PDA

View Full Version : Serena edges Jill 6-3, 6-3

selesrules
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM
The scorline looks comfortable, but the match was very close and it showed that Serena is VERY beatable. In fact, Serena didn't beat Jill, Jill beat herself with errors on big points.

slydevil6142
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:14 PM
AWW thats exactly what happened :rolleyes: Funny how she beat herself with 5 winners and 21 unforced errors and serena just played passively and waited for her mistakes with 18 winners and 21 unforced errors... please

selesrules
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:17 PM
AWW thats exactly what happened :rolleyes: Funny how she beat herself with 5 winners and 21 unforced errors and serena just played passively and waited for her mistakes with 18 winners and 21 unforced errors... please

18 winners/21 errors is DECENT for Serena.

However 5 winners/21 errors for Jill PROVES that she beat herself. If she made less errors, she would have crushed Serena today. With all these errors and she was still able to make it close & competitive. Serena needs to raise her level 10 times if she wants to be in week 2.

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Please

ans
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:21 PM
The scorline looks comfortable, but the match was very close and it showed that Serena is VERY beatable. In fact, Serena didn't beat Jill, Jill beat herself with errors on big points.

of course, she's beatable! But not so early...

gentenaire
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:22 PM
It was her first match on grass, so it's normal that her game isn't top level yet.

Mr. Man
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:24 PM
http://www.shad0wb0xer.com/vs2/images/smilies/hah.gif selesrules!

Iconoclast
I think you are expecting way too much of Jill Craybas. Serena just did what she had to.

And for the record, she also looked beatable against Callens last year. But look where that got her.

Infiniti2001
Your obsession with Serena will kill you :mad: Don't you have some chores to do around the house?? I see it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong summer :rolleyes: :fiery: :devil:

brickhousesupporter
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Congrats Serena I hope you can edge out 6 more matches.

Pureracket
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:27 PM
I don't even laugh at Selesrules anymore. The people who even engage in conversation with him are beginning to crack me up.

LOL!!!!!

spokenword73
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.shad0wb0xer.com/vs2/images/smilies/hah.gif selesrules!

LMAO!! where you get that smilie face??

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:30 PM
that's my smilie, he stole... :mad: :p @ Ken... suckas who steal smilies get cap busted in dey ass...

I could give a fuck what SR thinks... he's obviously desperate... so for him...

http://shad0wb0xer.com/pics/wimby2003/reewins1r.gif

view it and weep, fucktard... to everybody else, have a blessed day. holla!

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Sista' please, we can't be having none of dat up in chea, aight?

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM
ROFL! Jordan, don't make me kick yo ass, fool! I pity the fool that mocks me... *makes Mr. T face*

Mad-About-Venus
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Come on guys, you can't be shaken by Selesloser comments, he lives to hate the Williams.... you guys should know better by now.

Great win Serena, keep showing the world who the most feared woman in tennis is and what a real champ is about.

Good work. :worship: :worship:

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:33 PM
ROFL! Jordan, don't make me kick yo ass, fool! I pity the fool that mocks me... *makes Mr. T face*

:p :angel:

Mr. Man
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:35 PM
lmao Cari.

I have to agree with Pureracket.
selesrules just wants attention, after all he's only 10, give him a chance. roflajdak

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:37 PM
rofsalfdjsadfs.zxvlasfkjasfj

he needs a hug not drugs... 1-800-CHARTER, it helped Left Eye, RIP.

Hulet
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:40 PM
If selesrules wants attention, stop posting in her thread and don't give the attention. I think selesrules pushes the williams' fans' buttons so easily. All she said in this thread was serena "edged" her opponent. Nothing offensive in it.

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Cari is a bitchface!

Cariaoke
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Cari is a bitchface!
http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/ohno.gif

http://www.kthxbi.com/xmb/images/smilies/mrt2.gif

Chance
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Congratulations Serena !!!

I really like the hair and earrings.

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:47 PM
LMAO Cari! :D

Mr. Man
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:48 PM
If selesrules wants attention, stop posting in her thread and don't give the attention. I think selesrules pushes the williams' fans' buttons so easily. All she said in this thread was serena "edged" her opponent. Nothing offensive in it.
You're absolutely right. Selesrules is probably sitting at home laughing at her thread. :bounce:

Lynx
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:56 PM
The thing with Serena is - I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong - that she almost never makes impressive scores à la Kim at the beginning of a Grand Slam. She almost lost in the first round at the Australian Open, remember.

Serena Williams - Emilie Loit: 3-6 7-6 (5) 7-5

So yes, she's beatable, the earlier in a tournament, the easier to beat, it seems - "easy" being relative, here. But if she doesn't lose, she gets stronger, and stronger, and stronger, and -.

So I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Hmm Why dont we simply highjack this thread into a Serena Williams Photo Fantasia Thread? Lets Post serena interviews and photo ops and quotes! Wheeeeeeee!

Dava
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Should have been 6-3 6-4 but Craybas just could not hold the game points in the last game.

Well played Serena!

rikvanlooy
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM

It's not the first time that supporters of Serena are mentioning the winners and the unforced errors of her matches in order to prove something.

In the beginning of the match against Justine at RG Serena went for balls that were unretrievable. She just stuck her racket to the ball and the ball flew miles to the side off the court. It was always going to be a point for Justine, but it isn't registered as a winner because at the last moment she stuck her racket to the ball. So it doesn't mean that much. Because Serena does this always she always has a low number of winners against her. Other players just let the ball go. Those statistics don't mean that much.

BTW : At RG the officials didn't make a difference between forced and unforced errors, so ...

Amanda
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Mr. Man is so cool!

VivalaSeles
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Excellent post, Lynx :D
As far as Jill Craybas beating herself ... lol ... what is the usual unforced errors / winners ratio of Craybas ? If she usually has more unforced errors than winners against top players, then this match was just another one ... similar to many ... if Jill usually has more winners than UEs against top players, then she did beat herself (but did she EVER have more winners than UEs against a top player ? )

carisbro
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Mr. Man is so cool!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

good win serena!!!! :kiss:

haha to all suckas who thinks serena played bad... :devil:

RAA
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:07 PM
no worries, Serena is in the second round, and Jill ain't.

personally, I don't care how she gets there.
Kim C throttled everyone on the way to the RG final, and look where that got HER. a pummeling in the final.

lets just play one match at a time and see how it goes, no?

honestly, I agree that Serena didn't play her best, but to say that Jill LOST the match rather than Serena winning it is quite an obtuse statement. Jill hung in there on many points, but on BIG points, Serena played much better than she did.

Couver
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Actually I love these threads. Selesrules bitterness and insange threads, keep me laughing when I visit the board.

:)

All4Williams
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:08 PM
I watched that match. Serena did go off sometime I would say that she played badly except that I could see she was trying out a few things. Which is what these first rounds are all about. Not to play your A game but to build up to your A game. I would say that Serena was never pushed. She was very comfortable. Most of the points that Jill got were because of Serena's UE.
Everyone is beatable of course.