PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to Jennifer

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to show appreciation for one of the greatest players of the game Jennifer Capriati for winning her third Grand Slam final.

I don't think I have ever seen a tennis player more determined, passionate and fearless to win a match since Martina Navratilova.

Jennifer you rock girl and keep on winning!!!!!!

Tammy
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:45 PM
congrats to jen on a well fought and deserved match :D

the_ancyent_marinere
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:59 PM
RIGHT ON!:wavey:

thefreedesigner
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:59 PM
With that win (three out of last five) many people - myself included - will be seeing Capriati as a dominating GS player over the next 2/3 years.

I was really pleased for Jennifer when she won, to prove all her critics wrong, to come through and all that.

It's just hard y'know, everytime I have to think about who she beat to do it. :(

veryborednow
Jan 26th, 2002, 03:01 PM
It's great to see that she proved doubters wrong. I can't even begin to understand how she managed to save 4 championship points ... It's just unbelievable, she's got such a big heart and fighting spirit that if she can keep up fitness I agree, she will dominate many a grand slam in years to come.

WELL DONE JEN!!!

tia clara
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Like the song from "Damn Yankees "says , "Ya' Gotta Have Heart !" and by golly, Jennifer Capriati has heart, and then some. It my not have been pretty, and had some bad moments on both sides, but as good as Hingis is, sheer determination and grit brought Jennifer through.

I really thought they might both have to throw up on the courts, they were suffering so badly. and how they managed to play some of the shots in that third set, I'll never understand. But two gritty players gave us a match for the ages, IMO> And I thank them both.

JCAPfan
Jan 26th, 2002, 08:01 PM
<b>
<font color="pink">
My baby Jenny has done it again!! Can't explain how happy I am!! Her determination and fighting spirit are so strong!!! Keep on going all the way in 2002!!! </font>
</b>

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Jakeev
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:12 AM
In the conditions Jennifer and Martina had to play in, I am not sure how any other player could have handled the situation. Pure brilliance on both player's part for enduring one probably the toughest Grand Slam final ever played by women.

argentino
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:33 AM
THANK´S JENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE A GREAT CHAMPION AND YOU SHOWED TO ALL PERSONS WITH DUDE , WHAT YOU ARE A GREAT CHAMPION AND THE REAL NUMBER ONE IN THIS MOMENT
GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!:wavey:
kisses:kiss:
argentino:bounce:

argentino
Jan 27th, 2002, 02:36 AM
can somebody send me a jenny photo with a autograph? please!!!!
is for my mother
thank´s
argentino

Keith
Jan 27th, 2002, 03:57 AM
Jen deserves this. She is such a competitor. I dont know how anyone can ever doubt her talent- It is rare to see a champion with so much will. Fearless and Amazing.

Double Fault
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:14 AM
What a performance. That's the first time for 113 years a player has won a match from so many match points down in the final of a Slam. I read that somewhere!

I don't know how they played in such extreme heat. Jennifer never knows when she is beaten, that much is for sure.

:)Congratulations Jennifer Capriati:)

Sal U. Lite
Jan 27th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Congratulations to Jennifer Soprano-Capriati.;)

Keep being yourself, Jen! I like your feistiness and SMACKDOWN personality!
:bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:05 PM
As much as a Jen fan as I am, I have to admit that Martina worked her butt off out there as well. It took a lot of guts and heart for her to hang in as well as she did. But, Jennifer was not about to give up though! She was the one with more fumes in her tank and, truth be known, they where both on empty at the end of the match! Hats off to both young ladies!

jomar
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:06 PM
that's very well-said Barrie_Dude!

congrats Jenn and jenn fans!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

dabald
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:46 PM
GO JEN, YOU ARE NUMBER ONE! LOVE YA!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

apoet29
Jan 27th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Jennifer was truly amazing. She demonstrated that even when a person is down and out, they should never give up fighting. This match should serve as an inspiration to Jennifer and other player throughout the season that a match isn't over until you or your opponent is declared the winner.

Now, if we could just do something about Jennifer's bad temper?! ;)

IcePrincess
Jan 28th, 2002, 05:00 AM
What a courageous performance from Jennifer!

Bravo!:bounce:

GoJennifer
Jan 30th, 2002, 02:34 PM
That was a HISTORIC championship match!

Congratulations Jennifer !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Keith
Jan 30th, 2002, 09:52 PM
And the genorosity shown by Jen to her friend Danny really put some tears in my eyes.

She really stands tall with a good head on her shoulders!

c2
Jan 30th, 2002, 11:07 PM
:D REALLY, really superb match. I recorded and watched it twice! Jenn was awesome out there. I can't help but think her confidence will go up having fought off all those championship points... what a great, great, great match. Women's tennis rules....
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

JuliaKS
Jan 31st, 2002, 01:49 AM
Well,Jen is simply the best.
She is the one and only number one...and will this be 4ever.
I hope she`ll play many more years,and even she`ll stop playing tennis,she`ll be always my favourite player and Number 1.
I`m proud to be a fan of such a great and exceptional person.

C`mon Jen...YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

Jakeev
Jan 31st, 2002, 10:25 AM
Gosh its great to see all the Jenny fans in full force. Now if everyone else could overlook the fact she is not perfect and enjoy her tennis talents she would gain even more respect for the great tennis player she really has been all along.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:36 PM
Tia, you do know that Jennifer was born in New York? And, her performance at the finals at Oz brings to mind another saying from a famous New Yorker, Yankee great Yogi Berra, who was quoted as saying: "It Ain't Over Til It's Over!" :bounce:

i_like_tennis
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:27 PM
cool...:)

DA FOREHAND
Aug 5th, 2003, 07:30 PM
What a diff. 18 months make.

Jakeev
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:05 PM
What a diff. 18 months make.

Yes and especially that a big jackass had to figure that out all by itself........... :rolleyes:

*abby*
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:11 PM
wow thanx for bringin this thread up i wasnt around when it was started its great to see all the support for our laydee and not that much as actually changed DA FOREHAND she still fights to the bitter end and keeps goin.this threads a great example of what a fab player she is.keep up the good work jenny ready for flushing meadows.i love u!!!! :kiss: