PDA

View Full Version : Venus beats Srebotnik, 6-4, 6-1

MarcusRock
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Cool :bounce:

On to Round 3

Foot_Fault
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Hopefully it's Petrova..so we can really Measure!!!!
not that Srebotnik wasnt good, she was.

But all this talk about Venus having the Hardest draw seems to be motivating her!

GO VEE Srebotnik (SLO) Williams (USA)

1st Serve % 32 of 53 = 60 % 23 of 48 = 48 %

Aces 1 3

Double Faults 2 3

Unforced Errors 11 10

Winning % on 1st Serve 19 of 32 = 59 % 18 of 23 = 78 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 9 of 21 = 43 % 15 of 25 = 60 %

Winners (Including Service) 8 19

Receiving Points Won 15 of 48 = 31 % 25 of 53 = 47 %

Break Point Conversions 0 of 0 = 0 % 4 of 9 = 44 %

Net Approaches 13 of 22 = 59 % 8 of 11 = 73 %

Total Points Won 43 58

Fastest Serve 107 MPH 118 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 97 MPH 106 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 82 MPH 88 MPH

SJW
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:22 PM
10 errors :eek:

really good match :D

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Today she was unbelievable, and she proved that she is the best grass court player in the world. Her serve was great, her returns were great, her forehand was great...

She lost last year because of injury.

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM
yea. thats the best ive seen her play in a while. srebotnik played well, mixed things up nicely. venus should beat petrova...

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Yessssssss!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

SJW
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Petrova aint no pushover and if she beats Widjaja i would expect the match of the tournament so far :bounce:

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Today she was unbelievable, and she proved that she is the best grass court player in the world. Her serve was great, her returns were great, her forehand was great...

She lost last year because of injury.

she proved she's the best grass court player in the world? call me when she has the trophy. then i'll agree with you. She's proven nothing so far.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:34 PM
She was superb... a fist pump, breaking 3 times... low ue's... low df's... winners from everywhere... damn!

vs1
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:34 PM
I was really impressed with Strebotnik in the first set! She did a very good job staying with Venus.

But Venus was just simply too good today. She had an answer to almost everything Srebotnik brought out.

YAY!!!! COME ON VEE!!! :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:38 PM
she proved she's the best grass court player in the world? call me when she has the trophy. then i'll agree with you. She's proven nothing so far.

A W W RU proves everything

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:40 PM
A W W RU proves everything

her sister beat her in straight sets in the final. A win over katarina srebotnik is not going to change my mind about who is better on grass right now.

SJW
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Justine?

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:48 PM
her sister beat her in straight sets in the final. A win over katarina srebotnik is not going to change my mind about who is better on grass right now.

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel,
You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch,
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

brickhousesupporter
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Congrats Venus I hope you can keep this level of intensity up for future rounds.

Infiniti2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:07 PM
King Lindsay , you seem to have all the time in the world following Williams fans around. Don't you have anything better to do? Anyway, good match from Vee :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: -- from her opponent too. Katrina seems to be a talented player who needs a good coach to give her that extra kick...

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Venus really did look great today and how bout that near out of reach volley Katarina hit and Vee smacked back with a one-handed backhand cross-court for a winner?

Now you cannot disagree with King Lindsay too much: it's too early yet to see what kind of stuff Venus really has at the moment.

But so far she is looking sizzling........

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:39 PM

Venus' Wimbledon Record
97'-1st
98'-Quarterfinalist(lost to eventual champion)
99'-Quarterfinalist(lost to eventual champion)
00'-Champion
01'-Champion
02'-Finalist

Serena's Wimbledon Record
98'-3rd
00'-Semifinalist(lost to eventual champion)
01'-Quarterfinalist
02'-Champion

Venus may have lost to Serena in the finals last year but as of now she is still the better grass court player. IIRC, Serena's only win on grass was last year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Venus played an awesome match today.
I also agree with Pam, I think Richard has a very positive affect on her, more so than Serena. I think it's the fact that Richard and Venus are closer and Venus always seems very eger to please him. If venus keeps on this path(have a feeling she will) she could very well win regardless of who she plays.

Infiniti2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Venus really did look great today and how bout that near out of reach volley Katarina hit and Vee smacked back with a one-handed backhand cross-court for a winner?

Now you cannot disagree with King Lindsay too much: it's too early yet to see what kind of stuff Venus really has at the moment.

But so far she is looking sizzling........

You know, I don't disagree with King Lindsay's POW, it's his antics that trouble me. It seems like he sits at his computer like a tiger waiting to pounce :eek:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:42 PM

who else playing singles has more wimbledon titles? thank you.

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:50 PM
You know, I don't disagree with King Lindsay's POW, it's his antics that trouble me. It seems like he sits at his computer like a tiger waiting to pounce :eek:

Lol like King Lindsay is the only poster that might do this?

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:09 PM
You really are a heel,

I hate that movie.

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:09 PM
King Lindsay , you seem to have all the time in the world following Williams fans around. Don't you have anything better to do? Anyway, good match from Vee :kiss: :bounce: :bounce: -- from her opponent too. Katrina seems to be a talented player who needs a good coach to give her that extra kick...

I'm just doing what you're doing .... posting on WTA world. What's the difference?

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Venus' Wimbledon Record
97'-1st
98'-Quarterfinalist(lost to eventual champion)
99'-Quarterfinalist(lost to eventual champion)
00'-Champion
01'-Champion
02'-Finalist

Serena's Wimbledon Record
98'-3rd
00'-Semifinalist
01'-Quarterfinalist
02'-Champion

Venus may have lost to Serena in the finals last year but as of now she is still the better grass court player. IIRC, Serena's only win on grass was last year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Venus played an awesome match today.
I also agree with Pam, I think Richard has a very positive affect on her, more so than Serena. I think it's the fact that Richard and Venus are closer and Venus always seems very eger to please him. If venus keeps on this path(have a feeling she will) she could very well win regardless of who she plays.

cybelle, look closely at what he wrote. he called Venus the best grasscourt player in the world. meaning RIGHT NOW. not overall, not two years ago, RIGHT NOW. that is what i cannot agree with.

EDIT: hilariously, i took a quick glance at the poster and i thought i was responding to cybelle! ahahahaha! anyway, kabuke, that was to you.

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:13 PM
who else playing singles has more wimbledon titles? thank you.

and who won the last one?

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:14 PM

rahr!

DunkMachine
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM
You really are a heel,

lol @ Lindsay. You can't handle the truth

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:18 PM
lol @ Lindsay. You can't handle the truth

but I sure can handle the troof.

DunkMachine
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:19 PM
but I sure can handle the troof.

the truth is.. you need a spell checker

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:21 PM
The truth, and troof even is that Venus has the best career record at Wimbledon of the current singles players. BUT as of now Serena is the better grass court player, see Wimbledon 2002. To prove she is the best grass player as you seem to claim, she will need to win Wimbledon again and prove she is a factor in tennis still. :)

Vamos Venus btw, an amazing match from her. I loved that on the run one handed backhand passing shot. :D

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:21 PM
the truth is.. you need a spell checker

the troof is you don't get the joke.

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:23 PM
The truth, and troof even is that Venus has the best career record at Wimbledon of the current singles players. BUT as of now Serena is the better grass court player, see Wimbledon 2002. To prove she is the best grass player as you seem to claim, she will need to win Wimbledon again and prove she is a factor in tennis still. :)

good to know that some people can grasp that simple, simple concept.

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:24 PM
cybelle, look closely at what he wrote. he called Venus the best grasscourt player in the world. meaning RIGHT NOW. not overall, not two years ago, RIGHT NOW. that is what i cannot agree with.

EDIT: hilariously, i took a quick glance at the poster and i thought i was responding to cybelle! ahahahaha! anyway, kabuke, that was to you.

I don't think as of this very moment Venus is the best grasscourt player, but overall she is as of now the most consistent grasscourt player as shown by her record which is better than Serena's.

Venus isn't playing her best grasscourt game or the best as of now but she is looking better than she has at all this year and arguably last year as well(taking into account the shoulder and abdominal injury).

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:25 PM
I don't think as of this very moment Venus is the best grasscourt player, but overall she is as of now the most consistent grasscourt player as shown by her record which is better than Serena's.

Venus is playing her best grasscourt game or the best as of now but she is looking better than she has at all this year and arguably last year as well(taking into account the shoulder and abdominal injury).

and i was disagreeing with absolutely none of that.

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:27 PM
good to know that some people can grasp that simple, simple concept.

No problem.;)

That true kabuke, but the other Williams fans in here would have you believe Venus is the clear favorite to win the title, and has never lots a match on this stuff.

Paneru
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:29 PM
and i was disagreeing with absolutely none of that.

Okay.

Chance
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Good job Vee!

TartarVicario
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Go Vee! :bounce: :bounce:

Rocketta
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:15 PM
You really are a heel,

Ok, that post gets the LOL Award! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Miss Thang
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:41 PM
That's the way to do it Queen Vee! :kiss: I'm glad you're gonna meet Miss Nadia next because she's been gettin' it done lately so it's gonna be a good test for you.

Amanda
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Of all the current players, Venus still has the best grass court record and two Wimbledon Championships to back it up. I want Venus to win just to shut some of these a-holes up! :p