PDA

View Full Version : Ball Boys and Ball Girls Appreciation Thread

Kirt12255
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Commentator: They have made a mistake that may be vital ( a ballboy kid)

I think we have all been there....playing matches and fetching our own balls....how about the volunteers that have been killed (Edburg) abused (Fendick...saw it live) or those picking foreign objects from the court?

Ball kids earn enough each day to perhaps buy a coffee. Unseen and unheard....I bet there are alot of lost talent amongst them?

What do you all think? :wavey:

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Believe, after playing recreational tennis and running to pick up ball after ball, those kids deserve more than a complimentary shirt, shorts and shoes...they need a paycheck!

Kirt12255
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Believe, after playing recreational tennis and running to pick up ball after ball, those kids deserve more than a complimentary shirt, shorts and shoes...they need a paycheck!

:wavey: Totally agree....they go through training and then to score a pissed off professional.....perhaps the players could at least sign their autograph books...all they do is "Nod their Head" ...to say here give me the ball....some throw out their raquet to have them place them....to me those players are human....rarely see it in the WTA.....happens in the ATP though....at least they show respect by saying "No need to bounce it to me"

:wavey:

controlfreak
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I don't see what the big deal is... most of those kids are probably thrilled to be out there, mere inches away from the top tennis stars. Okay, so some of the players get arsey and it must get boring chasing down balls all day, but I'm sure the ballkids have other places they could be if they don't like the deal they get. Those of them that hope to have tennis careers can learn a lot from the time they spend on court in the presence of a talented player.

Curtis F
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Ball kids earn enough each day to perhaps buy a coffee. Unseen and unheard....I bet there are alot of lost talent amongst them?

What do you all think? :wavey:

They'd do it for free. The money isn't the reason they're there.

Kirt12255
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:38 PM
:wavey: I onlt asked what you all thought LOL notes taken :wavey:

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Im a ballboy at the Pilot Pen and its cool cause you get the meet the players, etc. We get hats, shirts, sneakers, shorts, free meals, and free tickets to the action :)