Winning % on 1st Serve 28 of 32 = 88 %
Winning % on 2nd Serve 15 of 22 = 68 %
Winners (Including Service) 9
Receiving Points Won 26 of 57 = 46 %
Break Point Conversions 3 of 5 = 60 %
Net Approaches 3 of 4 = 75 %
Total Points Won 69
Fastest Serve 112 MPH (julia =112 MPH )
Average 1st Serve Speed 103 MPH (Julia =102 MPH )
Average 2nd Serve Speed 91 MPH (julia = 99 MPH)

katrientje
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:51 PM
:worship: Well done Justine!

:bounce: :bounce:

Mercury Rising
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:20 PM
average harder than Julia? :eek: :eek: and I thought she served like hell lol.
Amazing really :D

xin
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Yes, very good looking and erase some of my doubts. But V is really a terrible returner. Justine didn't feel much pressure on serve, you know. This stats really look unusually to me. Hope I'm too critical though.

MartinaI
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Justine is an amzing server and hitter of the ball. I wish people would get over the idea that she is a lightweight hitter because she is small, that's rubbish cos she's serves faster and hits harder than both William's sisters I think, having watched them all. Stats from French Open also suggest this. Go Justine!

Defcon
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Great match for Justine !

She returned really well in the 2nd set and that return of serve against hard servers will be key for her.

I wish she came in more opften though - she has by far the best volleys among the top women. Combined with her great court sense and the ability to hit slice approaches she really should take advantage.

Sanneriet
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Rank Player Country Serve Speed MPH Serve Speed km/h

1 S.Stosur AUS 117 188

2 I.Tulyaganova UZB 114 183

2 V.Williams USA 114 183

4 E.Baltacha GBR 113 182

4 J.Capriati USA 113 182

6 J.Vakulenko UKR 112 180

6 J.Henin-Hardenne BEL 112 180

8 K.Clijsters BEL 109 175

8 E.Dominikovic AUS 109 175

10 S.Williams USA 108 174

11 L.Davenport USA 107 172

12 A.Keothavong GBR 106 171

13 K.Srebotnik SLO 105 169

14 C.Gullickson USA 104 167

14 E.Bovina RUS 104 167

16 M.Casanova SUI 103 166

16 C.Morariu USA 103 166

16 T.Tanasugarn THA 103 166

19 A.Myskina RUS 102 164

19 V.Zvonareva RUS 102 164

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:44 PM
vakulenko has 2 first serves! period! 3 mph apart! wow. too bad she stands so far out and makes so many unforced errors...

treufreund
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:53 PM
:eek: @ samantha

Norma2
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Henin hurry up and lose to some unknown, i want everbody to see that you're RG title was a fluke, so get lost. Plus i want DOkic to make the semis NOT YOU!!!!!!!

treufreund
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:34 AM
oh yeah her roland garros title was a fluke despite being 22-1 on clay beating Serena twice, Kim twice, Amelie once, Schnyder... :rolleyes:

jenny161185
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:48 AM
yeah it was a fluke LOL!!! Justine served and returned well today , jULIA was serving great for most of it

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:12 AM
keep the flukes coming Justine, I like it when you 'luck out'
oh yeah, and don't foget to continue losing to those unknowns ;)
(and regarding another thread)
keep on stinking on grass Kim, I love it when you embarass yourself like you did on Monday ;)

martinafan
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:13 AM
where'd u get the match stats from?...i can't find them on the wimbledon site??? :( :(

Hingiswinsthis
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Just as everyone was about to jump all over Justine for a shaky first set, she shut their mouths in the 2nd:D:D:D Well done JUSTINE:D!

harloo
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Hmmmmm.... first round matches really mean nothing in slams, but it seems some people think so highly of early rounds. Go figure. Noone has proven anything to me yet, not even my faves. :rolleyes:

Fingon
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Henin hurry up and lose to some unknown, i want everbody to see that you're RG title was a fluke, so get lost. Plus i want DOkic to make the semis NOT YOU!!!!!!!

something that Dokic will never do

Fingon
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Hmmmmm.... first round matches really mean nothing in slams, but it seems some people think so highly of early rounds. Go figure. Noone has proven anything to me yet, not even my faves. :rolleyes:

I agree, Samantha Stosur, Julia Vakulenko, Jill Craybas or Rossana Neffa de los Rios are not opponents to be measured against.

The real deal starts in the second week.

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:02 AM
stosur and vakulenko can be dangerous. i think stosur is someone to ber measured against but maybe not vakulenko because she is so inconsistnet. but justine did play very well in that second set taking the ball extra early.

if vakulenko was to stand closer in when she served then i think her first serve speed would be a bit higher. if she can make the adjustment then she might become a pretty good player but she does also need to work on consistency.

Diya
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:07 AM
For the first TEN games in the first set i was suprised by how well Vakulenko was playing but after than Justine really lifted her game a few notches ! Entertaining match :)

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Clijsters was hitting well in the highiights of her match, but she usually gets tons of double bagels in the early rounds of tournaments especially slams. Venus, Serena, Henin don't get many double bagels at all, but if they go up against Clijsters they would be considered the favorite right now. Clijsters doesn't give up alot of games in tournaments until the QF or Semis. I think someone said Mary Pierce also had a double bagel today.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:08 AM
:eek: @ samantha
It doesn't surprised me at all because I knew her serve so well ;) LOL!

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Clijsters was hitting well in the highiights of her match, but she usually gets tons of double bagels in the early rounds of tournaments especially slams.

lol! I wouldn't say she gets tons of double bagels ;)
I think this might be her first in a while

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:14 AM
she may get a couple of bagels but not double bagels.

Norma2
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:16 AM
oh she already has idiot fingon.

Norma2
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:19 AM
By the way Henins 1st round match was the boringest thing i've ever seen. half the stadium was empty and most people in it were falling asleep. Plus Henin only won the 1st set coz of Vakulenko's errors. Henin was definetly the worst player of the 2 in the 1st set. Its just really embaressing to see someone who just won a grand slam to get really stretched by so many unknown players shortly afterwards!! and then blaming it on a left hand injury!!!! pathetic

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Here's a list of double bagels this year:
Clijsters d. Mandula (Australian Open 2r),
Mauresmo d. Dementieva (Paris Indoors SF),
Bartoli d Baker (Miami 1r),
S. WIlliams d. Schett (Roland Garros 4r)
Clijsters d. Neffa de los Rios (Wimbledon 1r)

Kim does have the most(2) but really now?!

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:24 AM
vakulenko was in a bit of form recently entering the top 100 for the first time and getting to the 3rd round of RG losing to capriati (pretty badly) but it's interesting that vakulenko did so well on clay considering that she makes so many errors.

martinafan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM
please, can anyone tell me where u can get match stats from?...i really wanna see them - especially jelena's! :)

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM
vakulenko was in a bit of form recently entering the top 100 for the first time and getting to the 3rd round of RG losing to capriati (pretty badly) but it's interesting that vakulenko did so well on clay considering that she makes so many errors.

I guess we can add her to the list of tall, blonde, hard-hitting, Russian baseliners ;)

ps. yes I know she's Ukrainian but she's fits the rest of the bill nicely!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:28 AM
she may get a couple of bagels but not double bagels.

OK maybe not tons, but she sure comes close alot!! It seems like she gets tons of them. She always takes care of her earlier round opponents rather routinely, far more routinely than any other top player.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:31 AM
please, can anyone tell me where u can get match stats from?...i really wanna see them - especially jelena's! :)

are you looking for stats on specific matches? For that you can go to the wimbledon website. Here's the link for her match today:
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/stats/day2/2025ms.html

for stats on her season you can go to the Wtatour site and other sites keep track of that stuff too...

hope that helps :)

alexusjonesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:36 AM
OK maybe not tons, but she sure comes close alot!! It seems like she gets tons of them. She always takes care of her earlier round opponents rather routinely, far more routinely than any other top player.

I agree, at the Aussie Open and Roland Garros, she was one of the most (if not the most) dominating players. I think she dominated more than Serena in Australia until the semis, and she was spending the least time of anyone on court at Roland Garros until Maggie bageled her. She does seem to cruise through the earlier rounds. But Serena says this (and I believe her) that she drastically improves over the course of two weeks so somehow she knows just when to peak and I think Justine tried the same thing at this year's French, her early matches were unspectacular but she brought out her A-game in the later rounds when she needed it most.

per4ever
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:01 AM
By the way Henins 1st round match was the boringest thing i've ever seen. half the stadium was empty and most people in it were falling asleep. Plus Henin only won the 1st set coz of Vakulenko's errors. Henin was definetly the worst player of the 2 in the 1st set. Its just really embaressing to see someone who just won a grand slam to get really stretched by so many unknown players shortly afterwards!! and then blaming it on a left hand injury!!!! pathetic
you don't have to post a thousand times that you don't like Justine or know nothing about tennis at all :)

you're making yourself ridiculous

Lien
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=per4ever]you don't have to post a thousand times that you don't like Justine or know nothing about tennis at all :)

you're making yourself ridiculous[/QUOTE

His comment is partly true I have to say in the first set then. There were more faults than anything else, Henin also had only three winners even Vakulenko had more winners I think. Anyway it was better in the second set.

*liana*
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:37 AM
you know, I agree with Harloo. It was a first round match, get over it.
If Justine would have had those serve stats against a top 30 player or something, that would have been impressive. Still good fight from Justine against a server like Julia.

gladysharon
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Whatever it is...
it's good to see Justine do well with her injured hand!
GO JUSTINE!! :bounce: :bounce: