PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova is here...hear her roar :o

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Lol,

Well this is the first time I've officially seen Maria play. Anyone see her match against Ashley Harkleroad...or a game or two of the match that is? I've never heard anyone grunt that loud in my life, not even Monica...and definetly not anyone 16 years of age :p

Hehe, just pretty hilarious. Even Ashley was chuckling :D

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Yeah, that was the first time I had ever seen her play. Her grunt made me laugh so much, it sort of sounded like a horse lol.
But I was really impressed with the way she played, her forehand! :hearts: Very nice! ;) In that second set, she was just pounding winners everywhere! She has a very good attitude too, after every point there would be a ''c'mon'' and a clenched fist.
I was very impressed by her, she can definetly go far :)

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Yeah I agree, she has a great forehand, and definetly a great attitude.

Looking forward to a possible Dokic vs. Sharapova 3rd round. Talk about ball bashing :eek:

AKTW
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:00 AM
'roar' is an appropriate word!

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:01 AM
i saw her whole match. i also saw her in person at the oz open this year. she is very impressive.

AleOrtu
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:25 AM
I was going to start a thread like this!! because.......

1- It was so funny to hear them both screaming, specially Maria
2- I canīt believe how pretty she is! :drool: :hearts: Itīs not the same to see pictures than see her playing. Mary is really really beautifull! :kiss:

DiNaPic
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:44 AM
photos without sound:

http://www.crimsoncards.com/platinum6/pictures/images/upload/1056487117-16595.jpg

Steff_forever
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM
photo with sound:

:hearts:http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_04_sharapova04_ps.jpg :hearts:
def. Elena Bovina {22} 6-3 6-1

Congrats Little Shouter !:worship:
was a bit noisy today ...

thanks for the assemblage/collage, dnadd ! :kiss:

Shooter
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:55 PM
The last picture of Maria posted in this thread would make a great Avatar. It's a classic because it shows off her good looks and because she's so happy in it.

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Shooter.jpg

jrm
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:43 PM
actually watching her match against bovina - jelena was LOUDER than Maria. Really annoying thing: she clinches her fist on every winning point and holds it for a few seconds!

maya
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:06 AM
That photo is sooooo Cool and LOL at the same time :D!

I have finally heard Maria! Very loud, and consistantly loud (but not as much as I have expected from the reports of others). Maybe it was because she was playing Elena, who seemed to be even louder (but not all the time - mainly on serve). It looked like "who can scream louder" at times.

Good luck to Maria in the future: keep yelling ;)!

Jeff
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Yeah I'm not sure that she was quite as loud in her match with Bovina. In her match with Harkleroad, though, she was literally roaring.

But boy she is a great player! Yes! Dokic vs. Sharapova 3rd round. Hopefully they will show that match, because it's going to be a slug match for sure :)

Cariaoke
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Good luck tomorrow, Sharky! :bounce:

the cat
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Maria Sharapova "The Siberian Tigress" will be roaring tomorrow! :D

Ryan
Jun 28th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Vamos Maria! :D:D She's quickly made a fan out of me with her amazing game and attitude. Kiick Dokic's ass. :fiery: :devil:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Go Masha! :D Crush Dokic in straight sets! :D

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Hopefully, we'll see parts of the match against Dokic on ESPN...but I doubt it 'cos Mr. Agassi will be playing his match at the same time :( ;)

That is why I wanted to see Andre loose in the 1st round :(

;)

maya
Jun 28th, 2003, 06:20 PM
And she won :D! Still waiting to see her whole match :( ... I want to hear her damn it :fiery:!

Peter M
Jun 28th, 2003, 07:44 PM
She played great but, honestly, that gunt is totally unnecessary. I understand grunting coming naturally- I do it myself. But, she needs to do something about volume ASAP.

In other words, it's not the grunting per se; it's the decimals.

Cariaoke
Jun 29th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Alrighty, beat Kuznetsova on Monday, Masha! QF's, baby!