PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Williams and Cap fans

Tammy
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:31 AM
I just want to say thanks to all of those (whom we are usually at odds with) for being good about marti's loss and being supportive as well :) especially a certian few williams fans (you know who you are:) )

.. i must say i am somewhat suprised at all the support they are giving because i remember more than a few instances when (a certian few) williams or cap fans rub it in..

.. thanks for showing us all ur class :)

AjdeNate!
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:33 AM
It seems that as far back as when Seles d. Venus - everyone was getting along.... I LIKE THIS TREND!

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:34 AM
lol... :)

Tammy
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:35 AM
yeah everyone has been getting along pretty much lately but i remember the ol days back at the sanex and it got a bit nasty at times :(

.. so thanks for everyone's support :)

Adrian
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Go read A4's post etc, nothing has changed at all

Becool
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:39 AM
LOL
That times in Sanex hehehehe

This Board is soo much friendly and calm then that 'Battle Arena' :)

:wavey: Hi Tammy :kiss:

Tammy
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:44 AM
yeah adrian i read that hence i pointed out in my thread "for those supporting us" i know there are still those who will "hate" will continue to rub it in as much as they can.. but most of the williams and cap fans are being great and classy about it...

btw hey bernardo :wavey: :kiss:

Dawn Marie
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:46 AM
I feel yah Adrian I mean if you go back into the the Williams cheering thread that you were in earlier you will see that nothing has changed at all.

On second thought I must be honest and say that this board is controlled alot better ,ALOT better. Which is really the key... to all of the bashing. It hurts when your in this sensitive frame of mind.. especially after your favorite loses and you see these threads. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way I blamed you Hingis fans today about the above mentioned thread..SAWY.

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Things have changed. At least there are fans of many players around willing to be nice and classy :D

BrianII
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:44 PM
......Marti_Fan, I think you need to look closer to home....... or at least in your own cheering threads if your'e looking for crass posters...... even though I'm no fan of Jens congrats to her and kudo's to Capriati fans, at least than don't feel the need to author "Capriati Wallops Hingis" threads just cos there fav won 6-2 in the third set .

veryborednow
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Pleasure - martina's a great competitor and I think that she has gone up in everybodys expectations after today, her speech was so emotional - I'm impressed she managed to be so classy at a time of high emotion

destructo_girl
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:31 PM
I agree, that there have been a couple of gracious fans, who have said some nice words about Martina.

So thankyou to them.

That being said, there are also a couple of posters, who are kicking fans while they're down, dissing the players for winning or losing, trying to make excuses for Martina's loss.

The players are classy after a win or defeat, so the least we can do as fans are be just as classy, and be gracious.

Of course, I'm being very hypocritical here, because I'm a very poor loser, and all I want to do is cry, instead of saying nice things about Capriati.

But don't pin that on Martina. She can't choose her fans. And btw, there are some very classy Martina fans out there, so don't typecast them, just cos I can't hack it.

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:33 PM
That was very classy of you destructo girl.

Cheer up!! :kiss: :D

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:34 PM
i know it sounds egoistic praising fellow marti fans but

d_g, you are exuding CLASS!

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:37 PM
easy... you have a lot to learn from her :p

Especially:

trying to make excuses for Martina's loss.

;) :p :D

PS: Don't go hiding under the couch again ;)

*Running as far away from easy as possible* :eek: :angel:

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:43 PM
*catching WR and kicking him*

Of course I wasnt hiding under the couch.
Like how do you watch a match from that position.

and exactly where have i made excuses for her losses :rolleyes:
which have not been already made all over the board

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:47 PM
We all thought you were hiding under the couch and got stuck there... :p :p

And that's precisely the point, you were to nervous to watch the match :)

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:49 PM
WR, you've underestimated me. ;)

i've never not watch a match because i didnt dare to

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:50 PM
But you told the *Master* that you didn't watch some match, can't remember which one live cause you were too nervous!! :p

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Williams_Rulez
But you told the *Master* that you didn't watch some match, can't remember which one live cause you were too nervous!! :p

:confused:

who's the master?
i swear i've never not watched a match live because i was too nervous

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Indra....

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:55 PM
i told him no such thing!!!

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:56 PM
You did... in class. The pudge can testify to that!! :p :p

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 05:58 PM
i didnt!!!

i remember no such match

maybe you can help me remember???

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:00 PM
I can't... :o

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:01 PM
see i know it didnt happen :p

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:02 PM
No use denying it... you were cowering around, refusing to answer the phone :p

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:04 PM
i refused to answer the phone because i dont think anyone would like to hear me snapping at the person on the phone if he had called to gloat at marti's loss

you can come on msn and tell me which match i didnt watch

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Pffft.... you did that to me when Venus lost too :mad:

But I didn't try to call you, some one else wanted to. And you guessed the reason right... :o

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:08 PM
i didnt call you
i called the pudge to celebrate monica's victory.

he was being 2 faced about it. he was happy venus lost. then after that, he called you and told you that i said venus' injury didnt play a part, which i certainly didnt.

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:08 PM
it didnt take a genius to guess the reason either

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:10 PM
You were trying to down play Venus' injury everywhere. Whatever, I was really furious that night.

And you did gloat over it. At least I wasn't gloating over Martina's lost... :(

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:13 PM
i wasnt

you could check out my OZ thread
i said that venus' injury played a major part there!!!

as for gloating, that's because you were overconfident and said venus could beat monica on one leg.

and as for you not gloating, you did say that neither me nor martina gets the last laugh. jennifer got the last laugh. which was a mean thing to say, nothing close to what i said.

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Pffft... you know what you said yourself to draw that response. I shall not bother. You know what you said about Venus too. :)

Night :D

At least I am not anti Martina, unlike you who is anti Venus. :p ;) :angel:

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:21 PM
i really dont know what i said to get that response
and i dont think you do either
giving a vague statement and hoping you'd win an argument with it just doesnt cut it

i admit i dont like venus but really that doesnt make me the racist that you always say i am. as for you, with that kind of cutting comment, i think we just have different definitions of what's anti and what's not.

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Did I say you were racist?? :rolleyes:

Pffft... you are putting words into my mouth. And let's stop this nonsensical arguement... we are spoiling a nice thread... :rolleyes:

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:26 PM
okay glad to hear you've retracted your statement regarding me being a racist :D

and you beat me to saying we were spoiling a nice thread :)

i really appreciate the way most of non-marti fans are supporting her, especially *gasp* venus fans :o
but thankx all the way, i really really appreciate it.

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:29 PM
And I insist you change your Debbie photo. Get a more recent one please.

What's so shocking with Venus fans supporting Martina? We are not like you :o

moby
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:31 PM
pffft :mad:
that's my favourite photo of her

and stop making me reply
i'm really upping my post total if this goes on ;)

Williams Rulez
Jan 26th, 2002, 06:33 PM
What's wrong with that?? I am helping you :p :D (and myself :o)

And why this photo?? Her recent ones are much better!! This is so blur and its at a weird angle.