PDA

View Full Version : Francesca edges out Amanda.

fammmmedspin
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Francesca beat Amanda 4-6 7-5 6-4. Very close, but after losing leads on top players all year she managed to break at the decisive points at last. Yay :bounce: :bounce:

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:58 PM
According to plan....

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Amanda :o

fammmmedspin
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:56 PM
King Lindsay wrote "According to plan...."

I think Francesca's supporters are hoping she doesn't realise she has a good chance against Daniela (if Daniela is there) and then forgets that she is playing Lindsay. Francesca repeatedly broke Kim and Serena on hard courts this year, she is fast like Amanda and she can hit the ball to all sorts of odd places that Lindsay with her bad foot won't want to run to. But hopefully she won't think of all that and will just do it.

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:05 PM
King Lindsay wrote "According to plan...."

I think Francesca's supporters are hoping she doesn't realise she has a good chance against Daniela (if Daniela is there) and then forgets that she is playing Lindsay. Francesca repeatedly broke Kim and Serena on hard courts this year, she is fast like Amanda and she can hit the ball to all sorts of odd places that Lindsay with her bad foot won't want to run to. But hopefully she won't think of all that and will just do it.

She's definitely a dangerous opponent. I thought that she'd take Coetzer, given her record against Amanda and the surface advantage. Hantuchova/Asagoe is a different proposition. but she has a decent enough shot at either.... Lindsay's a whole new kettle of fish though. But it's not like she's looked rock solid here.

Basically, Franny can be very very good, but that happens very very rarely. ;) Even if she loses her next match, it's still a good week, but the potential is there for more.

BB
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Dai Franzi!!!!!!!!!

Bероника
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:15 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Francesca I'm so happy for you!!!

Darop.
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:53 PM
You go checca!! :D:D:D