PDA

View Full Version : How to make the WTA *the* top sport

WarriorDL
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Wouldn't it be interesting if they started "feuds" between the ladies, kinda like what they do with the "Pro" wrestling? Ya know... give them story lines, etc?

I think it'd be hilarious.

It'd sure tune fans in, that's for sure. Least *I* think it would :p

Linton
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:40 AM
Yes

it would be

disposablehero
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:42 AM
nudity

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:44 AM
I second that motion

Jordan.
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:46 AM
Yeah,that would be fun!Have naked matches and other Billie vs. Bobby type matches.:eek:

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 02:49 AM
errr Jordan, I think that an Anna vs Babsi or Jelena vs Elena Dementieva would definitely attract more people.

If I saw BJK and Bobby naked I would feel depressed :o

Eza
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fingon
errr Jordan, I think that an Anna vs Babsi or Jelena vs Elena Dementieva would definitely attract more people.

If I saw BJK and Bobby naked I would feel depressed :o [/QUOTE

I think I would feel so much better about myself.:p

CanadianBoy21
Feb 16th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Have a tournament called WTA Summerslam, WHO CARES 'bout French Open and Wimbledon, get players to skip that event and play(or better act) this pay per view event that would be worth a lot in prize money, and every players gets bonus for exceptional acting.

Get the top eight most interesting players to play, most popular ones.

Draw

1. Venus
8. Kim

3. Martina
7. Monica

4. Lindsay
5. Serena

6. Anna
2. Jennifer
(of course there should be also Amelie, Justine, etc..., but for first year, this is good enough).

Venus against Kim
the match starts off with Kim aka The Beglian Hurricane Versus Venus aka the Goddess, The Belgian Hurrican serving first.
(Commentators, the Mac Bitch(John Mcenroe), The Witch(Chris Evert).
The Mac Bitch- uh oh, The Belgian Hurricane is swiching the balls, and The Goddess is not aware of the Happenings, they look like dead balls, what is she doing?
The Witch- I pick Martina to win

--Venus realizes what Kim has done, so she grabs Kim by the hair on the change over and smashes her head on the post, Kim hits Venus with a racket over the head, Venus does a high kick, and Kim reteliates with a high split high kick manoveur, Venus takes Kim and trows her on the other side, the ref calls for time.
The crowd using obscene language.
Kim hits a smash at Venus, Venus comes back with a swing volley attack. The ref goes for the count, 1, 2, Kim kick out..........

......................If you want to you can finish this match or start another one, ;)

Show your :fiery:

Jordan.
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:03 AM
I didnt mean to see them naked.Pfffff....:rolleyes:

Sal U. Lite
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:36 AM
Instead of playing boring tiebreakers, they should play MUD-WRESTLING tiebreakers. The fans will constantly cheer during every set: "take it to a tiebreaker!"

After the mud-wrestling tiebreaker, just hose the ladies off, and start the next set!

:angel:

Fingon
Feb 16th, 2002, 05:39 AM
the time the wta introduces the slightest resemblance with wrestling is the time women tennis is over for me, I can't think of anything more stupid and fake than wresling.

Superhero, they tried that, it was called GrandSlam Cup, and you know what? it didn't work :eek:

veryborednow
Feb 16th, 2002, 10:12 AM
The Witch- I pick Martina to win

LMAO @ Superhero = so funny! so true ...

CanadianBoy21
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:36 AM
Fingon, I know there was a Grand Slam cup two years ago just after the Us Open, and that it was prize money, like $ 500.000, and it didn't have anything to do with rankings, but was their fighting or something like that? lol, can't remember, I know that Venus beat Martina 9-7 in the third (:eek: ), and that Serena beat Lindsay in the other semis, and then Serena beat Venus in three in the finals...

Don'r know why they canceled it :confused: , it was fun :)

~RedRose~
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Most player wouldnt play naked ... i propose a bikini tennis tournament!!

Ted of Teds Tennis
Feb 17th, 2002, 02:54 AM
What do you mean most players wouldn't play naked? Look at the outfits they're wearing now! :p

The reason they cancelled the Grand Slam Cup was that it was originally for the men and the sponsor of that side of the event cancelled it. When the ATP got their stupid idea that is the current ranking system, they incorporated the Grand Slam Cup into the Masters, which is how Ivanisevic qualified.

--Ted
Chair Umpire at AO Final: "Miss Capriati has called for the fucking referee."

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Right Ted......the women were fine, except they were just there because of the men :o

Those matches were usually exciting and attended to by all the players invited - unlike the men.

Monica_Rules
Feb 17th, 2002, 12:23 PM
ROTFLMFAO@ Superhero

I have to say that is one of the most funniest things i have ever heard!:D

CC
Feb 17th, 2002, 05:32 PM
"Chair Umpire at AO Final: "Miss Capriati has called for the fucking referee."

Too funny Ted!
:D :D