PDA

View Full Version : TENNIS!!! (The reason we're all here)

TennFreak2000
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:29 AM
This Final will certainly say something:
What a sport this is!!

We had a champion who was showing sheer will and coming back from some personal unhappy results of the past couple years. She went off to an amazing lead in this match. I for one (though I give much respect to capriati), did not think she would get back in this match. Then, she showed again how she just will not go away now.

Every year I watch this sport, I see Finals and say "Wow! I've never seen anything like this before"! or "I've never seen anything that out of the ordinary". And EVERY year, something comes along to top it again!
Whether I am completely happy with the results or not, I always have to sit back in amazement.
Have you tried to play this sport before? It's REALLY hard!! We have superheroes disguised as "people" playing this stuff and we are ever so lucky to witness it.

AjdeNate!
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Great article... but even better avatar!!!

TennFreak2000
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Thank you on both accounts! Your avatar is awesome as well.

AjdeNate!
Jan 26th, 2002, 11:38 AM
I'm only totally awestruck and impressed until the next time I'm impressed. :)

I love it when tennis makes you feel nervous, excited, happy, sad, angry (I was this 2 days ago...), moved,.... i could go on all day.

TennFreak2000
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:07 PM
Exactly. I didn't want a third set , in part cuz of the heat, I was a bit worried for the players. (But then that super-human strength thing came into play again).;) And ya gotta love the roller coaster feeling that come along with a match. Even if sometimes you hate it at the same time! lol
Another case in point, I really should be going on to bed now. But I'm way too hyped up.