PDA

View Full Version : Best match of the 1st round???

Dirty Sanchez
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:47 AM
There's been a few good ones but the stand out first round match for me has to be Elena Bovina V Saori Obata. It was an amazingly high quality and tight match and it took so many twists and turns. But poor Obata cracked right at the end when it looked like she had it in the bag.

So what's been your favourite match so far??

controlfreak
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:21 AM
The best women's matches I saw were Sugiyama vs Ahl, Tulyaganova's win, Baltacha vs Dokic, and Sequera vs Martinez. But obviously I can only watch what the BBC show. I thought they could have shown Sharapova vs Harkleroad, luckily I was able to see the final game which was bizarrely broadcast with audio from J-C Ferrero's warm-up.

The best men's was Childs-Davydenko, not too many other great first round matches from what I saw. The BBC does show too many Brits but at least they give us some good matches!

Dava
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Baltacha vs Dokic
Bovina vs Obata
Sharapova vs Harkleroad

and Childs vs Davydenko in the mens

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:27 AM
i think the sharapova/harkleroad match was very good. it wasn't really a tight match but sharapova played at a very high quality.

baltacha vs. dokic
stosur vs. davenport.
bartoli vs. hantuchova (hantuchova played quite well)
capriati vs. casanova (capriati played great and casanova got some good shots in every now and then)

strycova vs. perebiynis was very close, did anyone see it? i'm wondering what kind of quality it was.

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:34 AM
clijsters-neffa-de-los-rios was AWESOME.

Mattographer
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:36 AM
clijsters-neffa-de-los-rios was AWESOME.
Oh my...

Princess Fiona
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:58 PM
The ones that come to mind for me are Sugiyama vs. Ahl (I really like Ai but I wanted Lucie to come through that one - it would have been great for British tennis; save the negative "British women lose again" coverage) and Dokic vs. Baltacha...

Men's matches: why, Nicolas Lapentti's magnificent win over Kenneth Carlsen of course!! :D (I hope the match against Schalken will be on the TV... *getting ready* ;) )

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Perebiynis vs Strycova
Bovina vs Obata
Rochus vs Coria

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:02 PM
BOVINA vs OBATA!

LENA #1!