PDA

View Full Version : Anna's mom, was she a good coach?

selesrules
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:38 PM
People used to say to Anna in the past that she should stop having her mother as a coach in order to improve. However, when Anna was in the top10 and having some great results, wasn't her mother the coach? :confused: Hello!!! It seems to me that all the other coaches didn't succeed, but her mother was the best. What happened exactly?

apoet29
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:45 PM
the other coaches couldn't succeed because of Alla's interference. I think Alla has her daughter's best interests at heart, but she never allowed anyone to really coach her daughter.

I think Anna getting into the top ten had more to do with her remaining healthy and injury-free rather than anything her mother did. I didn't agree with Alla coaching Anna because I didn't feel that she was qualified to help Anna with certain aspects of her game. Plus, I think she overworked Anna. Anna played constantly and that is one of the reasons that her body is so worn down now.

Anyway, that's my opinion. For whatever it is worth.

Scorch
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:53 PM
what apoet said: could not agree more

there are a lot of dark clouds hanging over Anna's future - injuries, no coach, no confidence, no results

all are linked.

things look like they might get worse before they get better

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:16 PM
no she is not and was not a good coach. Even richard williams and oracene who are great coaches knew that their daughters needed outside help as well and got them that without interfering. They don't get in the way when bjk has some pointers or whatever.

alla should step aside but now its really on anna's shoulders she is an adult and can do what she wants.