PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova bursting into tears during match

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:41 PM
What's going on?
She's actually in tears, is it because she lost all those matchpoints and is still playing?
She should keep her cool and just keep going for her shots.

fleemkeģ
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I can't believe it :o:o
Now she has to serve :o

Mase
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM
HAS THAT ever happened???????

TartarVicario
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Hantu :sad:

fleemkeģ
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Hingis did cry on the court but that was after the match .. that is the only fact I know :o

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:44 PM
She's OK now, but everytime she misses a shot she cries.

Mase
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:45 PM
OH MY........ I cant wait to see the clips, thats sad..... :sad:

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:46 PM
She's OK now, she's leading 6-0 4-6 6-5 now.

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:47 PM
look http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/netcam/imagepages/2/002.html

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM

sadist.

perhaps she realized it worked for ashley... so now shes trying it out?

poor lil thang :sad:

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Yea, here, I attached it before it gets updated!

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:49 PM
omg, yes I saw that pic on the cam and I was thinking... she's not crying.... she CAN'T be crying! WTF? that is really sad...

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:49 PM
awww

Mase
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:51 PM
THATS horrible..... hang in there Dani

Hawk
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:57 PM
What's going on?! :eek:

hingis-seles
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:59 PM
She's NOT crying! Im watching the match on tv, and she IS NOT crying.

fleemkeģ
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Well Hawk. Daniela just missed matchpoint and almost started to cry on the court ... you guys can say what want but did doesn't look healthy :o

hingis-seles
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM
That image is just an image of disgust and the picture is blurred......

MS
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:01 PM
I saw Montolio crying during a match (during a whole set, lol) a couple of years ago at RG.

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:04 PM
hingis-seles, I can show more pics so don't even bother.
She is crying and constantly looking at her mom and coach.

Frank_Rulez
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:05 PM
and i saw Venus cried after a match.....:D
Lord, when can i see Serena cry during a match..:)
(PS: so much fun to see her cry during
her post-match interview..:rolleyes:.)
no offense to u Serena worshippers....:))

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Hingis-Seles, at one point she was definitely crying! Her lower lip was quivering and the tears flowed.

best best better
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:06 PM
watching it.... and Daniela IS crying sporadically. It started on the first matchpoint she missed. Now any time there's anything remotely close happens in a point, she looks up to coach and mom, then starts crying.

I've never seen this happen in a match where there was no "incident" that provoked the tears. She must have some extreme emotional baggage going on at the moment.

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Asagoe - Hantuchova 0-6 6-4 9-9

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Now 6-0 4-6 10-9 for Hantuchova.

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:16 PM
10 games all.

katrientje
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:18 PM
We women understand that you can cry now and then without even knowing why ;-)

ex hopman
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Ashley cried at French against Hantuchova... and she played even better after crying...

best best better
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:20 PM
:eek:

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Asagoe leads 0-6 6-4 11-10

wongqks
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:25 PM
11-10 asagoe :eek:

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Asagoe won, here's another pic of crying Hantuchova.

Messenger
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Well, she is a girl. Girls cry ;)

hingis-seles
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I've come to eat crow.:p

So, I finally DID see her cry! She seemed fine when I flicked on the tv and then I saw this thread, sooo.....

the Cow
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Well, she is a girl. Girls cry ;)
No, they don't cry DURING a tennis match. Especially a 20-year-old professional woman who's been through this many times.

Daniela is simply very immature and pathetic.

selesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Poor Dani! :sad:

per4ever
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:47 PM
I wish I could give her a good hug, she definitly needs one :sad:

Rocketta
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Poor Daniela, the stress of her life is getting to her. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Rocketta
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Hey that Site Supporter cup is cute! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:54 PM
No, they don't cry DURING a tennis match. Especially a 20-year-old professional woman who's been through this many times.

oh yes. god forbid someone cry and show real human emotions

Julian
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Poor Dani!!! I've seen many of my favorite tennis players cry, tears of joy and sadness..yet Dani who IMO rarlely shows her sad side I've never seen before...you can tell she's had so much stress in the past few weeks possibly dealing with her coach, her training...and people who will never get off her case because of the way she looks!! Another long match lost in grand slams and I guess she couldn't take it anymore..

Martian Willow
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I don't suppose there are any Slovakian lipreaders around to tell us what she was saying to her mom/coach?

persond
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:00 PM
and i saw Venus cried after a match.....:D
Lord, when can i see Serena cry during a match..:)
(PS: so much fun to see her cry during
her post-match interview..:rolleyes:.)
no offense to u Serena worshippers....:))

:mad: Oh, no, not another "azzhole", with little or nothing more to do than "spew venom and hatred"...enuf, already...!!!...!!!...!!!

:fiery: Somebody, please, "stamp out" Frank_Rulez before he "multiplies"...!!! :fiery: :fiery:

best best better
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I don't suppose there are any Slovakian lipreaders around to tell us what she was saying to her mom/coach?

Yeah, that was mad!!! It was like she was really pleading for them to get her out of that situation. It was like she would have rather been anywhere else at that moment than on Court No.2 playing a 2nd round match Wimbledon.

... Having said all that, my Czech/Slovakian is a bit rusty! ;)

RAA
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:02 PM
her post match interview is going to be awfully interesting....

beauty_is_pink
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:37 PM
its heart breaking actually.. to see ANY tennis player cry on court... you kno they want SO much to win the match... but in the end.. stuff happens.. :sad:

i still love ya Daniela!

decemberlove
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:50 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/2106708MH261_Wimbledon062516_1024x768.jpg http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/2106708MH258_Wimbledon062516_1024x768.jpg

Hagar
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:52 PM

I can understand your feeling, per4ever, but be careful if you hug Daniela, those bones are sharp. :p (sorry, I couldn't resist).

veryborednow
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Leave her alone. Can't you see she's getting in touch with her feminine side?

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:00 PM
HAS THAT ever happened???????

Well Angeles Montolio cries during every match she plays in.

Dani :(

Smart
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:03 PM
I really pity Dani now. She should take some months rest and get healthy. This is not good for her anymore.

tennischick
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:07 PM
she's under too much pressure.

Cersei
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:07 PM
urgh this match made me so sad :sad:
i really wanted Dani to win.
to see her cry was just heartbreaking :sad:
poor girl

Wimanna
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Poor Daniela...and she's crying again during her interview showed on bbc :sad:

veryborednow
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:13 PM
aw bless. They just showed her interview on TV, She barely formed a sentence :sad: how sad

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Leave her alone. Can't you see she's getting in touch with her feminine side?
LMFAO!
OK that was hilarious! :D

best best better
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:16 PM
She's a wreck. She could barely answer a question. She just broke down in tears, wouldn't make any sort of eye contact.

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:17 PM
She's a wreck. She could barely answer a question. She just broke down in tears, wouldn't make any sort of eye contact.
Yea, I saw her interview too on BBC.
When asked if the media had anything to do with her being so sad she replied: "I think it's just my tennis" and then she started crying again.

Mase
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Poor girl, wish everyone would ust gve her break fr a while.. And she should take a break herself....

AmErIcAn
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Aww Dani sweetie, its ok it breaks my heart to see her sad.

TennisHack
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:30 PM

My thoughts exactly.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:32 PM
She probably knows that this loss will only add ammunition to the tabloids and other 'experts' :sad:

HomerXIV
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:35 PM
calm down kids

Vincent
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:47 PM
I know what exactly Daniela felt, I started to cry when i was down 0-40 and love-5 against the top seed in a tournament. I know that's crazy, but that's me.( so emotional:sad: ) People show their real side when they are in trouble, no matter happy or sad.

AmErIcAn
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:50 PM
ferrero, i dont suppose u have tabloids accusing u of being anorexic.

Vincent
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:51 PM

How can it be true? Daniela cries doesn't mean she's immature and pathetic, but how badly she want to win.

Volcana
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:58 PM
SOMETHING is sure as hell wrong in Camp Hantuchova. Whether its Loss of Weight, or Lack of Winning, the girl is on a LoW.

AmErIcAn
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Uhuh but im not sure Nigel is the right coach for her i think she needs someone else.

She could do with a rest and a good feed. Bless her soul she dosent deserve all the shit she is getting.

Cersei
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:14 PM
im not sure Nigel is the right coach for her i think she needs someone else.
that's what i was thinking during the match

jenny161185
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I feel so sorry for her we know by the way she played last year how much talent she has - she just has to get her mind and health on the job

propi
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Poor girl. she's in center of the tabloids, Kournikova's more used to Media presure if she were here...

*JR*
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Indeed she does K, but THEN she needs the cold hard fucking truth about her (@ least physical) disintegration. (Just like Patty does about the convicted felon who controls her life; oh yeah, AND your censored Patty-Schnyder.com board, which IC is now where the official .ch site the RainerFuhrer runs directs ppl for English language news on her). Neither of them need... ENABLERS. :rolleyes:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Yea, I saw her interview too on BBC.
When asked if the media had anything to do with her being so sad she replied: "I think it's just my tennis" and then she started crying again.

do you have the trasnscript.. anyone???

or the link to the site???

thank.. please..

the Cow
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:29 AM
oh yes. god forbid someone cry and show real human emotions
There's times to convey your emotions, and this was not one of them...

I mean, come on... she's sad because she's losing a match, and she feels pressure from it. That doesn't give you the right to cry during a fucking match... it's just extremely immature of her.

the Cow
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:33 AM
How can it be true? Daniela cries doesn't mean she's immature and pathetic, but how badly she want to win.
As compared to how positive and energetic Asagoe was during the match.

Frank_Rulez
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:33 AM
its heart breaking actually.. to see ANY tennis player cry on court... you kno they want SO much to win the match... but in the end.. stuff happens.. :sad:

i still love ya Daniela!
not really........i kinda like it actually.....:D.........
as long as it's not my fav that is....;)
http://census.rolandgarros.com/rc/click/mfile.akamai.com/8586/rm/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2003/interviews/int20030605_03_hi_en.ram
still reliving the memory......:D

BigB08822
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:38 AM
I think it is all becoming too much for Dani. All the pressure to be the best, to live up to her potential. Then people make so many comments on her weight. I feel badly for her. :(

AgassiGirl16
Jun 26th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Yeah,
Daniela needs a big hug right now.

I really feel bad for her. Even though she says she is fine, it's all getting to her. All her matches seem to be tough for her. Something is really worng. What she needs is some time to figure out what she can do. Time away from the tour. It really breaks my heart to see one of my favorites like this..:(

Come on Daniela! :)

switz
Jun 26th, 2003, 04:45 AM

I mean, come on... she's sad because she's losing a match, and she feels pressure from it. That doesn't give you the right to cry during a fucking match... it's just extremely immature of her.

piss off you insensitive prick. what right do you have to dictate what situations are inappropriate for people to express their emotions. all we have to do is look at your username to realise what a shit of a human being you are and that your opinions count for nothing. it's so sad that you pick on two teenage girls for being over-weight and for crying on a tennis court. who the fuck are you? these girls have achieved far more in their short-careers than you ever will. this board (and the world for that matter) does not need people like you!!

TS
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Yes, what is someone with a name like Myriam The Cow doing on here?

Katrien
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:06 AM
:sad: poor Dani. I felt so sorry for her. She needs to take a break...
And please, Dani, start eating . . .

Katie
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Poor Dani...Saw the match on tv, and i really feel sorry for her....She looks dreadful....she has to do something. Mentally she was crushed....It was very shocking to see her that way yesterday...and well in her interview, it was even more sad...John McEnroe, was just saying that she is physically and mentally out...and hope that she'll come back stronger as quickly as possible...
But all in all, all credits go to Asagoe...she played a great match!!!

i-girl
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:23 AM
I haven't seen the match, but I think everything right now indicates that Dani isn't well. read the tennis mail bag on cnnsi if you don't know what I'm talking about. I tend to believe the rumors about an eatting disorder, and even if they aren't true, I'm sure she is feeling a lot of pressure, being in the spotlight like that, and she really is too thin. I hope she gets better soon.

Gowza
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:24 AM
i saw all of the last set and i feel really bad about her. i think she cried because of a combination of things. i think the media talking about her weight, not playing as weel as she did last year (struggling this year) and losing those match points. i think all of them came together and she finally let it all out. i think maybe taking a break and coming back next year might be a good thing but then she will be out of the game and it might be very hard to comeback. hopefully letting it all out has helped so that she doesn't need a break. maybe the media will finally leave her alone.

Fantastic
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Why does everyone feel that Daniela crying has anything to do with what has been said about her weight?

Pressure? That's coming from her fans, who want to see her do better than she's humanly capable of at the moment, and it's mostly coming from herself.

Why does everyone blame her coach? He's not forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to do. And if he is even suggesting anything she doesn't agree with, she can fire him.

Only Daniela knows why she was crying and what she was feeling. She says it was because she was playing badly. Surely it couldn't have been the worst she's ever played. How many people play badly and take it to 12-10 in the third set. If she maintains that she cried because she was "playing badly" then she's not giving Shinobu Asagoe any credit.

My guess is PMS. Perhaps she's starting to have them again after such a long time and has forgotten how they feel. It can be a real shock to the system if you haven't had a period in a while and then suddenly start experiencing PMS again.

MLF
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I was front row on north Stand on court 2 at this match and Daniela was crying. She was in tears long before the tv picked up on it. It started in the second set. There's clearly something wrong in her camp. Early on in the second set she was getting annoyed with her mother & coach, was shouting at them after points and during a couple of changeovers - totally on edge. I assume it is all the tabloid talk around her weight that has her like this. She kept walking right up to the canvas below us and was very teary thrughout the match. I felt very sorry for her but at the same time Asagoe was very plucky and won the crowd over with her attitude and big smile too.

decemberlove
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:59 PM

its immature cos she cannot control her emotions? :rolleyes:

you're the one who is immature if you cannot she it from her point of view.

irma
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:03 PM
it's my party and I cry if I want too

RAA
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:11 PM
that's what i was thinking during the match
well, when Dani won IW and all that, everyone was saying how nigel was a great coach for her... :confused:

Albireo
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Would any of you folks happen to have a tape (NTSC format) of this match? My cable went out that morning (not that ESPN's coverage would have been worth a shit) and I suppose I'd have to see this to really understand the magnitude of it.

bis2806
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:16 AM
asagoe was just returning all her shots and apparently daniela was making errors on crucial points... i'm not sure if daniela did cry but all i could tell was that she looked very sad whenever she hits errors in the third set after 5 all especially when she was in the lead... but asagoe played a great match and she never gave up..... however one thing i was really annoyed with daniela was the amount of time she took between serves... she toook dammnnnn long to serve each time.... it's such a pain....

Greenout
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:55 AM
The problem could really be the coach Nigel Sears.
I recall reading an interview with Martina N. talking
about young players and she said that she wanted
to give Daniela some advice; but her coach
sort of brushed her off saying that Daniela has
all the advice she needs. This was a couple of years ago.

What do you think?

Sharapower
Jun 27th, 2003, 10:04 AM
I think a change of coach could be benefic for Daniela. But I won't blame Nigel Sears for what's happening too. As a matter of fact a tandem player/coach often works only for a time, but when things become "routine" then a change is to be considered.

Also, the coach's job is not quite the same when a player is "in progression" or when the player has reached high level, like Daniela. Perhaps Nigel Sears is no more the suitable person for Daniela.

But it's sure something has to be changed, Daniela has to find what.