PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who feels like reaching inside the TV set and choke holdin'...

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:07 AM
PATRICK MCENROE?

I mean this ass keeps picking on Cliff Drysdale non-stop. He comes off as an arrogant ass everytime Pat wants to speak highly of non American players. He treats Cliff like crap on the air. At least Cliff imho tries to shed postive things about NON AMERICAN players. And when he does Pat gets mad when Cliff doesn't kiss the ass of Roddick or any other american male player.

PAT LEAVE CLIFF ALONE!!!

where in the hell is the guy who dresses real loud(BUD COLLINS).. I kinda miss his madness. LOL

ESPMEN is messing it up. With the ATP tier one tourney feel..

Lisbeth
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Well he's not on my TV, but don't worry, from what I've seen of his opinions if Roddick loses today he'll choke himself without your help!

1jackson2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Dawn I got the gist of your post but it didn't make sense with your second sentence. He comes off as arrogant to himself???

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Cliff is an arrogant ass as well.. but it seems that Pat keeps interrupteing him and it feels that Pat wants to knock Cliff out while sitting there next to him commentating.

Today Cliff was TRYING to say that Younes El Anoyoi has a bit of a chance on grass because of his solid showing on clay.. RG. Pat ripped him apart.. I think Younes has a chance. I feel Pat picks on Cliff.

I know they are both arrogant but Pat gives off vibes that he really can't stand Cliff and wants to see him fired asap! LOL

I am like come on quit arguing and commentate already. lol

Meesh
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:24 AM
YES! There is another thread on this issue w/ Pat and his new boy toy Brad!

Both Patrick and Brad were really giving Cliff a hard time....and at one point Brad asked Cliff if he would like to make a cash wager on his thoughts on a player. Cliff did the right thing and said NO I'll PASS!
I don't like Brad and Patrick in the booth. Both have a vested interest in certain players and are sooo biased! (Patrick - Coach of USA Davis Team and Brad coach of Andy Hotdick)

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:29 AM
pat and co. crack me up when they keep saying Andy is the future of American tennis.. lmao.. hell rotflmao!!

Just too funny! to funny!

1jackson2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:40 AM
pat and co. crack me up when they keep saying Andy is the future of American tennis.. lmao.. hell rotflmao!!

Just too funny! to funny!

Well he IS the future of American tennis....just like all the other "young guns"...I dont' see what's wrong with that? :confused: Definition of future of American tennis doenst' me that the players have to be great. They're just young so they are representing Americans for the future...

disposablehero
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Patrick McEnroe is completely useless. He's like John McEnroe minus the fire, brains, backbone, and talent.

vancouverite
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:57 AM
dh.... :D LMAO!!! (and a big 'OUCH'!)

Patrick seems to be getting worse at his job. I don't recall him being this much of a jerk when he started the commentating gig... :rolleyes:

King Lindsay
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Am i the only one who doesn't believe Dawn owns a TV?

selesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Patrick is the worst commentator, I can't stand him. Cliff at least likes a lot of players not just the Americans. Nick Bolliteri picked Greg to beat Andy and his first words were, what kind of an American is he? :rolleyes: He was dissing Greg so much the other day that even though I am not a fan, I am rooting for Greg! :)

maccardel
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:05 PM
I keep hearing the same stats over and over again and the commentating seems like a regular tourney as opposed to a grand slam one......

tennisIlove09
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:10 PM
I dont mind Patrick. That new Suzie chick at the desk is annoying though.

destry
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Patrick has been rude and obnoxious to Cliff for years now - not sure what the history is between these two, but they don't appear to like each other very much.

And Brad Gilbert's "put your money where your mouth is" -type comment to Cliff was pretty stupid - Cliff didn't say he thought Younes would win.

That said, I don't care much for Cliff's commentating either - especially his "You're watching first round women's singles" or "You're watching first round men's singles" type comments - come on, Cliff, we know what we're watching He also gives the score too much.

Cariaoke
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I love Chris and Suzie because they do the NFL/College football highlight shows. I 'know' them well and they are professionals.

I really feel sorry for Cliff because he is so tentative in the booth. Like he isn't confident in what he says when he's around Pat or any of the other idiots. I can sense that he feels he'll be jumped on by one of them. Even when Cliff and Pam get together, it's like she disagrees with everything he says and then talks about her boring ass career. I used to not like Cliff much but now I really do, seeing that he gets no respect from his so-called colleagues.

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:41 PM
well stated Cari.

1jackson2001, Sure Andy is an ok player but Pat and co make it seem that only ANDY himself is the next Pete and Andre. One man can't be the future of American's tennis. LOL..like all of our hopes and prayers depend only on what Andy Roddick does on the court.

I hope Greg beats Andy down today.. just to shutup Pat and the media hype.

Lmao@disposable.