PDA

View Full Version : Leave out the weight issue, and Daniela is still a mess ...

GoDominique
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Anyone who mentions weight in this thread will be banned. :p

Daniela is a total mess.
She wastes a 6-0-lead and a 5-2-lead in the 3rd set with 3 match-points, that’s something which should never happen to a (supposed) top-player against a girl ranked 81.
She has no tactics. This is GRASS, but she stays at the baseline and only tries to outplay her opponent from there, which is hopeless considering her amount of (often bad) UE’s. And when she finally goes to the net, it’s either half-assed (stranding in the mid-court) or ends with a disastrous volley-miss.
She plays 2 good games, then 2 terrible games.
She cries ‘come on’ in one game, then really cries in the next game.

Daniela has issues. I don’t know what it is, but performances like this won’t help her one bit.

AjdeNate!
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:47 PM
IMO, her best next step is to take off like 3 weeks or a month and just work on her game. Her court strategy and shot selection (which I once thought was to the top of the women's game) is now horribly pathetic. And, she is not hitting the ball anywhere near as hard (or as consistent) as she was last year.

best best better
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Daniela's form this year has sucked from pretty much off the block, but even last year - taking out the "you-know-what" win, and the 4th round USO win over Henin - her year was pretty ordinary for a Top 10 player.

I'm not a fan of Daniela (though I am of her tennis when she's playing well), but I really felt for her out there today. She looked like the weight of the whole wide world was crushing her trachea. That could be to do with the ridiculous furore over her weight. But I agree with ya Go Dominique, Daniela's been struggling with her game, with or without weight loss.

selesrules
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Anna Kournikova is undefeated against Daniela Hantuchova. :kiss:

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:50 PM
not only a mess... but a hot ass mess... ridiculous... crying on court and losing a marathon match... pathetic... her game's in the john and if she doesn't improve her results by the USO, it will be flushed.

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:52 PM
shes got the kournikova curse... it seems to happen to all the "pretty girls" of the tour

too much attention on her looks... too much pressure on her to do good

the cat
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:55 PM
That's cold Cari! :eek: Dani has alot of good years in front of her. But she hasn't recovered from over playing last year. And her poor results this year are dissapointing but not shocking.

Dani needs to play a limtited schedule in the future and giver her all to those tournaments. I think 18 tournaments a year is the maximum amount she should play. And it's looking like Dani is struggling with exhaustion this year the way Jelena Dokic did last year.

Lelu
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:56 PM
IMO, her best next step is to take off like 3 weeks or a month and just work on her game.
I have a better idea: she should come to my mama for a 3-week treatment consisting of home cooked meals.
Anyone who mentions weight in this thread will be banned.
Didn't utter the taboo word "weight" ;) .

RAA
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
clearly she was feeling a lot of pressure in this match and was not handling it well. she should have been FIGHTING back, and instead she looked like she wanted to be ANYWHERE else but on that court....

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM
she needs a break... shes overworked, physically and emotionally. she just looked like she wanted to go home towards the end... like she just wanted it over with.

she is deserving of a rest.

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM
She needs to get back to basics and drop the modelling stuff for awhile! She was doing so well when she didn't buy into that crap...that's what made her so endearing....she was getting the attention for being beautiful and just focusing on her tennis and having great results... now she has fallen in the trap and now is under an unbelievable amount of scrutiny....

She's still a great player but her focus and heart? Where is it? :confused:

RAA
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:01 PM
has she really been spending a lot of time modelling? or is that something that people have been just SAYING.. and it has gotten blown out of proportion...
just wondering...

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:03 PM
the cat, I know it was cold but there comes a point when I get sick of people losing, whether I'm a fan of them or not. she needs to get serious!

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:03 PM
more time than she did before!

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:09 PM
has she really been spending a lot of time modelling? or is that something that people have been just SAYING.. and it has gotten blown out of proportion...
just wondering...

its not necessarliy the time modelling takes up, its what it does to her head. its hard enough being a 20 year old girl worrying about your looks.. but when youre in the spotlight, a professional athlete, theres so much pressure for dani to produce great results and look great, etc.

its pretty obvious shes a lot more focused on her looks this year than last, just look at some of the pictures of her. and now there is the issue of her being too thin, which is added pressure that she doesnt need. like i said, shes falling into the hole that kournikova fell into.

female athletes bodies cant take as much work as a males can. its the structure of their hips/back... too much pressue on the lower back area. i think dani is working way too hard and if she doesnt stop soon, she could have injury problems.

disposablehero
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:13 PM
its not necessarliy the time modelling takes up, its what it does to her head. its hard enough being a 20 year old girl worrying about your looks.. but when youre in the spotlight, a professional athlete, theres so much pressure for dani to produce great results and look great, etc.

its pretty obvious shes a lot more focused on her looks this year than last, just look at some of the pictures of her. and now there is the issue of her being too thin, which is added pressure that she doesnt need. like i said, shes falling into the hole that kournikova fell into.

female athletes bodies cant take as much work as a males can. its the structure of their hips/back... too much pressue on the lower back area. i think dani is working way too hard and if she doesnt stop soon, she could have injury problems.

EXACTLY what I was about to say. It's not the amount of time you spend modelling, it's the mindset.

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:14 PM

I agree..there is a marked difference this year of how she dealt with her looks/image before!

tyk101
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:16 PM
maybe now she should hire soloman...

RAA
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:16 PM
yes, I agree, I just was wondering whether the rumours about modeling were true. especially when, I thought I heard her say last year that she wasn't concerned with that stuff and would rather just play tennis. so I didn't realize she had turned some of her attention to modeling.