PDA

View Full Version : How many more?

Blazedboy
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Isn't it weird to think that Jen Cap has three grand slam singles titles, the same number as Lindsay Davenport!!? this time a year and a half ago she had none! who do you think will end up with more grand slam sinlges titles in their career? Lindsay or Jen?

shirley
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:55 PM
They'll both get the same amount, I can't pick I like both players.

veryborednow
Jan 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
I like both players, but Lindsay has been playing non-stop since she was a teenager, whereas Jen had time off and therefore could be more driven to succeed and reach her potential - and win more slams...

You saw Lindsay's reaction to being no. 1 - she's been there and done that, jen is hungry to stay there for as long as possible. I think we saw that yesterday.

i_like_tennis
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:16 PM
GO LINDSAY....
hopefully Kim will win her 1st soon though..:)

DA FOREHAND
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Lindsay's grand slam trophy resume looks more impressive, even though they have the same total.

E. Blackadder
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:23 PM
I hope Jen

controlfreak
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Neither player will win another.

rottweily
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Neither player will win another.

yup

alfajeffster
Aug 5th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Well, if they have to play each other, we know who usually comes out on top in that match-up!

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:39 PM
well i don't think either will slam again, but davenport can win more close matches these days. but i think we know not to forget about jenn... so it's up in the air. certainly if the sisters leave and 1 and 2 are belgians, they can get more titles... but its hard to envision.

AjdeNate!
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
and this thread was dug back up from 2002 because....... ???

faboozadoo15
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:48 PM
i dont know... maybe bc its way more improbable for either to win a slam

i_like_tennis
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:01 PM
and this thread was dug back up from 2002 because....... ???
i just think this might be the last US Open for
either to win one, Lindsay is married, and Jen
sure aint getting any younger, or better.......

magassi
Aug 5th, 2003, 08:06 PM
If anyone of these two will win a slam (and that's a big IF), it's Jenn. Jenn plays the top players more closely than Lindsay, moves better, has more competitive fire, etc. People forget that this year, Lindsay has beaten as many top ten players as Jenn has (that's not too many). But I agree, that the sun seems to setting on both...