PDA

View Full Version : The Injury?

mauresmofan
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Any news on Momos injury?

Sonja
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:51 PM
I've heard all of NOTHING. I expect we'll hear something soon, as they'll start talking Fed Cup shortly.

mauresmofan
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks Sonja - I'm sure it won't be long. I saw your Lina play doubles today against V&S she's quite the player - very good serve!

YSL
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:13 AM
Life is so dull when she's not playing.. :(

Lapin
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Haven't heard any news except someone on the official site met Loic at a tournament somewhere in France. They asked him about Amélie and he just said she's in the south (of France) at the moment.

Linnie
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Now this is scary :eek: Just looked at her player profile on the WTA website, and just for this year:

January - Withdrew from Sydney and Australian Open due to right knee cartilage inflammation aggravated in October 2002

February - Returned to action at Paris Indoors after nearly four months off due to right knee carilage inflammation; reached final with 60 60 SF win over Dementieva for her first shut-out on the tour; l. to No. 1 seed S. Williams; withdrew from Antwerp due to left adductor strain sustained in practice week before Paris Indoors; semifinalist at Dubai (defending champion), retiring to Seles trailing 36 2-2 due to a right adductor strain

March - Seeded No. 5 at Indian Wells, reached QF (scheduled to play No. 4 seed and former world No. 1 Davenport), but was forced to withdraw from tournament due to an acute throat infection; seeded No. 8, reached 4r at Miami, l. to No. 12 seed Rubin

April - Helped French Fed Cup team d. Colombia 5-0 in 1r; seeded No. 2 and leading No. 1 seed V. Williams 67(6) 60 3-0, won Warsaw final when Williams retired due to an abdominal strain (Williams won their previous five matches)

May - As world No. 6 and No. 5 seed, reached German Open SF, falling to world No. 4, No. 3 seed and eventual tournament champion Henin-Hardenne; seeded No. 4 (world No. 6), had back-to-back wins over No. 5 seed and former world No. 1 Capriati and No. 1 top-seed S. Williams, before l. to No. 2 seed (world No. 2) Clijsters in Italian Open final 36 76(3) 60; seeded No. 5, reached Roland Garros QF, l. to world No. 1 top-seed S. Williams

June - Seeded No. 3, l. 2r at ’s-Hertogenbosch to Rittner; withdrew from Wimbledon due to a rib muscle injury (right side) incurred from fall in 2r at ’s-Hertogenbosch vs. Rittner

April and May were the only months so far with no ailments ;) Let's hope the second half of the season stays that way :angel: :)

Linnie
Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:03 PM
Here's something - from French Yahoo (babblefish translation ;))

Thursday July 3, 2003, 16h45

Fed Cup: Cohen-Aloro, Dechy, Loit and Mauresmo counter Spain

PARIS (Reuters) - Guy Forget, the captain of the team of France of tennis, retained Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro, Nathalie Dechy , Emilie Loit and Amélie Mauresmo , to dispute the quarterfinals of the Fed Cup against Spain, announces Thursday an official statement of the French Federation.

The meeting will take place July 19 and 20.

Amélie Mauresmo will join again on this occasion with the competition, which she had stopped after her defeat with the second turn of the tournament of Den Bosch. Suffering from a tear intercostale, she had then announced her fixed price in Wimbledon.

:angel:

Lindsayfan
Jul 9th, 2003, 08:18 AM
french team will start their training for Fed Cup today in Biarritz.Probably Amelie is there too! :)

Bette_Midler
Jul 9th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Biarritz :drool: :hearts: :lick:

Lindsayfan
Jul 9th, 2003, 07:24 PM
LOL@gabrielle!

Is Amelie supposed to have a home there?!or she's staying at Guy's home like last summer? ;)

Sonja
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Just a guess but I'll bet she's staying with Guy.

Linnie
Jul 10th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Found this on the official forum - thanks to Socrate (Babblefish translation :tape: )

The INFORMATION of L'Equipe June 27, 2003:
The TEAM OF FRANCE of Fed Cup, which must face Spain with Oviedo 19 and next 20 July, will meet Wednesday 9 in Biarritz for a mini-training course of preparation. The players will be placed in a hotel very close to the residence which their captain Guy Forget has. "One will entrainera oneself on the courts of the BO (Biarritz Olympique) explains it. At home, I have a room of muscu where we will be able to work and there is a wood with two steps of the house to go to run... " The troop will travel then towards Galice (400 km), Sunday 13, so, of peafiner the adjustments on the place of the meeting.