PDA

View Full Version : Will Martina become the crowd's favourite????

Martian Mel
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:44 AM
The commentator said yesterday:Martina will probably become the crowdfavourite at the Grand Slams!They all feel very sorry for her and they really want to see her win because of all what has happpenend in the past. What do you guys think?Has Martina stolen the hearts of tennisfans and does everybody wants her to win????

Isanie
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:54 AM
well I think yes, you see a lot of Williams, Lindsay and even Jenny fans that felt deeply sorry about what happened yesterday. Seeing Hingis crying like that and then giving such a classy speech, wow, that is not an easy thing to do when she was completely heartbroken, when she IS still heartbroken.. so people can feel that, no as much as she does of corrs ;) but, they can feel it. She is good for tennis and tennis needs her to win another big one, so yes... she might have won so many more fans, or maybe those who used to hate her will appreciate her as a player a little bit more. I have to say, I never cried when a fave of mine in any sport lost, not even when Hingis lost the FO in 1999, and that was a dramatic match. Last night seeing her playing so great and almost wining it, and suddenly throwing the match away, I just couldn't help it and I cried... more 'cause I felt so sorry for her :sad: .

AjdeNate!
Jan 27th, 2002, 01:56 AM
My first reaction is yes. My brother, a casual fan - has just become the #1 fan of Martina Hingis after watching her match last night. He always was fond of her, but not her biggest supporter, but now after seeing her resolve and grit even though she lost, he wants her to win the next 3 slams this year. He really loves her now.

irma
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I think so especially after people saw how she struggled with her emotions after the match today. I expect the french crowd to support her this year when she would reach the final except when she would play Monica or Amelie!

saki
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:27 AM
Yeah, I think so. You just have to look at the reaction of fans on this board. So many fans of other players have really warmed to Martina because of this final.

hugetennisfan
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:17 AM
In Australia, yes. Not sure about other locations.

jomar
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Marti is developing into a classy Champion and I should be a proud fan for that.:angel: :bounce: :kiss: