PDA

View Full Version : Martina's speech at the trophy presentation

hugetennisfan
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Would someone be able to post it or paraphrase or tell me something about it? I heard it was really nice and classy, but unfortunately espn didn't show it (no surprise there).

Sorry if it's posted somewhere else, I'd love to see the link.

Thanx, in advance!

hugetennisfan
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Sorry, I found it in another forum...

marlin
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:04 PM
please post it still. it's the only thing in the finals i want to hear about.

still :sad: for you, marti...

hugetennisfan
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:49 PM
by way of joaco, in the general messages

Martina's speech (for the ones who could see it...

Martina said on her speech... "well, today I think I'm overwhelmed with feelings, I mean... Jennifer played those match points great, maybe if I'd had the heineken beer I would have won that final point (joke & laughter) (she sighs) Once again I had a wonderfull time a great tournament and thanks everyone for coming out and watching the match. Well I had a tought surgery, and I had a great comeback winning a tournament last week, and this wasn't in my expectations. I don't know if I should be happy for today or be crying But I have to look forward (what a great champion). We're gonna have many more finals here and I hope to get revenge. Thank you also to my mom, your support, you're wonderfull, Anthony ( ) and my doctor back home. This is overwhelming, thank you very much"

APLAUDE, APLAUDE

the cat
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:36 AM
A first class speach from a first class woman! Especially when you consider how losing that match much have hurt her.

marlin
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:49 AM
oh my God... marti, i wish i were as brave as you... :sad:

thanks hugetennis fan :)

<font size=6 face="Rage Italic">you inspire me a lot, martina hingis..</font>

jomar
Jan 27th, 2002, 12:38 PM
That's our Marti!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss:

hugetennisfan
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:40 AM
No problem, marlin. :)