PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it watching tennis on Wednesday???

Iroda_Fan
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Specially for those of us who live in the States. I know ESPN is gonna show Andy's Match all of it and today they kept on saying it. I thought Patric McEnroe was going to have an ORGASM :eek: :eek: when one of the other commetators said something about it. I do not wannnnnnna watch this match!!!!!!!!!Don't they get that point, that is them (commentators) who are the only ones who wanna see this match and not us!!!!!!! I just hope they show some women's tennis, besides the ending of every match!!!!!!!!!

LeonHart
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:19 AM
I'm only interested to see Andy lose tomorrow...and some women's tennis!! :angel::bounce:

Havok
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:19 AM
well some people like watching Andy, so yes people do want to watch this match. but i do agree, the commentators have to lay off the pro Andy shit. its really getting on my nerves, and i even like the guy.

TennisHack
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:21 AM
ESPN has promised to show Venus and Lindsay as well as Andy's match tomorrow, and I'm fairly sure they will show those matches, live or taped. I mean, hell, they showed Ferrero today :eek:

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:29 AM
They already overcovered the boy when he won against Sanguinetti :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Today was Ladies Day and we saw very little women's tennis! :mad:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Well, I am not complaining--am I ever!!! Liking everybody--or atleast making an effort not to despise anyone hardcore really helps because coverage will NEVER be "unbearable."

Jordan.
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Atleast everyone gets to see the beautiful, charming Rita Grande.

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Venus is on centre court before Roddick so ther is no reason they shouldn't show Venus' match live in it's entirety.

Rtael
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:51 AM
God Iroda I know what you mean....I thought Cliff was gonna orgasm talking about Andy too....it's fucking sick. I swear to god they are perving over that boy....and he aint even cute!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM
God Iroda I know what you mean....I thought Cliff was gonna orgasm talking about Andy too....it's fucking sick. I swear to god they are perving over that boy....and he aint even cute!

He's a white American male with a chance to win a GS title, what do you expect??

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Atleast everyone gets to see the beautiful, charming Rita Grande.

So your obsession with Vera hasn't completely wiped out that love affair you had with Grande once upon a time!

LucasArg
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Espn is showing a lot of women's matches. Today they showed Serena, Capriati, Harkleroad, Henin.

I hope they keep doing the same for the rest of the tournament :angel:

Couver
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Actually this Wimbledon has been horrendous. I only saw Serena's complete match, that was the only women's match I believe they even showed today.

And Monday was even worse, they just showed the end of Venus, Kim, and Lindsay's matches.

Clearly this Wimbledon is not about the women.

1jackson2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:49 AM
They showed Capriati and Serena's matches in their entirety already! Plus parts of Henin's and Dokic's matches...

maximus82
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Guys - I love women's tennis too, but honestly, I think y'all are whinging a bit much...so far there haven't been women's matches of nearly the same calibre/drama as the men's matches...I don't know what matches have made it on TV there, but the majority of the guys matches I've seen from being on the grounds have been 4 or five sets and decently close...even among the top seeds. The same cannot be said for the women (look at Clijsters half-hour match, for instance). And, yes, of course they should show the Roddick-Rusedski match : You have one of the title favorites and against one of the remaining Brits. How can Venus or Davenport stomping over another player compete with that?

Dirty Sanchez
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Yes I'm really looking forward for the Roddick - Rusedski battle of the big servers. It has the potential to be a classic and I'm looking forward to it!

Don't you guys get the digital service where you have a choice of 5 matches to watch??? I always thought the US was ahead of the Brits ;):p