PDA

View Full Version : So, how is everyone liking the tennis channel?

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:19 AM
I just found out that Time Warner Houston carries the tennis channel!!!!! I am going to order cable again friday after I get my check. I am so happy. I am going to be paying for it this time so my father can't hold it over my head if I mess up at school or anything. :p My dad cancelled cable after the WTA Championships last year. I did bad in one class.... whatever. Anyway, so is the channel any good or am I setting myself up for a big let down. :confused: I was planning on ordering later this summer, but this just pushed me over the edge. I have been missing TechTV, DIY, BBC America and HBO.

A link to there lineup:
http://www.twchouston.com/cable/index.html
Number 112 :)

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:22 AM
I dont think anybody has it or not alot of people. IMO i think its stupid because the tennis channel is buying all the rights to these tournaments and their not giving it to many cable companies (rollseyes). I rather have espn just go ahead and do the coverage and anyways if im going away and stayin somewhere like a hotel or my cousins espn or espn wouldn't be foreign and they would most likely carry the channel

Rtael
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:55 AM
well two major companies now run it....Cox and TWC.....Well....I just edited this part ;)

LOL...I'm moving to mississippiu and they have Time Warner there but it's not on the regional site for my area and I emailed the person and they said We don't have it yet were still in negotiation and it would be available (maybe) in one of the sports tier's later this year.... I'm pissed =(

Rtael
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:58 AM
BTW rhz has TTC....so you can ask him about it...

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:13 PM
So does anyone actually have the channel?

Jarrett
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Well nevermind I guess. lol I just order cable and asked about the tennis channel and the operator told me some other people had already called about it that day. Yay! Go tennis fans!