PDA

View Full Version : Carly Gullickson will have better tennis career than Ashley, Maria and Dinara?

tenn_ace
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:45 PM
I saw Carly playing against Iroda and although she lost, I think that she is, at the very least, up there with other youngsters... If not for Carly's inexperience, Iroda would have been the one packing her bags.

She hasn't been awfully successful in juniors, but IMO she will have better pro career than other young girls mentioned here...

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Yes.

Go Carly.

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:48 PM
that's a big statement to say. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

seldom83
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:58 PM
yeh, carly is gonna be amazing!

wongqks
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:08 PM
how old is she?

Myskina Lina
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:09 PM
She's 16, six months older then Masha.

Carly will be better then Ashley off clay but that's it ;)

the cat
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:28 PM
What are you basing this on? :confused: Carly Gullickson looks to be a good prospect. But I saw nothing her game that says she will be the player that Sharapova, Safina and Harkleroad will be.

JaneAgain
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:12 PM
I have also been impressed with Carly. While she is 6 months older than Maria, she has much less experience. It will be interesting to see how the current crop of teens develops over the next year or two.

the cat
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I hope tenn_ace got to see the couple of games ESPN2 showed of Maria Sharapova mauling Ashely Harkleroad 6-2 6-1 and showing an impressive display of power and precision that Gullickson lacked in her match against Tulyganova. I think tenn_ace has changed his mind by now. ;)

Mrs. Peel
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I hope so! She looked pretty good out there, although she has alot of work to do...She threw away that 2nd set :confused: she could have took it to Iroda if she had a bit more experience. Poor kid was probably overwhelmed to be on Center Court.

She still made an impression. :wavey:

tenn_ace
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:59 AM
I hope tenn_ace got to see the couple of games ESPN2 showed of Maria Sharapova mauling Ashely Harkleroad 6-2 6-1 and showing an impressive display of power and precision that Gullickson lacked in her match against Tulyganova. I think tenn_ace has changed his mind by now. ;)

Ashley and Iroda are completely different leagues on grass...

So no, I haven't changed my mind yet, the cat... let's see how Maria does against someone who is comfortable on fast courts as Iroda...

the cat
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:08 AM
You haven't changed your mind yet, tenn_ace? Did you see Carly hit the ball and then see Maria hit the ball? Compared to Maria, who plays with power and precision, Carly guides the ball around the court. This is not a knock on Carly. But she's not on Maria's level as a tennis player.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:17 AM
wat does carly look like?

faboozadoo15
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:18 AM
lol... i dont think so. she made a close match with a top 50 player... maria BEAT handily a top 40 player, made the semi of a tour event, and did all this under much more scruntiny than carly, who is even older. but hey... chanda rubin was piped as the new hope of america over lindsay davenport when they were young, and look how wrong that was. chanda rocks though...

selesfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:20 AM
I didn't get to see Carly play yet. :( I hope I get to see her soon.

Keith
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Carly looks like a well fed Britney Spears. I like her a lot, but i was also impressed with Sharapova. She hit some amazing shots. But her grunting was just something I have never seen before.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:51 AM
None of the girls in the title are better than Masha

Gowza
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:58 AM
never seen carly play but masha was very impressive. why isn't anyone mentioning players like golovin? they are hyped up to be something. has anyone seen golovin play? was sort of power range is she in? anything close to masha because if she is then her career should be pretty good as well.

seeing_red
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:35 AM
How do you 'reckon?