PDA

View Full Version : Shinobu Asagoe def. Daniela Hantuchova 0-6 6-4 12-10

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Does this match remind you of Roland Garros final 2001 or what? :eek: (Capriati def. Clijsters 1-6 6-4 12-10)
Daniela cruised through the first set with good strong play, struggled in the second, had matchpoints (3 of them) in the third set but Shinobu kept on fighting and even made Daniela cry at one point.
Something is really bothering that girl.
Anyways, congrats Shinobu, god she's so good, that backhand drive volley at 0-15 in that last game was beyond words.

tyk101
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:32 PM
go SHINOBU

hope DH is ok though, she was cryin so many times!

hingis-seles
It reminds me of Dani's loss at RG this year. Again such a close loss.

catkey94
Maybe now Dani will take a little break to get her weight up and refresh herself mentally.

Whatzup
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Daniela :mad:

LeonHart
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Sad for Daniela...I'm was soooo happy ESPN decided to cover the match!!! Finally they do something right!

TartarVicario
Poor Dani! :sad:

Nemesis
This is really sad for Daniela ... I was really cheering for her. That crying was really horrible to watch :sad:

But Shinobu played well and deserved to win. Well done Shinobu ;)

mboyle
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:35 PM
She is O-V-E-R. Bye Bye Dani. Have fun being a struggling top 50:wavey: :rolleyes: . Too bad you must waste all your talent, but when you choose to slap forehands and backhands into the net for no reason, a la Kournikova, your career ends up turning her way too:p .

Habsudovafan
DANIELA!!! Why WHY WHY so sad... Take some rest now before the hardcourt searon

Dava
This is not a suprise result to me, if anyone knows anything about Asagoe they should not be suprised either. She loves players with power, and Dani gave her too much to counter punch, and too many errors

CONGRATS SHINOBU!! LONG TIME COMING!!!

fleemke³
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Great match to bad it was a second round one ;)

MarcusRock
What was the postmatch net exchange like? Did they hug, cry or what?

Venus Forever
Daniela :sad:

I wanted to cry with her, she looked so sad. She just wanted to break down after every bad bounce or slip on the court. :sad:

Cariaoke
:worship: Shinobu! Well played...

MarcusRock
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:37 PM
This is not a suprise result to me, if anyone knows anything about Asagoe they should not be suprised either. She loves players with power, and Dani gave her too much to counter punch, and too many errors

CONGRATS SHINOBU!! LONG TIME COMING!!!No surprise to me. On another board, I picked Asagoe to beat Dani and make the 4th round vs. Davenport.

Randy H
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Disappointing loss for Daniela as she really had control of the score, but even in the third set up 5-2 Shinobu herself wasted a ton of chances too so there was never really a foregone conclusion.

Hope Daniela can take a nice break after Wimbledon and refocus herself mentally.

Congrats to Shinobu, she played a good game to serve it out finally, and earned it.

ans
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:38 PM
wow, that was an emotional match. I'm not a fan of any of the girls but this match was far more interesting than the match my fave (kim) was playing at the same moment. That little Japanese seems to be as nice as Ai...I like her and I'm happy she's won!
It's a pity for Hantuchova though, but she definitaly has some things to sort out (crying on the court? :eek: )

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:40 PM
What was the postmatch net exchange like? Did they hug, cry or what?
They shook hands for like 0.01 seconds, Hantuchova didn't even look at Asagoe, then Hantuchova took her bag, and walked off the court real fast.

LeonHart
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Lets not get on Daniela's case here...Asagoe is a decent grass court player reaching the finals of BIRMINGHAM!! Daniela also needs to change her attitude :o...she looked like she was gonna break down in tears after each UE she made!

MarcusRock
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM
They shook hands for like 0.01 seconds, Hantuchova didn't even look at Asagoe, then Hantuchova took her bag, and walked off the court real fast.What a punk. Was she mad at Shinobu for her celebration or something or just a sore loser?

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Dani was graceful, she shook hands with Asagoe and the umpire.

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Dani was not graceful during the match with her taking 50 seconds between pts. She is really going to far with that crap. :(

I think it does not help her game and it pissed Shinobu off and made her play better.

Sorry if it offends you but I am not impressed with her petulant behaviour. I do feel a little sorry for her but overall she was being rude to Shinobu.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
congrats shinobu :D

Pdm1987
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Dani was not graceful during the match with her taking 50 seconds between pts. She is really going to far with that crap. :(

I think it does not help her game and it pissed Shinobu off and made her play better.

Sorry if it offends you but I am not impressed with her petulant behaviour. I do feel a little sorry for her but overall she was being rude to Shinobu.

I agree ;)

gg
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:14 PM
I think what Daniela did was unfortunate. I don't think it was deliberate gamesmanship. When you are that wound up and frustrated it takes a lot to get back control of your body and she was desperately trying to do that. I agree, though, that she needs a break to get some sense of perspective back into her life.

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:46 PM

Awwww, treu learned a new word! "petulant", what the commentators used to describe Daniela. :D Good to see you can listen treu.;)

Tratree
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:52 PM
I think i might be a bit emotional on court as well if I was losing a match I should have won, had blown multiple match points and to top it all off the whole world was discussing whether or not I barf my food away.

She needs to take a break and get healthy, physically and mentally. This is girl is way too talented to write off at 20.

brunof
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Well done by Shinobu. I am very happy for her, and she definately deserved the win in every way. Granted, Daniela should have won, but this is the game of tennis. Best of luck to Shinobu against the Italian...

Smart
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Poor poor poor poor poor Daniela.

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Ryan, what is your deal? I have known the word petulant since 1997 when I became a fan of Hingis. ;)

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah cannot deny Dani probably has some issues she needs to work through to become the player she really is capable of being.

But I have to hand it to Asagoe. I did not realize how much of a fighter she really is. Is it me or is that girl much more emotional and fiery for a Japanese player?

Glad to see that.

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Well I was there and let me tell you it was a fantastic match, even if not always high high quality. First of all, and I know EVERYONE has been over this, but Dani is too slim. I'm not getting at her because she is having a tough time at the moment but she needs to change something fast.

Dani dominated first set obviously and took first game second set but after that Shinobu got into it, got to 5-2 and eventually got to 6-4. However by the third Dani seemed to have regained control and it felt like just a formality. But Shinbou just fought so hard and really deseved to win she had so much support in the crowd aswell. :D

I have to say, during the final set the word 'headcase' springs to mind when talking about Dani. I know this is a little strong but there is definitely something up there. After the match I ran to the tunnel where they come off court 2, Dani had a face like thunder and couldn't leave quickly enough whilst Shinobu just looked on a high and I shouted congratulations and shoved my camera in her face! :p (Sorry Shinobu!) I was a fan of hers before but I just love the girl to bits now! :kiss: ;)

Oh and I can see Nigel Sears getting his marching orders very soon

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:07 PM
dani get over your issues!

wongqks
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:09 PM
well I was cheering for Asagoe, but I really feel for Daniela, the pressure on her is really unbearing and the british tabloids destroy another girl yet again :( how many more damage can they done :(

"Topaz"
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Dani is alright! How would you feel if you bagelled someone in the first set and ended up losing the match in the third?!
All she needs is to have ample dessert after dinner on a consistent basis. ;)

Greenout
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:44 PM
I missed out on the match of the event in the women's
draw. STAR SPORTS sucks. Oh- right. According to
them Japan's not a part of Asia, so why bother?

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Oh well badluck DANI!

xin_hui
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:54 AM
I missed out on the match of the event in the women's
draw. STAR SPORTS sucks. Oh- right. According to
them Japan's not a part of Asia, so why bother?

greenout, the match was shown on star sports, after kim's match around 2am.(yes, i watched it). it was shown from 5-5 in the 3rd.

and yes, dani was taking too long between points, i thought she was going to get time violation

Brandon85
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:04 AM
why does everyone keep saying she needs to gain weight? she was skinny when she won indian wells, she is a tall girl! giver her a break and shut the hell up! does anyone say when magui serna loses "oh she needs to loose some weight"? no! every up-and-coming player has a bad patch...she will get it together eventually!

Aerien
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:30 AM
Dani :sad:

Shinobu, :bounce:
I hope you celebrate your birthday in style this Saturday:) . I know I won't. :p

DevilishAttitude
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:22 PM
BUMP

A amazing match. Shionbu never let in and was so happy afterwards. Although Dani was anoxeric at the time, she deserved it and it gave a new lift to her career.

Bye Shinobu! :wavey:

rrfnpump
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I will always remember this match :) Shinobu was such a fighter out there

Libertango
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I was *AT* this match, and it was incredible. I was a Shino before, but after this I was totally in love with her :hearts: :lol:

I will miss her. :( :sobbing:

:inlove:
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:50 PM
What a match. So sad to see Shinobu go. :(

xXSarajevoXx
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Dani :o :o!!

AJZ.
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Shinobu :hearts:

-sugi-
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:30 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Piotr'ek
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Dani was crying after the match :sad:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM
:rolleyes:

star
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I remember watching this...and being totally depressed at the end :sad: :sad:

Wintermute
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
BUMP

Of all the threads to resurrect it had to be this one... :o :sad:

UDACHi
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM
She is O-V-E-R. Bye Bye Dani. Have fun being a struggling top 50:wavey: :rolleyes: . Too bad you must waste all your talent, but when you choose to slap forehands and backhands into the net for no reason, a la Kournikova, your career ends up turning her way too:p .

:lol:

Ballbasher
Aug 29th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Well that match was amazing! ::D
Dani :sad:
bye Shino :wavey::sad:

Carmen Mairena
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Another blonde out! :woohoo:

Elenarulez
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:54 PM

:lol: :lol:

TheAllan
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:57 PM
And another one! :bounce:

Indian Wells 1997 (R2): Florencia Labat def. Amanda Coetzer 1-6 7-5 7-5.

Kunal
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:02 PM
she had similar problems with asagoe some time ago

DevilishAttitude
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:22 AM
STOP BUMPING THREADS :mad:
Poor Dani :sad: I remember that match :(

I'll bump whatever I like, thanks :rolleyes:

FrenchY52
Aug 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Héhé well done Shinobu :)

greenfunkTHREE.
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:40 PM
poor dani. better luck next time!

martin white
Aug 30th, 2006, 12:57 PM
what a classic match,and one of shino's good wins,i have the match on tape! remeber when they met at rg the following year in the 1strd shino desrtroyed dani 61 63 and made the 4thrd losing to serena!classic match! shino :) :worship:

mandy7
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:04 PM

I'll bump whatever I like, thanks :rolleyes:

I wish you'd bump your freaking head

Jakub
Aug 30th, 2006, 01:10 PM
:rolls:

DevilishAttitude
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:10 AM

I bumped it cos it was one of Shinobu's best wins in her career :rolleyes:

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:13 AM
STOP BUMPING THREADS :mad:
Poor Dani :sad: I remember that match :(

why do people have problems with bumping threads :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

when a player retires its nice to read over the thread and remember a great victory eg Silvia when she defeated Venus and it started a huge thing when its for fans of the retired player!!!!

Im sure you will do the same when it comes that Serena and Dani will retire :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

new-york
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:23 AM
Daniela is a scoreline freak.

Easier to take it when she wins the last point.

DevilishAttitude
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:46 AM
why do people have problems with bumping threads :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

when a player retires its nice to read over the thread and remember a great victory eg Silvia when she defeated Venus and it started a huge thing when its for fans of the retired player!!!!

Im sure you will do the same when it comes that Serena and Dani will retire :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Craig is getting way too big for his boots.

OMG that Silvia beat Venus thread ended up being a row about how only Venus haters praised cared about it and how Silvia was never a player :weirdo: And then all the posts got deleted :tape:

Farina Elia Fan
Aug 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Craig is getting way too big for his boots.

OMG that Silvia beat Venus thread ended up being a row about how only Venus haters praised cared about it and how Silvia was never a player :weirdo: And then all the posts got deleted :tape:

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

mik loves dani
May 13th, 2011, 01:38 AM
BUMP

ohh geez this was a bad time for Daniela....
Daniela has had a better career than the 2006 people than would've ever thought, top 10 indian wells again was just around the corner.:)
SUCK shit, Dani is back in top 30 at 29 again on the rise. :worship:

mik loves dani
May 13th, 2011, 01:40 AM
:lol:

OMG suck shit, she was way better than you ever thought LOL. :worship::)

mik loves dani
May 13th, 2011, 01:46 AM
but she did need to get some time off and put more weight on. I think now she is more of a comlplete player, if she could start beating the close matches with top 10 players she could certainly get back up there.

Potato
May 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I think Daniela's done. She'll get those nice wins from here and there, but she will never be at the level when she was young and fearless but still a headcase

Kevin.
May 13th, 2011, 03:23 AM
this was one of the first tennis matches i ever saw on TV :eek:

njnetswill
May 13th, 2011, 03:31 AM
This makes me miss the old guard of Japanese players :awww: Asagoe, Obata, Sugiyama, Morigami

mik loves dani
May 13th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I think Daniela's done. She'll get those nice wins from here and there, but she will never be at the level when she was young and fearless but still a headcase

I see another grand slam semi or maybe even final???

fufuqifuqishahah
May 13th, 2011, 05:07 AM
lol who the f bumped this

it is true though, that daniela is probably a scoreline freak (whoever said that)
she needs to be more fearless again like she was in the first half of that AO SF.

coetzergambill
May 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
does anyone have the shinobu daniela match? maybe on megaupload or rapidshare? would be great! i never saw the match, but i would love to!

Bismarck.
May 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM

:rolls::rolls:

mik loves dani
May 13th, 2011, 08:12 AM
:rolls::rolls:http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

This.:worship:

SVK
May 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Why is someone bumping all bad Daniela´s loses right now? First Gloria, now Asagoe...geez:rolleyes:

BlueTrees
May 13th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I remember this result. :o

danieln1
May 13th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I never saw this match, only some clips of it....

Please, if someone could put it on youtube it would be so great!!

black_fire
May 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
This is one of the craziest matches I've ever seen! Hantuchova was crying for like 5 minutes DURING the points after she failed to serve out the match, while Asagoe started playing her best! So much drama after the chokefest at 5-3 in the last set :lol:

spencercarlos
May 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
WTF Danielle? :tape:

Juju Nostalgique
May 13th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Congrats Shinobu! :spit: :spit: :spit:

coetzergambill
May 13th, 2011, 07:47 PM
yeah, would be so great if someone could put that match up on megaupload, rapidshare or youtube...please!

joão.
May 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM
:confused:

andrewC
May 13th, 2011, 11:39 PM
loved this match!

mik loves dani
May 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
ok i'll bump this in 5 years seeya then.

mik loves dani
May 14th, 2011, 02:08 PM
this is going to be the match that is known for bumping heads.

Richie's
May 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Epic match!