PDA

View Full Version : Espn Lied!

treufreund
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:38 PM
They said in their wimby preview that they had learned from the mistakes of the FRENCH OPEN and would show more LIVE TENNIS. But instead they show us Cappy taped, Serena taped and promise to show Agassihole three times today, (live in the morning, once again in the afternoon and in the highlights at 8:30) This is a travesty.

Tratree
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Yes, but we got live Ferrero on grass, Treu....now THAT is some great tennis. Woo hoo!

AjdeNate!
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Serena was on live this morning. This is the 2nd time they're showing her.

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM
:rolleyes:

AjdeNate!
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:49 PM
:rolleyes:

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Come to Australia! :p We have two channels of tennis coverage! :p Both are different matches! :p

the cat
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:00 PM
After Agassi's match finally ended, ESPN2 went to scores and hightlights and then commercials instead of going to the Sharapova - Harkleroad match. By the time they got to Maria's match it was almost over. :( They wasted about 10 minutes of live action. They should have saved the scores and highlights for later on when the action had slowed. I mean how many times do we need to see the S. Williams - Craybas highlights?

LeonHart
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I'm seriously getting tired to seeing the same ppl over and over at grandslams...can we get some COVERAGE please?!?!?!?! Coverage of the tournament, not Agassi, Roddick, Serena, over and over and over again! grar!:mad:

Warrior
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:21 PM
ESPN sucks as usual!

Julian
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:22 PM
I mean how many times do we need to see the S. Williams - Craybas highlights?

Just about as many times as when we saw the Hewitt-Karlovic match yesterday. :D :rolleyes:

cellophane
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Maybe they meant they would start showing *men's* tennis live? ;)

AleOrtu
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:09 PM
ESPN is great!

Here (South Amèrica) we have ESPN and ESPN+ and they both show matchs (they did it during Rolland Garros, and they´ll do it in next week)
They have shown all direct matchs, yesterday and today too. And it´s a pleasure to have Javier Frana´s comments. He teachs a lot every time he open the mouth (Javier is an ex-player)

franny
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:25 AM
but espn is live. In the morning they are, during their live coverage. By the time their second airing came on, most matches were already over. I thought their coverage was great becuz they are showing live matches in their main coverage time on espn 2 and then later on they are showing taped matches, which is better than nothing.

jenglisbe
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Yeah, everything I saw on ESPN today was live. They showed Dokic, Serena, Henman, Agassi, Ferrero, Sharapova, etc. live. I missed when they showed Capriati, so that could have been taped...

thecat - I agree, but at the same time there is never really a time when nothing is going on. Any time they do highlights, it will be at the expense of a live match.

LucasArg
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:38 AM
Sorry but ESPN in Argentina showed Serena live, Capriati live, Henin live. Only Sharapova taped.

Jeff
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Face it, ESPN will never have the quality of TNT. But I have to give ESPN credit, they are definetly doing a lot better than I expected them to...for both the French Open and Wimbledon.

To me it stinks that matches here in California begin at 4am in the morning on ESPN 2 :eek: But I think about it...at least it is live tennis...and 6 hours of coverage! Then, they continue on regular ESPN for another 4 hours, showing the key matches that people didn't get to see earlier.

And to top it off, they again show the key matches during the afternoon highlight show! So, I think they are doing a descent job. This is tennis, and during the early rounds several matches are going on. Impossible to show all of them.

Meesh
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:19 AM
I mean how many times do we need to see the S. Williams - Craybas highlights?

Apparently 4 times. yes, I have seen that match four different times today. Like Hewitt yesterday! When I was getting ready for work at 6am Eastern time this a.m. they were showing Hewitt again. I had already seen him 3 times yesterday! I realize it's a big upset but enough is enough.