PDA

View Full Version : i am not into Wimby this year..

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Because for one the ESPN coverage is horrible. It feels more like an ATP tour event than a grandslam. Also I am tied of the cheating that goes on in tennis. Wimby draw is stacked like hell, those fools are trying like hell to give Kim and Juju a grandslam and they want Venus and Serena to fall.

I find it a cheatin' shame how Serena got ELS again.. and Venus got two hard Russians. While Kim got horrible non grass playing clay courters. The draw is stacked. Alex got Loit, the same kid who gave Serena fits.

I know many of you won't feel the way I do about it, but bottom line Wimby are cheaters and draws are rigged. I know that if Venus or Serena were #2 and #3 that they still would have gotten the draws that they got at #1 and #4.

I hope truth prevails and a Williams takes home the trophy to show cheating and dishonest people that cheaters never win.

Again... the draw is stacked against the Williams and for other players.

Sanneriet
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:02 PM
I agree 100% about the coverage but not about the draws.

E. Blackadder
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Good luck in your next match Serena :D

Cariaoke
yes, the coverage blows! I like how you speak your mind, Dawn... no matter what bullshit went on with the draws (and will continue to go on), our girls always advance high in the tournaments. :)

All4Williams
Dawn,

I guess it makes the fixers feel that as long as Kim gets to be #1, they do not mind watching 60 60 boring performances.
Unfortunately, the easy draws fail to tune Clisters up and she fails when she meets the first challenge.
Even EsPn.com said at RO that Kim was "Chosen" to win rolland Garros but see how boring that final was!! She may become #1 and like Hingis be critised thereafter.

tenn_ace
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:04 PM
thanks for complementing Russians...

lakeway11
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:05 PM
dm--i'd be more concerned about the draw in terms of having 32 seeds that "protect" the seeded players...moreso than already needed which means the top players not only benefit from an uneven purse distribution but also easier competition

per4ever
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:06 PM
lmao...just like ELS is a top 10 player :rolleyes:

the williamses didn't even lose yet and you're already making up excuses

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks Cari, and I still think Venus and Serena are the ones to beat but I am tired of organisers trying their best to cheat against V@S.

ESPMEN is atrocious as hell and won't give the ladies their props. I find myself hoping Roddick and Agassi lose .. and it is not right. lol

Hurley
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:08 PM
I love how they can rig public draws. It really amazes me how they get away with it at every tournament, year after year. :D

katrientje
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Serena is an amazing player and the draw doesn't really mather, she is the favourite for the title any way you put it. I don't see anyone troubling her on this surface.
And about Kim: the easy draw didn't help her at RG, I think it was more of a disadvantage, because she did'nt really have to play before the finale, so if they are rigging the draw they are not doing a good job ;-)

katrientje
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:10 PM
I love how they can rig public draws. It really amazes me how they get away with it at every tournament, year after year. :D

LOL :D

E. Blackadder
lmao...just like ELS is a top 10 player :rolleyes:

nope she isn't and never will be, but she's a grasscourter and knows how to serve and volley.

LeonHart
I agree with the crap coverage!!! Grarrrr..:mad::fiery:

Josh
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I swear, when they did the draw those blabbing women were put there to divert attention while they were rigging the draw. :fiery:

gentenaire
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM

LOL, I know. They say it's rigged every time, for every slam (congrats on being the first for Wimbledon this year, Dawn), but no one's ever explained HOW they can possibly rig draws. Just think of the high number of people who'd need to be in on the game. Just think of the enormous risks they'd take by rigging the draws, if it got out, tennis would lose all its credibility. And what for?

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM
"Serena is an amazing player and the draw doesn't really mather, she is the favourite for the title any way you put it. I don't see anyone troubling her on this surface.
And about Kim: the easy draw didn't help her at RG, I think it was more of a disadvantage, because she did'nt really have to play before the finale, so if they are rigging the draw they are not doing a good job ;-)"

I agree with this assessment but it still does not change my opinion on how I feel about the cheating tennis organizers. How I feel does not mean that I think V@S will lose either. I am just speaking out on cheating. Something that it seems one has to do to beat V@S these days.

gentenaire
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:13 PM
I swear, when they did the draw those blabbing women were put there to divert attention while they were rigging the draw. :fiery:

Damn, I missed that. What were they talking of? Henman blablabla Henman blablablablaaa Rusedsky and Henman blablabla

rated_next
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:14 PM
LOL - what a stupid thread

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:14 PM
I only need five more post to reach 7 THOUSAND.:);)...make it four....now.

per4ever
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:15 PM
nope she isn't and never will be, but she's a grasscourter and knows how to serve and volley.
she lost in birmingham from Obata on grass
in rosmalen from Dementieva on grass.

Els can be a tough opponent if she's having one of her 'super'-days..if not, she's just another easy opponent for a topplayer ;)

decemberlove
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:17 PM
the coverage is horrible.
normally i dont mind watching the mens tour... but mens wimby is SO FUCKING BORING.

E. Blackadder
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:19 PM
she lost in birmingham from Obata on grass

Asagoe :rolleyes:
get your facts right first :p

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:19 PM
rated next, i made it just for you. I thank yah for entering it.:)

lakeway11
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:21 PM
the coverage is horrible.
normally i dont mind watching the mens tour... but mens wimby is SO FUCKING BORING.

dl--did u watch the Rafter/Agassi matches in 2000/01? both were some of the best tennis you'll ever see...

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:25 PM
one more thing about draws. Just because a draw is made public does not mean the way it is done to make the players name pop up is not rigged. i bet you are the same people who think lotterys are all honest. lol

per4ever
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Asagoe :rolleyes:
get your facts right first :p
I knew it was a japanese girl :o

G-Ha
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:27 PM
I am just speaking out on cheating. Something that it seems one has to do to beat V@S these days.

Wow, so not only is Justine a "cheater" but so are Amelie, Vera and Meghann? Or did they not actually cheat in their matches against the Williamses, but the draws were rigged? I know, how dare Miami put Meghann in Venus's round of sixteen...I mean, they know she's beaten her before...how unfair!

selesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I'm never into Wimbledon, I don't care for grass court tennis, I guess it is just a preference. I love the hard courts best. :)

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Everytime I post something about rigged draws the same ole same ole comments are made out against it. can u all please find something NEW or different to state in your defense to the injustice of cheating and rigged draws?

katrientje
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I love Wimbledon! I would watch it just for the BBC-coverage: interesting commentators, no publicity every time the players go sit down.
I admit it only gets better after all the brits are out because they tend to go completely nuts about them, but for the rest: it's perfect!

the cat
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:33 PM
You mean the Lotto I play isn't honest and for real, Dawn? ;) :kiss:

I agree with you about Serena and Venus getting tough draws. Srena could have Dementieva in the fourth round, Capriati in the quarters and Henin in the semi's. That's a tough draw. And we know Venus has a tough draw, too. But that's just the way it played out. And I think it's just a coincidence the Henin and Clijster got creampuff draws. Normally I would think there would be an all Williams Wimbledon final. But this year it will be tough to do because the sisters have their hands full just trying to make the semi's let alone the finals.

The ESPN2 coverage is so frustrating! :fiery: Leaving an Agassi match is so hard for ESPN to do! By the time they got to the Sharapova - Harkleroad match it was all but over. :mad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:34 PM
The draw is always rigged at wimbledon just look at tim henmans seed and draw. They are so biased its pitiful. And hewitt had a line of qualies waiting for him not that hit helped heh.

G-Ha
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Everytime I post something about rigged draws the same ole same ole comments are made out against it. can u all please find something NEW or different to state in your defense to the injustice of cheating and rigged draws?

Sure. As soon as you find a new or different argument...or rather a LOGICAL argument.

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:38 PM
...And look at Roddick and Rusedski the second round match up gives an opportunity for Tim to get one hard serving opponent out of the way.

Curtis F
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM
It's threads like this that brings this site down. Dawn Marie started it to deliberately get a reaction and people are answering exactly the way she wants them to answer. If I was an administrator I'd delete it because it just brings out so much negativity. People say they don't want negativity but a thread like this one will probably increase to about 5 pages and last a day or two. We nearly lost WTAWorld last week but it just seems like some people don't appreciate that it's here for our diversion.

gentenaire
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:40 PM

Because those comments are solid as a rock! And because you still haven't managed to come up with a decent argument against those comments.

lakeway11
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:40 PM
and let's not forget Sampras was told by 'them' to stay away also to help Timmy

All4Williams
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Dawn Marie,

It was so obvious how the draw would pan out, I predicted on the Williams site that Venus would be challenged in the early rounds. I predicted specificall that she would have both Vera and Petrova. I expected Capriati. to be in Venus's quarter. But I guess Serena has Lindsay number it was better to put her in Venus's quarter. there is a belief that Rubin cannot beat Clisters. There will be some suprises though.
Did you notice how the girl Clisters played against refused to play ball. She was determined not to compete!
It will be Vera and Nadia's supporters to get suprised the most. Venus needed sharpening and the draw is in place to help her.

How did they miss pairing Shaparova against Venus.

One day as I have said before, someone will see the light and speak out.

Watch this space...

Iconoclast
And hewitt had a line of qualies waiting for him not that hit helped heh.
If they are rigging draws to accomodate players, which is a dimwitted claim that really doesn't deserve much of a response, they certainly should not hook them up with qualifiers, who are coming in with three fresh victories on grass, but rather with some claycourter ranked below 70.

Dawn Marie
Curtis these are my opinions and I shall delete this thread now.. becasue I don't want it to get out of hand...

Kart
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:42 PM
I think that draws have been rigged for years - none as blatant as the US open though ... when was the last time Venus and Serena were on the same side ?

Oh yes, never.

As for this Wimbledon draw, well it doesn't matter because Venus and Serena can beat everybody. The road to the semis may be tough but they'll get there. It's quite exciting to think of the semi final line up if the top 4 seeds make it.

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:44 PM
"It was so obvious how the draw would pan out, I predicted on the Williams site that Venus would be challenged in the early rounds. I predicted specificall that she would have both Vera and Petrova. I expected Capriati. to be in Venus's quarter. But I guess Serena has Lindsay number it was better to put her in Venus's quarter. there is a belief that Rubin cannot beat Clisters. There will be some suprises though.
Did you notice how the girl Clisters played against refused to play ball. She was determined not to compete!
It will be Vera and Nadia's supporters to get suprised the most. Venus needed sharpening and the draw is in place to help her.

How did they miss pairing Shaparova against Venus.

One day as I have said before, someone will see the light and speak out.

Watch this space".

I agree with this opinion.:)

GoDominique
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:46 PM
It’s funny how they can rig the draws in front of all those journalists. You would expect at least one of them would make a big story out of it. I guess they are all part of the conspiracy.
And with the sounds coming from Radio Wimbledon I really thought they were drawing numbers. Just a perfect illusion. Wow.

Seenus
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Your premise is wrong Dawn. The organisers would prefer to see a Williams in the finals than anyone else. The organisers dream finals in the men's is Agassi against Henman.
Klisters is not a big draw in England and even less in America. The American audience is critical to the organisers.
The organisers are much more likely to cheat for the Williams than against them. They are popular and controversial.
Cheating by the organisers is dangerous. The risk is not justified by the pay-off. For individuals it is a different matter.

King Lindsay
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Curtis these are my opinions and I shall delete this thread now.. becasue I don't want it to get out of hand...

next time don't bother to create threads, dawn. you're such an idiot can you just save us the trouble of taking you down by just not posting at all?

wongqks
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:02 PM
Yes, everyone hate williams sisters. Tournament director invent the word 'rigging draw' ever since Williams sisters were born, and they have have been fine tuning this technique for 18 years until these few years when they really need to use it so that Williams sisters do not win as much as they can :rolleyes:

Please, I hope you are joking dawn, but if you are not, you make people feels that you are a very paranoid person

harloo
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:03 AM
Because for one the ESPN coverage is horrible. It feels more like an ATP tour event than a grandslam. Also I am tied of the cheating that goes on in tennis. Wimby draw is stacked like hell, those fools are trying like hell to give Kim and Juju a grandslam and they want Venus and Serena to fall.

I find it a cheatin' shame how Serena got ELS again.. and Venus got two hard Russians. While Kim got horrible non grass playing clay courters. The draw is stacked. Alex got Loit, the same kid who gave Serena fits.

I know many of you won't feel the way I do about it, but bottom line Wimby are cheaters and draws are rigged. I know that if Venus or Serena were #2 and #3 that they still would have gotten the draws that they got at #1 and #4.

I hope truth prevails and a Williams takes home the trophy to show cheating and dishonest people that cheaters never win.

Exactly Dawn. This was the first thought that came to me when I saw this draw. Oh and it's a coincidence that Kim has had easy draws at the AO, FO, and now Wimby. Justine also. Oh it's just the luck of the draw? Yeah right.

Sorry, but the only reason both Russians appeared in venus's third and 4th rounds is because of the FO where Zvonereva defeated Venus.
Oh and it's also a coincidence that Els Callens who took Serena to 2 tie breaks last year shows up in her 2nd round when Justine and Kim are getting 100 ranked players and qualifiers until the semis. LOL.

If Venus is to get to the final she will have to beat alot of great players to do so, she will have to beat Petrova, Zvonereva, Davenport, and possibly Serena all back 2 back.

Sorry, but IMO tennis organizers saw this as an opportunity and took it. That's just the reality of things, and I do not believe tennis draws are clean, if you do then you are clueless IMO.

:lol:

Petersmiler
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Yes, it's definitely rigged, I mean Baltacha against Dokic, Sugiyama against Ahl, oh wait, what was your point??

Consistency
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Please Folks,
If we are going to accuse any tournament of "rigging" draws, is it too much to come up with something called PROOF or EVIDENCE instead of this silly " Well player X,Y, and Zee always get easy draws, blah,blah,"obsessive fan-cakes. :rolleyes:

Bella
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Classic example of a consistently negative perspective.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Instant
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:28 AM

If the draw wasa stacked moron, the sisters would be on the same side. And fuck the easy draws, Venus has had 2 years of them and still can't win a slam
;)

The Crow
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Draw seems fairly easy for Justine now, but she had Amelie in quarters normally. On grass I feel that was the worse QF you could draw.

And oh if it's really rigged, a real shame for Els, cause with this form, she could have gone really far last year and this year if she hadn't have to play Serena twice so early :mad: