PDA

View Full Version : Just a Thought: How many of you think Serena Williams is Planning a Triple Crown???

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:27 PM
It would be a great feat if she does. But I heard her say last nite in an interview that she believes this is her tournament....Great for her confidence, I personally wouldn've shared it...but Hey, it may be a psyc to the field.

She's In singles, Doubles with Venus and playing Mixed with James Blake....U think the triple crown for her at this tournament is possible??

I dont think so, she will give and go in one of the draws.

vs1
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Sure, it's POSSIBLE. But we'll see. I sure hope she can do it!!!

As for her "planning it," I think that whenever someone enters a tourney, they should plan to win the event(s) in which they play. Actually doing it is another matter.

Good Luck Serena!!! :angel:

Pureracket
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:29 PM
I didn't know that she'd entered the draw with James. I think she wants to win all three, but I wouldn't be surprised if ol' James got the short end of the stick if some decisions have to be made.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:30 PM
she can damn near do anything... so if she pulls it off, I wouldn't be surprised... :D

SJW
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM
i thought she was playing with Kafelnikov.....

RAA
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM
okay, I might be way late on this, but I thought that venus pulled out of the doubles..? no?

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:35 PM
no she didn't, they're scheduled for dubs on court 2, after Kim's match. :)

SJW
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
yea i thought she pulled outta dubs too....

those sisters are so damn hard to keep up with

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:03 PM
yea i thought she pulled outta dubs too....

those sisters are so damn hard to keep up with

Me confused too!!

First I thought they pulled out of doubles...now they are in the draw as the #3 seeds and scheduled to play today :confused:

Serena was playing mixed with Y-Man and now with James Blake :confused:

I can't keep up either!

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:06 PM
ROFL! I would love it if she played mixed with James... after Hopman Cup, they deserve a grand slam... :D :hearts: