hope Miami comes faster as possible!!!!! :bounce:

I can't wait to see Serena and Venus again :)

Miranda
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:28 AM
hello everyone :wavey: and special hi to TeeRexx :p coz he gets to our Selestials thread and so I come here to say hello :wavey:

Yes Venus is the best :) but I like Serena a bit more :)

Williams Rulez
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:19 AM
:wavey: Miranda!

TeeRexx
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Sweet Miranda is one of my hot babes. :eek: :p

That is another reason why I am proud to be a Williams fan.
Women are attracted to you like a magnet because they know you have great taste in ladies. :eek: ;)

mentos
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:37 PM
:wavey: Greetings to each and every Williams Sisters fans in WTA cyberland.

I'm a new poster and a devout Venus and Serena fan, so, I thought it fitting to make my first post on the WTA (Williams Tennis Association) fansite, and in this thread in particular.

Here are the reasons why I’m a loyal fan:

They’re intelligent, sincere, well-rounded, role-model-type young ladies…and yes, terrific tennis players to boot.

Furthermore, their closeness reminds me so much of the relationship I share with my own sister, and how fortunate we are to have one another.
I love to watch Venus and Serena play doubles, their bond is even more evident—-always whispering and laughing about something.

They’re truly special!

mentos

Ntosake
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Hello Miranda,:wavey:

Welcome aboard, mentos!:wavey:

TeeRexx
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:53 PM
VENUS receiving the February Player of the Month Award makes me proud to be a fan as well. :wavey: :wavey: :cool:

victory1
Mar 22nd, 2002, 07:13 PM
Everytime Venus and Serena steps on court, I do believe with all my heart they are the best!;) Mentally sometimes Rena let herself down, never me because I'm always proud of them, but not lately, I think Serena took Venus advice to heart, "a true champion always close out their matches during crunch time!"

Venus and Serena rocks!!!!:bounce:

TeeRexx
Mar 27th, 2002, 08:22 PM
I am proud because I enjoy watching SERENA make Swiss Bagels!!

QueenO
Mar 28th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Miranda :wavey:

TeeRexx
Apr 15th, 2002, 12:17 AM
SERENA makes March 2002 Player of the Month.
VENUS stages one of the greatest combacks that I have ever seen at the 2002 Bausch & Lomb Championships.

TeeRexx
Jun 12th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Because they are now #'s 1 and 2 in the whole world!
And that Roland Garros awards ceremony was terrific!

Couver
Jun 13th, 2002, 03:22 AM
What a great thread.

You know I used to just watch tennis from time to time. I had some old faves when I was young like Gabby. But Venus & Serena just got my attention and really pulled me into the sport. Now I am hooked, especially on the Majors. They even got me playing tennis :)

They are great examples of what champions should be. Proud, Strong, Kind, and so much more. They endured so much hardship and now it's paying off.

GO WILLIAMS

Ntosake
Jul 6th, 2002, 11:14 PM
....lest we all forget.

Becool
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Im proud to see be a Williams fan cause I know that can be a winner this week, but there's always a next week. :wavey:

TeeRexx
Jul 15th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Great post, Joy.
I usually don't go in for the idea of athletes being role models for children, because that is the job of parents, family members or very close friends of the family.

But VENUS and SERENA can definitely be good secondary role models for all children, especially VENUS.

TeeRexx
Aug 12th, 2002, 01:29 PM
*bump*