PDA

View Full Version : my wimbledon report:)

irma
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:14 AM
my report;)

I went to england on monday wich was already a great experience since I never went by plane before. for a person who likes to dream there is nothing better then going through the clouds;)
henmania is even worse in england then you can imagine when you only watch the BBC two weeks a year, even on the metrostations they have huge statues of henman and play a commercial with him on a huge screen all day long. I saw a little bit of tennis on the bbc that day. andre looked so sad in the interview:(
on tuesday we first went to watch michaela krajicek. she is great but still a bit inconsistent and her movement is not that great either yet. you can hear that she gets in problems when she has to run since she starts to grunt very loud. she played on court 9 so next to the practice court so I also watched a little bit of venus practicing, when serena came to practice, it started to rain. We went to museum during that time wich was interesting, but in my opinion pretty small (but maybe I missed something)
after that we went to heman hill watching venus-lindsay but that was not interesting so I went back to continue watching michaela and I had a nice seat there with an eye on the scoreboard of court 1 so I could see how kim was doing. when both won the third set 6:1, we went to court 2 and watched hantu/ullyett against sequara/kerr. that was a crappy match. I can tell hantu doesn't look as bad as on some pics but her tennis was aweful. she alone decided the whole match. it looked like she wanted to be somewhere else really soon
after that there was a mixed match suarez/bhupathi- spears/palmer that still needed to be finished. that match was great. they really had fun on court and there were some great shots. then it took some while before nav arrived. I think kutznetskova had not finished her match against justine yet. people know I can't stand nav but even I can't deny she has an appearance around her. it was again a great match where all 4 (the other players were bedanova/voracova) had a lot of fun on court.
hantu made me realize how important that is;).
overall it was a great day and trip. we got lost in London a few times(we couldn't find the hotel and walked around for 2 hours while it's 5 minutes from the metrostation when you know the way, but then that's a habbit of my family;))

Kuilli
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:38 AM
Thanks, irma! :) Good to hear you had fun! :D

jmp
Jul 3rd, 2003, 09:51 AM
Irma, thanks for the report! I think it's so exciting for you to be in England during Wimbledon!! I liked reading about all the matches and practice you got to see. I got a real chuckle out of Henmania and the lost family wondering around the streets for two hours. :D I can relate!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks a lot for your story... :D Will you Angie's match? :wavey: BTW, I have noticed that 2 Dutch boys - Jesse Hutagalung and Romano Tatuhey - have you ever seen them on court? How are they playing? Their last names are Indonesian names...Hutagalung is common Batak family name while Tatuhey is common family name in Molucca isles...I know, there are Moluccan descendants living in Holland...My dad's auntie married to a Dutch man a long time ago and I have 2 ooms in Holland! Daaag, Irma...Enjoy Wimby! BTW, do you like "Nasi Goreng"? Yum... :wavey: :bounce:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:55 AM
Irma, I just love you :kiss:

Great report :D

jindrich77
Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks a lot :)

Libertango
Jul 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM
I know, I've been in England these last two weeks and have seen/heard enough of Henman to last me a lifetime! :mad: :( ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jul 4th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks! :worship: :D

YSL
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Great report irma! Thanks for sharing and glad you had a good time :)

King Aaron
Jul 7th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks, it's a great report. :)