PDA

View Full Version : Why did Marti lose?

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I'm not even going to pretend that marti lost because jenn was overpowering her. jenn wasnt.

the following reasons are all applicable?
so which is the main reason for marti's loss?

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:46 PM
close call between choke and jenn outlasting her.

but i went for the latter because marti had a chance in the third and she just wasnt there.

kudos to jenn.

Smash
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:31 PM
I think the girl was on the verge of a heat stroke. The pressure of the atch points plus feeling well did martina in. I think that is why Martina got so defensive in herplay. I'm sure in the 2nd set she felt it coming on. She had heat illness in Sydney and I don't think her body had time to get over it. It takes time to get over heat illness plus she played alot more matches than Jen did. It took a toll on her body. I've for one am very disappointed in Moitor, she should have stepped in a pulled Martina out. From the symptoms Martina said she had during the match, it's obvious she wa in serious trouble, Martina couldn't even think straight. After the football player dying this season from heat exhaustion, you'd think people would be more aware of the dangers. One good thing is that martina did prove she could compete with the big girls. Just get better Martina, and we'll see you lifting a slam trophy soon enough. Molitor had better have gotten martina to a doctor. I'm very concerned as you can tell. Hell, even Jen said she could tell Martina was really sick. Somebody should have stepped in. Martina wasn't thinking straight and sometimes you have to yank stubborn players like her off the court.

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:33 PM
OMG :eek:

i didnt know marti was that sick...

where's the interview?