PDA

View Full Version : US Open, here I come

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:46 PM
I've done it, I've booked my flights to NY. I'll be in NY for the first week of the US Open, still need to get my US Open tickets but will get them soon.

I'm officially insane.

And if anyone else who's going to the US Open wants to meet this crazy Belgian, let me know.

Rocketta
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I might, might be going maybe to qualifying and the first day or two. My aunt wants me to work on her computer for her and I keep saying I will go up and look at it. I just haven't gotten my plans together, yet. :)

ASV
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Mikey and I are going for day 1 and 2.

We'd love to include you in our WTAWorld get together!

ys
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM
I'll be there starting at least with Thursday. Whether I'll be there the first three days of the week is still unclear. Tickets for the first week should not be a problem at this point, but if you would want to go some days of the first weekend, you'd better hurry. They ( especially Saturday ) are usually sold very quickly.

And, of course, I'd love to meet you, Tine..:)

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM
I'd like to get grounds tickets for the first two or three days.

great smash
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Great to hear you're making things happen. Hope you have a good time.

I also hope I'll be able to follow your example and go there myself somewhere in the coming years.

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:01 PM
I'm looking at the tickets now, the problem is that I don't know how to order tickets for two days in one go. I don't feel like paying all that surcharge stuff twice.

ys
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:05 PM
You can try to do it by phone.

goshka
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:17 PM
You can call 1-866-OPEN-TIX to order all tickets you need in one shot.

I will be there Sunday before openning day, and planning to attend two night sessions probably Tuesday and Wed, plus I will be there on Saturday night (first week). Let me know how we can meet. I can suggest two spots - one, results board right in front of Arthur Ashe stadium, or second one - Fila Store at Armstrong Stadium. Day and time is up to you.

Will see you there,
Eugene.

gentenaire
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:21 PM
You can call 1-866-OPEN-TIX to order all tickets you need in one shot.

That's not a phone number that works from here. We don't have letters on our phones.

I wonder, if I was to ask a NY friend to get the tickets for me, would that work? Or are the security measures so high these days that you need tickets with your own name on them?

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:25 PM
im going for labor day weekend.

ys
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:32 PM
That's not a phone number that works from here. We don't have letters on our phones.

I wonder, if I was to ask a NY friend to get the tickets for me, would that work? Or are the security measures so high these days that you need tickets with your own name on them?

That's the best idea. If you can have someone to buy it form you right at Flushing, that is perfect, no surcharges.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I would love to go someday... but it's always the first week of school. :sad: I'll probably never attend a tennis tourney. I hate my life

Hagar
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I'm officially insane.

There are worse forms of insanity, going to Australia to see tennis for example. I'm sure you will reach that level one day.
The good thing about Kim and Justine doing so well, is that all of a sudden people start to understand what I was making such a noise about for all these years. Finally they understand that tennis is important, very important!

Hoytie
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I am going to the day sesssions for the first week.

Shedevil
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:30 PM
hehe, you travel all around the world Tine :eek:
very cool of you :cool: ;) :worship:

wongqks
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:46 PM
Yes, it is quite likely I will be there as well :D

Playa
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=We don't have letters on our phones.[/QUOTE]

tine,

1-866-OPEN-TIX is the equivalent of
1-866-6736-849

http://www.wtaworld.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Im going day 1 and 2 also :D

ys
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:13 PM
tine,

1-866-OPEN-TIX is the equivalent of
1-866-6736-849

http://www.wtaworld.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

You see, it is toll-free 8xx number. It might not work from overseas.

Playa
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:36 PM
You see, it is toll-free 8xx number. It might not work from overseas.

yeah ,I was thinking about that as well
she must just have to try ..anyway

Tratree
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I'm officially insane.

Welcome to the club....I went to Wimbledon on about three weeks notice in '99 for Steffi's last Wimby ;)

rated_next
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:58 PM
i'm going :D -- all the way from vancouver, canada

i'll be there for qualifying and the first two rounds

Curtis F
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:10 PM
I'm looking at the tickets now, the problem is that I don't know how to order tickets for two days in one go. I don't feel like paying all that surcharge stuff twice.

Order them here:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/807197?tm_link=tm_sports_f6

Have fun! :)

MarcusRock
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:14 PM

I wonder, if I was to ask a NY friend to get the tickets for me, would that work? Or are the security measures so high these days that you need tickets with your own name on them?The best thing to do is have your friend order them and get the tickets mailed to his/her place. Then you can pick them up there and avoid the huge lines at the pick up windows. If you're buying Ashe seats at any time, make sure he/she knows your seating preference so you aren't stuck where you don't want to be (although moving around is quite easy if you're in the upper section). I'm not sure how that would play out where surcharges are concerned though.

the Cow
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I'm going and Mikey, Scott, Chris, and whoever will be walking far behind me. :p

goshka
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:35 PM
yeah ,I was thinking about that as well
she must just have to try ..anyway

I am sure it will work.
About tickets - they always send tickets two weeks before tourney, so if you wil be ordering it through your friends, you'll have to meet your friends to get tickets.
Also, name on the ticket should not be a problem, as I bought tickets from other people inpast years, and never had problems with names on ticket, nobody checked it. They just check your bags.

You can also order tickets directly from www.usopen.org.

By the way - they do ship tickets internationally, fees $35.00! This applies for the Ticket Plans. Call and check with them about individual tickets.

Cheers,
Eugene