PDA

View Full Version : Who are the players who hit flat and..

SerialKiller#69
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:48 PM
just out of curiosity, I'd like to know who was the most successful tennis player who hits flat.

This question came about when someone told me that flat-hitting players are most likely to have problems later on in their career. I know Anna and Jelena hits flat. Who else does?

The Guilty
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Tamarine Tanasugarn, Myriam Casanova, Lindsay Davenport and Mary Pierce are some that I remember know.

2ace2
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Capriati too, not?

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:24 PM
cappy plays quite a bit of topspin on her forehand (her best shot). i also think tulyaganova and monica play a lot of flat shots, as well.

Fyndh0rnElf
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Hmmmm let me see...EVERYONE?! there are few in the top20 that DON'T hit it flat - clijsters. henin, schnyder, conchita, sugiyama...

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Without a doubt Amy Frazier has the flattest groundstrokes in women's tennis. Heck I am not even sure I have ever seen her hit many shots with any sort of topsin.

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:28 PM
hantuchova, sharapova, vakulenko?

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:28 PM
YES amy frazier!
i dont think thats correct... not all players hit flat at all. chanda's forehand is ALL topspin, venus's forehand isnt flat and neither is her backhand, maggie doesnt hit flat, mauresmo doesnt hit anything flat, patty uses tons of spin...

so id like to add hantuchova and myskina to flat hitters.

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:31 PM
dokic use to hir flat but now she has a bit more topspin on her shots. it's just one of the many changes she has made to her game like the abbrieviated service motion and the bad volleys. the new service motion doesn't work and she needs to work on that first volleying going into the net. i actually liked her groundstrokes flat they obviously aren't as penetrating with more topspin on them.

Chance
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:01 PM
thanks Gowza,I wanted to know what Dokic had changed in her game plan....

Glenn
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Tulyaganova has HUGE topspin on both sides really.

franny
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:10 PM
mary pierce back in 96 hit hte ball incredibly flat, but with her, it was either she demolished you or she handed you the win. I think at the french was when she started hitting less flat and using more topspin and angles. Davenport hits incredible flat, the ball shoots through the court. So i'd say davenport is the most successful player who hits the ball flat. She has close to no topspin. I remember billie jean king saying once that davenport was the most pure striker of the ball and the heaviest and flattest hitter of the ball, making her hte most powerful(i think she sed it back in 2000 @ the chase)

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Davenport puts topspin on a lot of shots if she needs it.

jrm
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:33 PM
iveta benesova

SM
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:46 AM
i agree that jelena is putting a 'bit' more topspin on her fh but thats a good thing, she has to work the point more and use her head..

as for jelenas bh its still very flat and extremely penetrating and she can really deliver a fatal blow with it from most positions..

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:49 AM
i found with dokic game that her backhand is still pretty flat its her forehand thats more spiny

Trish101
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Davenport has the flattest forhand BUT Jen hits a harrd and flat to espeacially on her backhand side