PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Ai Sugiyama in Belgian magazine.

Astro Jetson
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:52 PM
In the Belgian magazine Humo (think Time magazine meets Rolling Stone) there's an interview with Ai Sugiyama this week. Here are some translated bits which I found the most interesting:

Q.: Didn't you ever think: I wish I was a bit taller?
A.: More than once. Especially on the serve it's a big disadvantage that I'm that small, but Justine's win in Paris gave me huge confidence: you can be small and still win a major. Justine has had serves in Paris of 174 km/h; also that gave me a lot of confidence. Being small, on the other hand, also has advantages: your footwork is excellent and you can hold your balance much easier. :)

Q.: Serena isn't willing to do anything for tennis. Otherwise she would have a breast reduction, wouldn't she?
A.: (laughs) Yeah, I see. There indeed are some players who had a reduction. And if I had Serena's breasts, I don't know ... it's got to be tough, I think (laughs). :p

Q.: When Serena lost at Roland Garros, she cried bitter tears.
A.: (diplomatic) Well, the Williams sisters are really quite different, you know. More I won't say. :confused:

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:55 PM
hmmm... @ the Serena questions...

ROFL @ Serena needing a breast reduction... 'if I had Serena's breasts...it's got to be tough, I think.' ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wipes tears*

did they ask her how it felt to lose to Serena? why the obsession with Serena? :confused:

Kart
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Q.: Serena isn't willing to do anything for tennis. Otherwise she would have a breast reduction, wouldn't she?

What kind of a question is that ?

Tell me that during the rest of the interview they asked her about her illustrious doubles career and not about the physical attributes of the rest of the top ten :rolleyes:.

Astro Jetson
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:00 PM
These were the bits I found interesting. There were much more questions about her coach/mother, Kim, tennis in general etc.
Those were the only questions about Serena.
Sorry, but don't feel like translating the whole interview. Too lazy. :o

Mercury Rising
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:05 PM
These were the bits I found interesting. There were much more questions about her coach/mother, Kim, tennis in general etc.
Those were the only questions about Serena.
Sorry, but don't feel like translating the whole interview. Too lazy. :o
You wanted to make some uproar on purpose, no? lol

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:08 PM
lol...

thanks for the info but really, what's up with the Serena breast question... was the reporter just making comments about other women's bodies and went down the boobilicious lane? it just seems... random.

Astro Jetson
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM
That question followed a bunch of question's about euhmmm ... "female" problems in sports.

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM
LOL... then I'll have to get a Belgian friend to translate the entire article... :p

Nemesis
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM
It's Humo. Their reporters are wicked. Don't mind the question :p :)

It's a nice interview indeed. Especially the description in the beginning of Capriati & Daniela entering the lobby while he waited for kind Ai.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Would anyone be willing to translate the pats about Kim?? Please :)

Hagar
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Oh, I need to go to the newspaper shop to buy this magazine.

Elke
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Would anyone be willing to translate the pats about Kim?? Please :)
I can do it, but only Friday if that's ok...
Put it up on CCl too.;)