PDA

View Full Version : Will VEnus make her little circles against Petrova as well ?

gopher
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:22 AM
Hardly sure.
Hrozenska's service was a nightmare and she just gave plenty opportunities to Venus to blast away those backhand and forehand winners from the back of the court.
But she made a lot of errors. And Petrova is playing well and can handle Venus' power.

Maybe Petrova will make those circles on Friday...

Tarsius
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Venus looks fine healthwise yesterday. I just wonder why the hell she was hacking at everything like she doesn't care if its going in or out. Hrozenka looked like she didn't have it in her to even put up a fight and it seems she didn't. That match was a Cakewalk, but it wont be the same against the likes of Petrova. Venus can win and I stil place my odds on her... but I did the same thing with Capriati a few weeks back.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:35 AM
I think Petrova's biggest problem will be nerves. She didn't have this many expectations on her at the French and last week at Rosmalen, she was doing really well against Henin-Hardenne but seemed to let off as Henin-Hardenne started playing better, plus Venus has much more experience and should be better at playing the big points.

Jericho
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:00 AM
no offense, but nadia is rather slow...venus wont underestimate nadia, thats for sure...nadia would have a better chance if she just came out of nowhere and taken venus by surprise

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:09 AM
no offense, but nadia is rather slow...venus wont underestimate nadia, thats for sure...nadia would have a better chance if she just came out of nowhere and taken venus by surprise

I agree, Nadia's gonna have to improve on her mobility if she wants to have any chance of keeping up with Venus on grass and plus with all the pressure on Nadia to provide a challenge for Venus, this match may end up as lopsided as the Serena-Amelie QF at the French.

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Yes: If Venus wins she will make her little circles as well. to answer the question.:)

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:42 AM
If Venus wins, she'll do her traditional circles otherwise Nadia could do her traditional muscle & heart thingy.:D

I anticipate a great match.:bounce:

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Venus looked back to her old self in that match. She was explosive moving around the court, and hitting winners. Smacking aces. She had 10 DF, but that was about all that was wrong with her game today. I think she is a strong favorite to take the title. Also I think she played well enough today to beat Petrova is straights. Petrova is good, but she ain't never seen the likes of Venus Williams. Capriati should not be a benchmark of gauging a player against Venus because frankly Capriati loses to everyone, and she doesn't have a serve like Venus' and is not as athletic. Venus is just a far better player than Capriati at this point. Capriati has backed off the form she showed in 2001. Capriati seems afraid to hit hard and attack anymore, at least vs. the top players.

seeing_red
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:39 AM
More than likely, Venus will win easily. Her gameplan works well on this surface.

Nadia has to improve on her mobility and her athleticism to be able to be a really serious threat on this surface.