PDA

View Full Version : Does Cliff seem to have a problem with Brad Gilbert????

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:20 AM
I am sensing a vibe... :confused:

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:26 AM
yea!!! i did too! he said a few times during the agassi match, "would you mind if i finished my sentence," or "i was just saying that." its really awkward to me, at least.

Sanneriet
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Brad never seems to stop talking and seems to think everyone else is an idiot. And don't even think about putting their two cents worth in about Andre. I'm with Cliffy on this, don't like him.

And that new woman in the booth is hideous. She mangles everyone's name. I SWEAR she called Henrieta Nagyova (spelling?) Henrieta Noriega once. She must know something about someone at ESPN, but she sure doesn't know tennis.

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:36 AM
yea... the new chick is even worse. and she makes mary sound even more like one of the guys! i love mary, and i dont want that.

Hawk
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:36 AM
The new girl is so slow..she just seems to talk and react slowly :confused:

Plus I just seemed to get the feeling she knows nothing about tennis ..although I'm sure that's not true :p

tennischick
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:39 AM
i like Brad. it's nice having a perspective from someone who is intimately connected to many players. maybe Cliff is threatened but i didn't sense anything.

the creature who pisses me off is Pam Shriver. she is so bloody self-referential. she talks contantly about her own accomplishments and her own records. who gives a shit Pam! :mad:

Havok
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:39 AM
the new girl SUCKS ASS. seriously, my ass could do a better job than that twit. it seems as though she had to think before she uttered a word all the time, and was afraid to talk because she knew she was going to screw up. they should fire her IMMEDIATELY. i mean any one of us would be able to do a MUCH better job than her. what an embarassement to the team.

Berlin_Calling
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=Sanneriet]
I SWEAR she called Henrieta Nagyova (spelling?) Henrieta Noriega once.QUOTE]

LOL, yea I heard her say that also and I was like WTF? :confused: How the hell do u get Noriega out of Nagyova. It beats me...:o

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:51 AM
lol haha true!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:56 AM
i like Brad. it's nice having a perspective from someone who is intimately connected to many players. maybe Cliff is threatened but i didn't sense anything.

It IS nice. At the same time, he just doesn't shut-up though. He thinks he knows everything. He acts like he's God. He doesn't let Cliff talk guys! LOL! You're not seeing things, it's the truth. And Pat is his little sidekick. Now that Brad is here--they both kinda gang up on Cliff. Brad just tries to make Cliff feel stupid! It's like 8th grade!! Very funny or very sad, which one?! It's like Brad took Cliff's seat on the school bus and now it's war. So now, maybe Cliff is like, diabolically hoping Andy will lose tomorrow. Mwah ha

Guys, she DID say Noriega instead of Nagyova. Hahahaha!! LOL! But I guess, you know, it's live, it's broadcast, shit happens! Can't take it back, can't hide, just gotta learn from the mistakes

Rocketta
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:59 AM
whose the new girl?? I only get to watch to 10am and haven't seen her? What's her name?

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:36 AM
And that new woman in the booth is hideous. She mangles everyone's name. I SWEAR she called Henrieta Nagyova (spelling?) Henrieta Noriega once. She must know something about someone at ESPN, but she sure doesn't know tennis.

lol..I did hear her jack up a few names...she sounded today like she is making efforts not to...she still stutters all over herself.

tazban1
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:03 AM
I've seen Suzy Colber commentating for figure skating. From what I can tell she's just one of those all-purpose commentators that networks like to plug in for whatever reason even though there's no need for her to be there. She was terrible for skating as well. I really don't get what the point of her being there is.

vogus
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:19 AM
I like the new chick Suzy, I think she's nice, and you people ought to welcome her a little bit better to the tennis community instead of just bitching and hating on her. Of course she doesn't know how to pronounce the names, she's a tennis novice. Give her a chance, and then if she still sucks next year then you can start ragging on her. That guy for TNT Ernie was terrible too when he first started, but by the end he got very tennis literate.

Gilbert is a smart, natural commentator, and Cliff probably knows that if Gilbert were to come permanently into the boothfor ESPN, he (Cliff) is the one who's going to get squeezed out, not Pat or Carillo. So he must feel a bit threatened.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Gilbert is a smart, natural commentator, and Cliff probably knows that if Gilbert were to come permanently into the boothfor ESPN, he (Cliff) is the one who's going to get squeezed out, not Pat or Carillo. So he must feel a bit threatened.

Why don't they do something about Pat...almost everything revolves around Roddick and Davis cup with him! :eek:

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Don't think Patrick McEnroe likes him much either. Patrick is used to being the one acting like the "intelligent one" and arguing with Cliff. Don't think he liked it too much when Brad was doing the same thing to him about Agassi's advantages and disadvantages.

Pretty funny I thought :D

Meesh
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM
It is very noticable and like someone else said embarrasing at times. Both Patrick and Brad were really giving Cliff a hard time....and at one point Brad asked Cliff if he would like to make a cash wager on his thoughts on a player. Cliff did the right thing and said NO I'll PASS!
I don't like Brad and Patrick in the booth. Both have a vested interest in certain players and are sooo biased! (Patrick - Coach of USA Davis Team and Brad coach of Andy Hotdick)

1jackson2001
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I swear it sounds like Pat and Cliff are arguing sometimes...it gets pretty heated.

Pat likes to gives Cliff "tests" a lot...and Pat picks on Cliff for every lil nit picky detail. I feel bad for Cliff sometimes....I think they all feel (at least Cliff) tension between them sometimes...but of course they're not gonna let that get onto air. ;)

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:34 AM
I swear it sounds like Pat and Cliff are arguing sometimes...it gets pretty heated.

Pat likes to gives Cliff "tests" a lot...and Pat picks on Cliff for every lil nit picky detail. I feel bad for Cliff sometimes....I think they all feel (at least Cliff) tension between them sometimes...but of course they're not gonna let that get onto air. ;)

Yes you can tell Cliff is much more comfortable when he is teamed with Mary Joe or Pam Shriver. I can't stand Patrick...grr! Him and Jim Courier...lol talk about annoying.

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Oops I just started another thread on this very issue.

Anyway I am on Cliff's side here.. brad and pat are picking on him. I find the american arrogance teaming up shindig sad.

the more they speak the more I hope Roddick and Andre lose.. I kow it is wrong but I can't help it.:)